What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Krunchbubble's Doubleds MPB buckets....

SkizOflan

Krunch,

Hey brotha i've been watching your work for a while and am seriously impressed with your dedication and style. Much respect..

I can relate to your experience as one of my first grows (OG kush) was with a 26-site bio bucket setup that went awry in week 5, costing me over 60% of my crop! In a matter of 12-24hrs the fusarium hit hard and the affected plants just wilted away. I was running a 1/2hp chiller with black-painted 5-gal buckets, everything sealed off w/no light leaks, air stones in every bucket, all the works etc. but still I was invaded in the blink of an eye.

These systems can take a lot to maintain, and even still you can get fucked in the ass.. just take it in stride and treat your garden as a surgeon would his operating room. That's some of the best advice you're gonna get anywhere - you need to literally treat your DWC grow room as if there's a bunch of sick, dying cancer patients lying around. Cleanliness is next to godliness, and you must apply this rule to your DWC gardens religiously. Just ask yourself when you step into your garden, would i feel ok about having several dying cancer patients wheeled into this room on stretchers to live the next two months of their lives? Would my environment preserve their health and be suitable for their medical condition..?

I don't know if you've ever visited or worked in a professional research laboratory, but I do and let me tell you we maintain strict protocols for a reason - contamination kills. All it takes is one person not wearing gloves for a second or not tying back his/her hair etc. for an entire project to turn into a failure. Yes, this means you will have to develop a better and stronger strategy when it comes to the rooms you are using for DWC. And no, it will not be easy getting used to, but once you do you will not only feel like a pro but you will have created a truly sterile, truly 'medical' grow op.

You are clearly on the right path and I know that your plants didn't die because you failed to tie your hair back, but the point of my post is to remind you that you're not dealing with individual plants anymore - you must approach your DWC as a 'System' in that what affects one will inevitably affect them all. I encourage you to revisit your garden protocols and tighten up or redraft the strategy that you apply in your DWC room(s). It will be up to you to decide if the extra time and hassle is worth it, but it becomes second nature after a while. This seems to be the biggest mistake that most people are making - in DWC there is no buffer for cutting corners.

Best of luck to you in the future, and i'll be hanging around to see how things develop ;)

down2grow

awesome setup krunch as always. 2 questions what r u using for stink removal. 2nd in one of yor other setups u use 10inch airboxes do u like those better than can filters. jus bought one and its super light compared to can filters cant wait to c final ##s

I don’t know if your still around Krunch, but what did you think of the airbox filters? Thinking of slapping one of these at the end of my ducting before it exits the house since me and some of my friends are having a smell issue lately.

D2G

Latest posts

Latest posts