What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Guide To RDWC - Part 1 - Featuring Chemdog Double Diesel & 2,000 Watts!

Snype

Veteran
I figured I would show this strain that Rez Dog helped create. It is a collaboration between Rez and Dutchgrown and is pure fire! Where ever you are Rez, I hope that you are safe and well!

Witches Weed - Day 73 Flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Snype

Veteran
SUP SNYPE....GREAT TO SEE YOU ROCKIN THE FORUM AGAIN....WE ALL GO THROUGH TOUGH TIMES.....JUS MAKES YOU STRONGER...GLAD TO SEE YOU AND SNYPETTE BACK..DJ

Thanks DJ! Glad to see you on the site. I agree! Good luck with your grows this year.

Awesome thread snype :respect:. Love all the attention to detail :biggrin:
Thanks Mister_D! I'm glad that you enjoy my details. I learn so much from my data. So much to learn.

Snype

Veteran
I have edited in more details and pictures into the harvesting, sweating and quality control section on page 3 of this thread. Anyone who has any questions, please feel free to ask.

Snype

Veteran
I have added another section into post #4 that includes pH and feeding. It's mostly edited but this week I will read this whole thread and make any final adjustments.

NIMMAJEKAJ

Sweet straightforward, clean cut informational thread, and perfect amount of pages... lol
And them nugs in the end :jawdrop: I humbly bow to the goodness sir...

Snype

Veteran
Sweet straightforward, clean cut informational thread, and perfect amount of pages... lol
And them nugs in the end :jawdrop: I humbly bow to the goodness sir...
Thank you for your kind words!

GREAT THREAD! :woohoo: What all is needed for a 4bucket setup ?Only got a 600watt hps
I have installed many 4 bucket systems for growers who have closets that they want to fill. It will only cost you around $225.00 to build this system. You are going to have to wait for the tutorial but if you want to order any piece's beforehand, get:

http://www.dannermfg.com/Store/products/danner/PID-02513.aspx

&

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/index.php/parts/air_water_pumps/dual_diaphragm/

Last edited:

benzo

awesome snype! i really love allll the detail you keep.

how do you collect that data? clipboard, dry erase board? surely not in your head.. haha..

just curious . looking forward to your diy tut as well

Snype

Veteran
awesome snype! i really love allll the detail you keep.

how do you collect that data? clipboard, dry erase board? surely not in your head.. haha..

just curious . looking forward to your diy tut as well

I've been keeping data for years. I have logged data here on IC multiple times. When I was gone and I came back I thought I would see more detailed threads with data but it still seems to be rare. I'm not sure why. Data gives you better crops in the long run and bigger yields. I see growers who come to the wrong conclusions in their grows because they don't keep accurate data so they have to make assumptions from the limited data they have in their head.

I have many spiral notebooks filled with data, idea's, blueprints, formulas, parts and where to get them for the lowest price, ideas of tests that I want to do, tests that I have completed and many other things. I also keep sticky notes that end up all over the walls with information that I need to keep track of or what I think is important to me. If you look at my picture of me holding those few buds, you will notice some bright colored sticky notes posted on the wall. Sticky notes usually just end up in random walls of where I happen to be at the time. Snypette buys stacks of bright colored sticky notes because she knows that I love them.

My mind tends to wonder and I'm kind of fast pace which can be annoying to most people around me. When I'm in the right mood I go through my old books and sticky notes and organize it into my Apple Computer. I don't treat it like a job because I love what I do and work on what interests me at the time. I only answer to myself so when I become uninterested in what I'm working on, there's always something else cannabis related that I switch to and it keeps things fresh. The majority of my thoughts have to do with cannabis. The rest of my thoughts have to do with analyzing the human race and comparing them to animals if that makes any sense to anyone.

paperchaser825

The rates that I use for GH flora series is 1 part micro to 1.5 parts bloom.

Interesting. This puts your mix more inline with the Floranova Bloom NPK as opposed to the lucas standard (1 part micro, 2 parts bloom).

Was wondering what your take on bloom boosters is. I am planning on running Floranova Bloom and Liquid Koolbloom next run. I'm still trying to formulate when to start adding and subtracting nutrients. I want to say I will run Floranova Bloom weeks 1-3 @ 1.2 EC total, 1:1 ratio Floranova Bloom and Liquid Koolbloom weeks 4-6 @ 1.2 EC total, and end with topping off my RDWC with RO for weeks 7-8 on an 8 week strain. How does that sound to the more experienced?

Really anxious to see the RDWC tutorial as well, though if I could have a vote I would want to see a 4 plant 600w setup. ;)

Keep up the good work sir and thanks for your time.

Snype

Veteran
Interesting. This puts your mix more inline with the Floranova Bloom NPK as opposed to the lucas standard (1 part micro, 2 parts bloom).

Was wondering what your take on bloom boosters is. I am planning on running Floranova Bloom and Liquid Koolbloom next run. I'm still trying to formulate when to start adding and subtracting nutrients. I want to say I will run Floranova Bloom weeks 1-3 @ 1.2 EC total, 1:1 ratio Floranova Bloom and Liquid Koolbloom weeks 4-6 @ 1.2 EC total, and end with topping off my RDWC with RO for weeks 7-8 on an 8 week strain. How does that sound to the more experienced?

Really anxious to see the RDWC tutorial as well, though if I could have a vote I would want to see a 4 plant 600w setup. ;)

Keep up the good work sir and thanks for your time.
I start my bloom boosters at Day 14 of Flowering. I lower and subtract my nutrients all together 7-14 days before harvest. I don't use Floranova in RDWC because it's thick and hard for me to be accurate. I use my Floranova with my soil plants and instead of Kool Bloom, I use organa guano liquid pictured here:
http://www.horticulturesource.com/pdfs/Organa Add + Guano Feed Schedule.pdf

As far as to how does that sound, it would depend on what your meters say. I show you how I find out what EC to use from my feeding post on the first page of this thread here:
"Feeding
Variety of strains requires different amounts of nutrient levels. This is why you wouldn’t want to grow multiple types of strains in the same system at the same time. If you have some heavy feeding strains mixed with underfeeding strains, it would be impossible to meet the needs of both types at once. For this purpose, it is always best to have all your plants in each system from the same mom in clone form. Of course you can grow similar feeding strains together but you would not maximize the yield of the grow and this is about maximizing your grow.

Overfeeding can cause lack of flavor in your final product and usually does. I will explain how to learn what your plants want by using your EC/TDS/PPM meter. Having one of these meters is a necessity when growing hydroponically and if you don’t have one you are flying blind. Always make sure that your meter is calibrated and that you check re-calibrate the meter every 2 weeks and when you see potential problems going on. Most grow shop meters are made with cheap components and are not lab grade so reading can be off frequently throughout your grow.

I believe in growing in sterile growing systems at all times. This doesn’t mean that growers who do use live nutrients or suppliments are wrong but this isn’t what this manual is about. Things can go wrong real fast in hydroponics and potentially kill your whole crop within days. Because of this I use refined nutrients and the brand that I like to use is General Hydroponic Flora Series. I enjoy the results that I get with this product but I mainly use it because I can keep my pH more stable with it compared to some other brands. Whatever brand you choose you will notice how the pH acts and if it swings too much you can try another brand and see what works for you. When I use GH Flora, I only use the Micro and the Bloom. The Micro has all the nitrogen that you need in your grow. In my grows it doesn’t matter if I’m in Veg or Flower, I use the Flora series in the exact same rates but if you choose to use another brand then you will have to experiment until you find the right rates that work for you. The rates that I use for GH flora series is 1 part micro to 1.5 parts bloom. You will first have to test all your clones in the same system to see how these plants eat so you can maximize the yield without burning them and ruining your flavor. The way that I do this with my nutrients is once I have roots, I start with a low PPM around 300. I keep data and write down what the PPM is every day once I top off the rez to the same point that it was when I first put the nutes in when it was 300. What I want to see is the PPM come down but not real fast. If your meter is reading 240 in 3 days then I would raise the solution to 360 and continue to record this data. I know that I am where I want to be when the meter is only going down 010 ppm per day. I like to look over a 3 day period cause it is hard to see 10-20 PPm per day as opposed to 60 ppm over a 3 day period. If the PPM is not going down then you are too high so when you raise it you don’t want to go too high or you’ll have to change out your system and nute at a lower level. As your plants are growing, you are recording the data that you get and when it reaches the levels of 10-20ppm of a decrees per day, then you know how much to use on your future grows with that pheno.

Throughout the years I’ve learned to keep it as simple as possible and don’t be fooled by variety of high priced snake oils that the grow shop has to offer. Cannabis doesn’t require as much as most growers think and a lot of new growers and even people who have years of growing experience make the mistake of following the directions on nutrient bottles. This can fry your plants."

There is no formula that anyone can give you that will best suit your plants. You have to do testing and watch the numbers on your meters. The numbers will tell you everything you need to know.

paperchaser825

Gotcha. I did read that part about 10-20 ppm per day is what to shoot for, it's just it was so late and I was tired and I've been stuck on 1.2 as a standard recently in my theorycrafting. I think I just didn't absorb it all in one take. Again, excellent write up and waiting with excitement for the RDWC writeup.

Snype

Veteran
In the first post of this thread, I have edited in many more details that you will really want to read about in my VEG-A process and why this process is important to use as well as tricks that I have learned through my data. Go check it out.

This thread is almost completed for the community to use and learn from. I would suggest anyone who has any questions, to ask them ASAP because after August 4th, I will be off the grid with no internet for at least 3 months.

Last edited:
D

DJXXPLATINUM

THANKS FOR THE LINKS....YOU LEARN SO MUCH FROM THE VETERANS GROWERS ON HERE...AM RUNNING SOME CHEM DD X SENSISTAR..POPPED FIVE AND THREE MADE IT....THEY WERE PRETTY OLD...DJ

Latest posts

Latest posts