What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How variable is quality of distillate sold in CO dispensaries?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Just trying to do some comparative shopping, and I'm noticing that prices of distillate seem to vary quite wildly. I'm seeing it average anywhere from $15 per gram to $30 per gram. What's with the price differences? Is it quality? I mean, that's my guess. But isn't distillate fairly pure? So shouldn't it be in the +90% range, depending on terps? What else could account for the price differences?

I always thought of distillate as being something that doesn't particularly vary in quality. I thought that the nature of its manufacturing process didn't really lend itself to having different grades or levels of quality. Was I wrong about that?

I just want to buy some really pure distillate so that I can try making my own edibles with relatively guaranteed dosage levels, and if there's no difference in quality between products, I'mma go for the cheaper stuff.

:tiphat:

X

xavier7995

I would go with the cheaper one. Prices on stuff arent always indicative of quality. Just picked up some co2 carts for a buddy and i found similar price disparities. Pat pen brand carts for the win. Marketing is a pretty big driver of price as is the pricing philosophy of the dispensary.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$40-$60/g in the 4 corners as of a few months ago.
I haven't been to a dispensary recently.