What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outta sight,outta mind by Blunt69

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
You can always tell the guys that are long time followers of my threads!! I always hear about that damn clear hose!!!lol... Ive got the proper shit laying there.. but why change what works!!!lol

I will proly take it to 65 days or so, with a week of flush .. Oh yeah the jars will be packed before Xmas this time!!! Thanks for the visit dude!!!

GeorgeSmiley - you are now enabled! enjoy!

Blunt_69

Veteran
So Ive been contemplating a light mover for my setup..However not like the typical fashion that we see in big room setups.. My light only needs to move half a foot.Max. I have noticed that I could be getting some bigger growth on the perimeter if i could get more light on it.. I don't want to add more lights.. (i still have 2 600 for future consiteration) So currently I am moving it manually to see if this has an effect on my outer branches.. This is the first time i have attempted this, i am hoping for results.

My main problem is light bleaching.. I am trying to maximize yields by providing max lumens with a 1000HPS.I can get the light within 1 foot of canopy without burning them. However the hot spot of the light always seems to force me to move the light up, in early flower. That is a loss of efficiency.. So I am trying to come up with a way to move my light automatically..... I cannot run my bulb open due to heat , it must stay in a vented hood horizontally.

edit>. i have found the heart of my light mover system. It is a windshield wiper motor. 12 v multiple speeds, reversing gear. available anywhere

Last edited:

huntingbb

So Ive been contemplating a light mover for my setup..However not like the typical fashion that we see in big room setups.. My light only needs to move half a foot.Max. I have noticed that I could be getting some bigger growth on the perimeter if i could get more light on it.. I don't want to add more lights.. (i still have 2 600 for future consiteration) So currently I am moving it manually to see if this has an effect on my outer branches.. This is the first time i have attempted this, i am hoping for results.

My main problem is light bleaching.. I am trying to maximize yields by providing max lumens with a 1000HPS.I can get the light within 1 foot of canopy without burning them. However the hot spot of the light always seems to force me to move the light up, in early flower. That is a loss of efficiency.. So I am trying to come up with a way to move my light automatically..... I cannot run my bulb open due to heat , it must stay in a vented hood horizontally.

edit>. i have found the heart of my light mover system. It is a windshield wiper motor. 12 v multiple speeds, reversing gear. available anywhere

most of the light movers ive seen move slowly, so as long as you can make it do that.. (multiple speeds, yum)... yeah i see a good DIY, do it!

Devilboy

bro what we did a while back is changed all our hoods to large adjusta wings covers about 13% more area then reg hoods and temps of canopy droped about 5 deg wich let us move the light about 9 in from top without burning i know alotta peoeple dont like the wings but i am a beliver now the results have been amazing ...but not just any wing best ive found is the adjustawing...

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I'd just go with a light rail 3.5 or 5, it has adjustable thumbscrew stops to allow you to adjust it to whatever size area you need. Get the robostick attachment, it helps immensely to balance the shade on it's center of balance correctly. It would suck for a DIY project to fall down on your babies, ya know? The hundey or two will be totally worth it for a well engineered, UL listed product. Safety first brother. ;)

Blunt_69

Veteran
Day 26 flower... is looking GOOOD!!

No babble this time... just a few pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

knocked down the nute solution... down to 890ppm from 1000ppm.. will hit em with, one more water dose then full strength again.

Blunt_69

Veteran
I'd just go with a light rail 3.5 or 5, it has adjustable thumbscrew stops to allow you to adjust it to whatever size area you need. Get the robostick attachment, it helps immensely to balance the shade on it's center of balance correctly. It would suck for a DIY project to fall down on your babies, ya know? The hundey or two will be totally worth it for a well engineered, UL listed product. Safety first brother

haha.... dude. trust me whatever i come up with it will be overbuilt.lol.. I have a great idea... using steel strapping used for hanging electrical..very neet stuff and strong.

Talking with a few others I have determined it is more then likely the shade i am using and how close i am able to get it..There is this super sweet ass one at the store i got my eye on. Oval instead of triangle. mylared looking inards reflectivity, vs flat white and best of all a 6inch exhaust vs 4 inch. I will be upgrading at the end of this round. You can see the light bleaching in the first pic tall nug on the right hand side. Doesn't burn the plant. It bleaches the leaves. almost looks like a n deficiency.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Thanks Bro!! they are looking fine fine!!!becoming monsters already... and its day 28 flower!!!

Just hit em with a enzymeand a fresh batch of nutes

8 micro, 15 bloom, 6ml bloombooster,10ml hydrozyme(every three top ups only)

here's a peak of the performance!!

picture.php

picture.php

a smaller branch compared with an average screwdriver

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Day 31 flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

My babies are ready.. just gotta do some HST and dump them into the systems as soon as these ones are down..

Last edited:

somoz

Veteran
Yo Blunt....I like the way you're rolling with this one man....it has been awhile but good to see you back up on the boards and fuckin around with it too boot. Look forward to seeing it now......

Blunt_69

Veteran
wahsss up!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

that's would be day 34 peeps!! Cheers for stopping in guys!! I gonna have one fat sack off this one!!!