What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fasilitor Vs. Armor Si

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I have a question... Has anyone noticed a decrease in quality when doing the double dosing fasilitator?
Any time i have used a product like bud blood, bloom khaos, alfalfa meal or sea kelp, that is supposed to make plants stay short and have tight nodes, I do notice a slight decrease in quality. How much it decreases is directly related to the dosage of the product and the specific strain. Sometimes you get it perfect and everything is ok. But for me its always either too much, or not enough. I try to stay away from things like this now a days. When something says it will give me tighter, or denser buds, i immediately think "lesser quality". I picture buds grown with high doses of bushmaster;)lol Like a rock!

whatthe215

Veteran
paclo products will forsure drop quality, especially if not used correctly. when i used to run paclo, i would drop base to 1/2 strength (until i flushed that paclo out after week 3) and that helped keep quality higher.

i haven't noticed any drop in quality from running double dose fasilator.

Cartel530

Veteran
Diggin up an old thread but the rumor is that the scientist who developed and owns the formula no longer works for them so its no the same formula and mills may have picked them up and is relieasing a new product with a chemist haha sounds like they bought him out.

ubi

so i just found out about this from Grownout
OSA28.com
Check it out (orthosilicic acid)
starts selling in 2weeks so says the rep

Hate to come in and burst your bubble, but this was grown with about the cheapest nutes a man can buy (jack's hydro and cal-nit). Nothing else added other than sulfuric acid (99% purity) to adjust PH. I'll take the pepsi challenge with anyone's "additive improved" herb any day of the week.

View Image

Now to be clear, if it makes you feel better for whatever reason to buy the same elements in a pretty bottle for umpteen times more money, I won't stop ya. Though I assure you anyone with a minimal education in horticulture would laugh at what many growers spend on nutes. Capitalism is a wonderful thing however :biggrin:.

Dab - Look forward to your results. As mentioned earlier, you really should have a control group that receives no silica. It's good shit I assure you, but to be a true side by side you need a control.

:) Jack's & CalNit @ 660ppm. Starting water is collected rainwater @ 7ppm.

No pH adjustments. No Problem.

Gotta love Jack's!

Attachments

• Dr K 1 small.jpg
    Dr K 1 small.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I have done the side by side

I have done the side by side

Drenching every part of the plants in the last week of veg and first 3 weeks of flower with fasilitor at 4ml/gal. greatly increases bud site density. I have done it under the same light with plants from the same mom and it's without a doubt doing something very good. Fasilitor is not a silica product, it's silicic acid and it's boron. I am sure there are other versions available but I use 16ml per grow to do 8k worth of flowering plants. A bottle lasts years.

Last edited:

Theophilus

Hmmm...you might reconsider your conclusion. The Si found in Potassium Silicate (Silica Blast, Pro-tekt, etc) is not in the form of Plant Available Silica (PAS)...rather it will take weeks for it to be converted to PAS. There are only two types of PAS: amorphous silica (think food grade DE) and monosilicic acid (very few Potassium Silicate products include this "expensive" ingredient).

Sorry if I rained on anyone's parade, Cheers!

BTW, sand is mostly silica right? Real cheap right? Zero PAS.

Agree wholeheartedly. Nice to see someone educated on the subject of silica. :tiphat:

Theophilus

Power Si is a somewhat newer product now on the market that is said to contain BOTH potassium silicate and monosilicic acid for what it might be worth...

Avenger

Veteran
dupe..

Attachments

• Plant Available Silicon of Fertilizer Sources.jpg
    Plant Available Silicon of Fertilizer Sources.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 5 day silicon fertilizer analysis method.pdf
    390.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
DE powder that works is the most finely ground - large particles aren't going to do much. I'd try a brand of wollastonite for a soil grow.