What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

heath robinson

Great work as ever Heath, just a couple of Qs...

"Ionic at an EC of 1.2" Why Ionic and why only 1.2 ?
I always thought the Optimum/Europonic 2 parters were better, and for us in the Thames Valley, Optimum did not need pH-, the buffering was spot on. Is the 1.2. maybe because Hydroton can lock up if you feed it more like NFT levels 1.8 to 2.2 ?

Your light placement, they are not stacked, so "in theory" most people would be looking at stacking 2 or 3 on top of each other, yet you get top results with just one light at each point. I guess you found out it was wasted and that just 1x per site works perfectly, even with 5ft plants ?

Thanks for showing us what you are up to, I think I was lucky enough to get some of your Chiesel at the 420, [Seeds of yours, entered by another member] ... did not realise it was made with Sour D, very nice ;)

ChaosCatalunya Ionic because it is a simple 1 part nutrient which is very ph stable, but it could have easily been Canna or Vitalink as I use them also.

I flower all my plants at an EC of 1.2 regardless of system its a waste of nutrients to feed at higher levels if the plant doesn't need it. In grow they ar at an EC of 1.2.

Stacked lights can work well if they are stacked between the plants, I often use stacked lights in my vertical grows.

I try and make my rooms as efficient as I can, my goal isn't to just grow the heaviest plant possible by surrounding it with lots of lights (as some do) but to get the most yield I can from the least amount of light. one of the benefits of this approach is the rooms run cooler which in turn means i don't need to run AC units or chillers.

I just realised it was you who smoked the chiesel! I hope you liked it, the following pics are of the exact cutting you smoked. ;)

Hi weedobix there have been quite a few good smoke reports done on the Chiesel I will try dig a few out for you.

Technique I usually chop and change my grow styles, I like to go from one system to the next eg soon I will be running an aeroflo. So to answer your question not running a vert at the moment but could do if I can get hold of a Volksgarden or similar or I might just make one! lol

Hi TacomaComa i will know in the next day or two as i am still drying the bud at the moment.

thanks philmb I am glad I have been some help in the past. Its amazing how heavy some growers feed their plants, A lot of the blame is the nutrient manufacturers pushing you to use their nutrients at a high EC obviously high nutrient concentrations = more nutrients used = more profits for the manufacturers.

Ok these last pics bring us bang up to date.

chiesel transplanted into flower room
picture.php

one week into 12/12
picture.php

picture.php

two weeks of 12/12.
picture.php

T

Teeg420

Damn no way Heath MotherF*cking Robinson! Your nft grow rooms were very inspirational!

Glad you decided to post on the icmag one of the best weed forums to date. Damn you cease to impress, just when you think your getting good, heath has to come by and push the envelope for gpw!

Dutch Aln

Cheezus!!-Great to see you here Heath
Just smoldering some of those Vikings ya got to me:)
Lovin` the show-keep em comin`
All the best,
Aln.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hi SumDumGuy, I have done quite a few vertical grows now so the strains I use are the Viking which is an old Positronic strain no longer available. or my V3 which is NLxG13/W.

Hi Heath Robinson,
First off I just wanted to say thank you again for the beautiful pictures as well as to your reply to my question. Honestly you have a very special talent or better yet a gift. Is that V3 strain available out on the web or there a way I can get my hands on it? Where is it from or is proprietary to you? That's some seriously good stuff..

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
ChaosCatalunya Ionic because it is a simple 1 part nutrient which is very ph stable, but it could have easily been Canna or Vitalink as I use them also.

I flower all my plants at an EC of 1.2 regardless of system its a waste of nutrients to feed at higher levels if the plant doesn't need it. In grow they ar at an EC of 1.2.

Stacked lights can work well if they are stacked between the plants, I often use stacked lights in my vertical grows.

I try and make my rooms as efficient as I can, my goal isn't to just grow the heaviest plant possible by surrounding it with lots of lights (as some do) but to get the most yield I can from the least amount of light. one of the benefits of this approach is the rooms run cooler which in turn means i don't need to run AC units or chillers.

I just realised it was you who smoked the chiesel! I hope you liked it, the following pics are of the exact cutting you smoked. ;)

Thanks for the reply Heath, very interesting info on brands and EC. :)

The height of the grow compared to the solo vert bulbs was what I wondered about, you clearly got a tall plant yielding solid bud from top to bottom, it made me think about finishing off some of my outdoor plants inside like this,if needed. Likewise, with indoor grows, maybe some vert grows are using too many bulbs stacked up, also adding to the frequent heat and burning problems.

The Chiesel was lovely, many thanks to all concerned, a top smoke at the cup and a friend really loved a bit they tried recently over there, a top drawer smoke.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you always did love growing crazy ass trees, i always loved watching you do it.

did you already post how many watts those lamps are?

beautiful trees man, what a way to jump back into things...

:wave:

local

I've followed your grows on other forums as well. I'm glad you decided to hang at ic for awhile. I'm also curious about your response to ChaosCatalunya's question about the stacked lights or lack of stacked light. It's amazing that you get that kind of growth from 800? watts. Do you veg under HID or HPS? sorry if I missed that somewhere.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
W'sup Heath, good to see you bro! The bag full of black rose looks great... Nice colours going on in there. I must say these are 2 stellar strains mate, the cheese x SD has my 2 favourites in it and I never grown any 'UK purps' before, havent done any 'purps' in general actually.

Nice to see you about, doing great things as usual :)

HashishinReidi

Its good to see you here m8. welcome to ic , have missed seeing your kate bushes.
top looking buds ,looks like a nice cross.

Take it easy m8 and stay safe.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Much respect Heath, your grows continue to be stuff of legends. I think I use about 4X the wattage to get the same yields as you! Just goes to show you there's always someone better, and something new to learn.

glad to see you here heath...love ya grows and skills!! the v3 is truely something! and love to try the cheiseil ..i didnt know weed/buds could grow that big! hope you stick around

cyat

Veteran
Heath,
How do you irrigate and how often?I was also wondering about your veg time and I imagine you topped them a lot since they were grown from seed?Glad to see your journal, much respect!

Technique

Hello again Heath, sorry to hyjak..

one more question regarding that vertical system you built, the pipe and bends used for the system... i am having trouble finding stuff here in Australia with push together joints and the rubber o rings.. what kinda of pipe should i be looking for? looking to to get two 600w 6 level systems going..

loving these trees also!! keep up the good work!

joedub

wow, nice looking plants, all the nugs look pretty developed and full. Chiesel sounds really good, I pretty much love anything w/ some Sour Diesel flavor in it, mouth watering flavor! are they grown w/ just the 1 part nute and no additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts