What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The CannaBunker Begins

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I had a PM with a good question, so I reposted it with an answer here, for everyone to read.

someguy said:
Hello brother,
Please tell me how the heck can you justify all the power to the electric company ? I'm starting to build a multi light flower room but i'm a little hesitant about my power bill, i'm afraid it's gonna be looking suspicious, big electric spike out of the sudden. Any hints on this ? Do you think electric company, even though bills are paid on time, will alert the PO-POs ? I'm betting on being happy they have a higher consumption but... i donno
Thanks!

That's always been a concern of mine, but it's my belief that LEO and utilities don't collaborate unless there's already a suspicion that you're doing something wrong. If you're already on their radar, they will get a warrant if you have high power consumption or not. If you're not on their radar, you have nothing to worry about. Utilities top priority is profit. Pay your bills on time and don't steal power. Years of searching for an incident where excessive power consumption was the sole justification for a warrant, and I haven't found anything. There's always a extenuating circumstance, whether it's a vindictive girlfriend, a crazy girlfriend, an angry girlfriend, or a manipulative girlfriend, there's usually some other reason that a judge signed off on a warrant.

Also, if LEO even SUSPECTS something, (no probable cause or reasonable suspicion) you'll get a knock and talk. If this is the case, know your rights. I like the, "Never get busted" series, it offers a good overview of how to handle police encounters, but there's a lot of info out there on this (and some differing opinions), so do your research, and stay safe.

dstark

I understand that electicity is a problem, but ever thought of installing a small air conditioning system instead? Or it might not be strong enough?

Also great thread, read it all for three hours during my guarding:) Best setup ever and keèp ûs up to date.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
The AC really isn't all that significant in terms of power consumption. Actually, it's kind of a sore subject for me, I never was able to get my mini-split working. Luckily, the 24k btu wall mounted it more than enough. It's actually off right now, no need in the winter.

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
I've decided to change my setup from a top feed drip system, to using ez-cloner mister heads, but I'm running into some issues in the conversion. First, I found that I needed to add a second 1500 gph pump to get a good spray from a 48 site system. My next issue was when I was replacing all of the feed lines. Apparently, there was some algae growing in the 1/2" PVC manifolds that fed the drip lines, and after pulling the lines out, it left a ton of algae behind, and I've been cleaning out mister heads for days now.

My solution? Make new manifolds, and paint them black before installing them to make them opaque. Any advice on this? Plastic primer and krylon black? Is 3 coats enough?

Tuhder

If your still going all these years later without being ripped off,snitched on, flooding, fire or tear down due to paranoia or an actual threat I would be really surprised.

Its an impressive build, one I will never forget and I come back all these years later to revisit. Yet, I always had a bad feeling about it.

I hope all is well.