What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outta sight,outta mind by Blunt69

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
picture.php

It's a work in progress....... been awhile... to long me thinks....

blunt69

wizberry

Hey Blunt69,

I am so glad to see you posting another grow! As you know, I'm one of your biggest fans. Can't wait to see your Magic Trays in action again!

Would love it if you could critique my system sometime...it's modeled after your excellent system.:wave:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Holy shit !!! wizberry!!! nice nice nice!!! I wondered if anybody would model after it..... There is still so much i could do to it with more space!!!! Its really great seeing where you took the design dude!!

Thanks for the welcome guys..... Im back for a bit here... its Christmas season after alll!!!!

So as some as you know, i have been in retirement mode.. well I kinda did..hehehe

Anyways I played around for the last few years trying differnt strains and different methods, nute solutions...... In the end of all of this i figured out i had it right the first time... So.. I am going back to the basics once again, with my initial strain(yes its still around) and ima gonna grow some mama sized buds!!!

so stay tuned folks blunt69 is back!

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Ok so a little info for the peeps that have not experienced the Magic trays yet. This is a 6 site SWC low flow, recirculating system. It incorporates the ideas of many Hydro systems into one. The Magic trays are housed inside a customized fully automated growing environment.

picture.php

Each tray is fed by a air pump each, these babys are dual outputs fed into one output. in this case there are three SWC trays.

picture.php

i clean the air with a custom Charcoal filter. It has yet to be mounted permanently but its coming.

picture.php

The room incorporated a small dehumidifier which can maintain 40% humidity no problem, water collected is recirculated directly back into the system.

picture.php

this is the 1000 hortilux in a vented shade.
these are on special hangers which allow me to adjust height of the light with a simple push up or down I back this system up with chains

picture.php

And of course the brains or heart of the system the Constant readout Trimeter.

picture.php

All this is crammed into a 5X7X8 foot space. It achieved up to 2.5 Lb per crop this takes me ruffly 3 months, less depending.

Here is the baby chamber located close by, they are ready to be transplanted into the magic tray system.

picture.php

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
:wave: hey ya bud!!! Good to seeya!

So yes, a bit of a tease here... I gotta wait to just like you guys do ...lol.. Trust me, if i had the formula to go to big bud shots in 1 week.. I'd be retired.lol

Room has been dormant for a 5 month period, so a good cleaning was in order.. While i did this, i started reorganizing layout... This area is extremely small for me to fit into.. It seems like i keep adding things the shorter i get on space... I also had to vaccum the trays to rid the sludge and grit left behind from the last round.

Wet/dry vacs work great for not only cleaning, but also for evacuating the water from each tray!!!

I also counted how many gallons it takes to fill my system from empty this time!! 132 liters. or 35 ish gallons.. After i was done draining flushing and refilled.. I realized the need for a better system for doing this.. Everything is drained into buckets and dumped done the toilet.. refilling took over 33 4-liter milk jugs full of water to fill.... Its a pain in the Asshole.

All of this is manual labour and takes way to much of my time... I will be working on a new solution for this as a priority..6 hours later I was finished..It's alot of work.. but it's really the only work the system requires due to stealth location.Once shes running it's super easy to maintain.Back in the day i had enough patience. to deal with it.. Now im old.lol.

I also transplanted all my clones into the magic trays.Washed all my hydroton in a light bleach formula and rinsed. Added a light nutrients lineup and tested flow.. Shes all working just fine...clear lines and all....lol

I have black feeder lines.now... just never got around to using them yet... damn clear ones keep working...lol Ive only had one clog, due to my pump picking up some junk..

Air stones a continual problem I have...is a non issue.. I now use the 8 inch airstones and found if you lightly break them in a few spots, they supply air continuously and DONT clog..

I also mounted my two fire extingishers One baby 2.5 pound for the cloning chamber. a 10 pound for the main chamber.. I also have a 20 pound co2 outside the whole thing.. If i ever get into a totally engulfed situation and i cant go into my rooms. I can let a 20 pound C02 off inside both of the chambers... That will put out a fully involved fire very quickly.. Auto detection is coming. I have a fire panel waiting to go in along with heat and smoke detectors. When it's done, my room will have to ability to self extinguish, complete with fan shut downs..

And you thought i had retired..... no grasshoppers... learning new trades!!lol peace out.

Last edited:

wizberry

I also mounted my two fire extingishers One baby 2.5 pound for the cloning chamber. a 10 pound for the main chamber.. I also have a 20 pound co2 outside the whole thing..

Props 4 safety features! Are you using CO2 in the room now?

Where/how are you accessing your water supply?

Blunt_69

Veteran
Nope No C02... The way the room is configured, i cant run co2 efficiently without using AC.. There is no room for an AC unit currently, when i go sealed then i will run C02. We shall see..

The 20 pound C02 is to eliminate all available O2 in the chamber within 10 seconds. Im think worst case scenario.. You do NOT want to have to call the fire dept..

I currently transport water in and out of the room via 4 -liter milk jugs.... it sucks.. Im gonna tap into my water line Tee it... and buy a better wet dry vac(bigger).

Blunt_69

Veteran
ummm.... ok where was i again?!!?! Oh that's right......
.... showing off week 2.5 in the magic... I haven't adjust Ph or PPM just running at 1/2 strength nutes. the numbers are a bit outta wack... but the plants are telling me they are cool. listen to the plant, don't try and induce growth with nutes.Running the cheapest nute solution ever!!! lucas! haven't added any enzymes yet....just some flora micro, and bloom...

shot of the trimeter, now located outside the chamber
picture.php

heres a root shot in the lower bubbler tray.

picture.php

The above roots source plant
picture.php

and the rest

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

give em a few more days then prune em...forming really nice so far.

Last edited:

bendoslendo

Here's a picture of me trying to look at your pictures:

Another of me trying to figure out if your just messing with us:

And this is me in Disney with the family:

D

DHF

Thanks Bendo.........thought it was my bullshit connection.......prolly is , but at least I ain`t the only one that can`t see the dank.......

Blunt.......wassup.........DHF.........

Blunt_69

Veteran
lol... i wasn't quite catchin on there lol.Im like WTF???("straight" at work of course).. but DHF did clarify it up for me there...lol...

well fuck you guys!! lol... wasssssup DHF,HYDROSUN,bendoslendo!!!! Guys,Gals, everyone!?!?!?! Yeah im back bitches!! im Blunt-mother-fucking-69!!!!!
:laughing:
hahahahaaha right.... that shit got me in trouble last time...... coff coff..... moving on...(snicker!)

Its coming.. its coming...

I promise to not disappoint!

(i ran out of weed........the shame.... the shame)

for those of you who missed it..... here... fuck... this is all i can do for you now...OK?.....bwahahaahaha
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=166836&highlight=wick.96

oh what this..... another one.
.......lol....
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=141051

enjoy!!!! cause we gotta wait fer this one to blossom!

What?? Stephen King had an alternate ego??Superheros too, gosh darn it lol(muahahahahaha)
not my fault if you don't check out the newbiess from time to time. : )

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Hahahaha... welll shiiiiitz.. I pulled a newbie mistake there guys!! lol.... Oops!! my bad ...my bad...lol....

I seriously had no idea you couldn't see the pictures!!! sorry homeies! Thanks bendoslendo!! Now i get it.... lol fuck........!!!

picture.php

picture.php

OK DO YOU SEE THE PICS????

somebody... anybody..heeeeeellllloooo....

.... well holy fuck balls!!! isnt this cool feature now !!(sorry nerding out)

Ok so unless i add your user as my contact, you cant see my picts as it is a (private album).........this is wicked cool!!!!!!!! outta site.. outta mind.......lol shit!!! that's so neat and niffty! So this will be the first private party!!

Ive added all you guys.. you should be able to see the graphics. let me know if not..

Last edited:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Hahahaha... welll shiiiiitz.. I pulled a newbie mistake there guys!! lol.... Oops!! my bad ...my bad...lol....

I seriously had no idea you couldn't see the pictures!!! sorry homeies! Thanks bendoslendo!! Now i get it.... lol fuck........!!!

OK DO YOU SEE THE PICS????

somebody... anybody..heeeeeellllloooo....

.... well holy fuck balls!!! isnt this cool feature now !!(sorry nerding out)

Ok so unless i add your user as my contact, you cant see my picts as it is a (private album).........this is wicked cool!!!!!!!! outta site.. outta mind.......lol shit!!! that's so neat and niffty! So this will be the first private party!!

Ive added all you guys.. you should be able to see the graphics. let me know if not..

I can see the photos now, but I still think the wife at Disney is the hottest photo.

Time to watch these ladies grow up!

:joint:

Last edited:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
In line pumps work great for draining the system. Throw one end of the hose into the system, the other end into the toilet, plug in pump res drained really fast.

Want to add nutes back to system? Use 44gal Brute trashcan, fill with 35gal of water, mix nutes. Transfer nutes to system using the same in-line pump.

This is a much better system than what you described ;)

Around here these pumps are found in a couple of different locations (pool/garden) and industrial (sump pumps, sewage pumps, etc.). Fish stores also carry pumps for aquariums and the like. Some people keep 200 gal salt water tanks, what a pain that must be to change.

:joint: