What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

Wash them in pure alcohol, like you should do with your bags and all sticky tools, you would be surprised how much accumulate, makes a pretty good Simpson oil.

Very artistic Paolo, must be fun to smoke.
You should avoid coffee filter and use baking paper to dry, sometimes the resin is really sticky so be careful on what you put it on to dry.
All the best

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Happy Saturday hash enthusiasts!

Happy Saturday hash enthusiasts!

Wash them in pure alcohol, like you should do with your bags and all sticky tools, you would be surprised how much accumulate, makes a pretty good Simpson oil.

Very artistic Paolo, must be fun to smoke.
You should avoid coffee filter and use baking paper to dry, sometimes the resin is really sticky so be careful on what you put it on to dry.
All the best

While i was washing the bags&tools i´ve noticed how brownish the alcohol would get and i decided to collect the alcohol used for washing them and make a little oil in the end. Nice to know that i was not getting it wrong.

When comes to baking paper vs coffee filters i must admit that i prefer the coffee filters mainly because it´s faster. This said, you need to be careful in order to get your resin stuck on the filters.

Tomorrow i´ll make another run of it.
And i´ve already brought down a few selected plants (Paulos Slippers, Malawi, SnowFruit and Golden Tiger) now they´re hanged drying in order to make some single strains Bubbler.

After a few good years smoking mostly homegrown herbs it´s very nice to be able to produce my own resins with such quality.
I´m a happy bunny when comes to this:dance013:

CrimCity

after many years of making my bubble hash with my 8 bag kit of 20 gallon bubble bags, i finally decided to get a bubbleator to save on labor and time.

i realized that it should make things easier and even improve the quality of the end product a bit if done right. so this made me decide to get one from a local store. the one they sold was the pollinator company version. i have to say that it has a slight leak some where at the run off hose connection under the unit. it's a very slight leak, but still kinda annoying.

anyway it did make some very nice looking hash, i did notice some traces of crap in the macros, and realized that i forgot to let the trim re hydrate in the water before turning the machine on. this cased all the dry brittle trim to get battered into small bits letting out chlorophyll in to the water and tinny bits of leaf in the bubble. still this was just a trail run, i have a bunch of trim i need to run.

what i did like is the color, due to the short conntact time with the water the trichomes are not green at all, even the third run has a nice color and texture. it also looks to have yielded quite well all things considered.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Looks delicious. What's the strain?

vapor

Veteran
alcohol will make your bags wear out faster.... I just use hot water and throw it in my bubble machine to wash it.....

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
So u dry the fresh bubblehash on a pasteboard in the freezer, then take it out and shred it then with a sieve then let try normal on the air???

Great thread! At first I was afraid of the dabbling around when making ice water hash (which it really is). But this thread took away my fear and helped me with my decision to buy an Iceolator kit ;) And now I even agree with gaiusmarius, it is fun making ice water extract. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences!

My first iceolator hash made from NLX trim:

Although most write that you should not press the hash to get out the water, I have found that way easier and faster than scraping the wet mass off the bags. Does that have any other negative impact than having to clean the bags more frequently?
And how much hash do you guys yield when making bubble hash? With dry trim I collected around 5% of the trim's weight (running the machine 4 times à 15 minutes).

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
been ages, but i been doing some bubble making recently, my most recent batch was some fresh frozen trim at a mates place, came out lovely and terpy...

picture.php

1st run 73
picture.php

2nd run 73
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Looking good gaiusmarius,
Is this the christmas hash :D

i guess it will have to be, it's the best stuff from my most recent batches. to be honest i'm so impressed with my new tangie x cookie buds that i've totally forgotten about smoking much of that hash. i did make a good night jont using some 4th run hash mixed with weed and a bit of tobacco, soooo nice....you just take small sips as it's very strong, it burns so slow that you can spend ages slowly puffing away the joint, getting higher and higher till you have to let it go out for a break lol.

We're getting hash for Christmas?

maybe for the ic 420 cup instead :bongsmi:

i got a whole bunch of orangy terp weed about to be harvested, i plan to treat the trim like gold (gently) and fresh freeze it, for making some cup entry bubble if all goes as planned :joint:

so all you have to do is join us in Barcelona for the ic 420 cup and reserve a hash pack hehehe....

mexweed

Veteran
I got one of those little washing machines and 5 bags a while back 220, 160, 120, 73, 25

the 120 and 73 come out dank the rest get put into brownies, 73 being the #1

LHpvJ4f.jpg

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i wonder how that last batch would squish up, can you squish chunks like those or will i need to freeze it and grind it to crumbs fist? or should it be worked into 1 chunk before the squish?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends what your filter type is but generally hash presses better with a good prepress or forming to suit the filter. With a nylon bag you can pack thick, fold tight and squish slowly to "puddle out" inside the filter. I don't think you need to powder it, looks like it will melt like butter.

I use to make paddies wrapped in coffee filter or stainless and occasionally noticed loose spots that creaked gaps or channels for oil to collect in rather than flow onto parchment. Bags can do similar if packed too loose.