What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

esbe's lines

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High all!

Esbe is one of the finest northern grower i've seen. I've always beem amazed with his work in latitudes where i believed it'd impossible to finish good ganja.

Not only an inspiration as a grower, a very kind and friendly person, i was very motivated to try some of his very fast flowering lines here in the hot warm mediterranean coast.

First line im trying is the leb27, an old lebanese adapted to cold danish climate for 30 years. Im sure some are familirized with her ;) She's very early flowering and finishes with impressive dark colours at mid september even under the coldest condtions.

All esbe's lines were started at late May. Lebanese started showing slighty fat robust leaves, but after some weeks the growing is very sativa but columnar: thin leaf, very vigorous growing and long nodes. She remembers me a lot moroccan, egyptian and of course original lebanese plants.

Males sexed and started to flower after only 4-5 nodes (aprox 2 weeks of life), very impressed, females keep growing vigorously enjoying a lot the sun, wind and cares. 40 days after germination, the untopped lebanese reaches almost 1,70 meters of height, the topped one is growing with better structure, more manageable. I have also moved a few leb plants between good friends ;)

Im not sure if she's auto flowering (maybe esbe can comment more about it), but females have been flowering for only a few days, showing lot of pistils after summer solstice.

Lebanese 1 early july, aprox 40-45 days from seed, starting to flower, .

Topped lebanese, started at the same time than her sister.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Second one is Erdbeer Purpurea.

Im sure esbe can give more details about her genetic background but i think Erdbeer is a an afghani dominant clone selected in a swiss squat, purpurea ticinensis cames from Owl's, also swiss indica genetics, crossed and then reproduced by esbe in Denmark a few generations.

Here are 2 Erdbeer Purpurea females, started at the same time than lebanese, 40-45 days from seed, showing pre flowers in early july here but not flowering seriously like leb27. Very beautiful afghani plants, dont need much water.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Third esbe's strain im testing is Danish Passion.

Here's a danish passion female showing lot of sativa influence, nothing i'd expect. Beautiful and elegant columnar plant.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice dubi :yes:
I started 5 Leb 27.All germinated.3 males and 2 females,which I consider normal starting with 5 beans :D
I agree with dubi..good report
Ah! they aro not dissimilar with the La Bekaa plants from the same grow :D
Here´s one of the girls:

B

bonecarver_OG

awesome :D im looking forward to try esbes genetics someday :D his work is really interesting :D!!

G

I have 6 Leb27 beans in towels now along with some landrace afghanis and some egyptian landrace I put in cups of coco yesterday. I am going to add some nepali to the mix too, I'm very interested in sativas like the Leb that will finish up north (I'm at 53N).

Esbe is a great guy, and he should be very proud to see dubi testing his work.

G

hi all, esbes outdoor seeds are the best i have tried in years. the erd/purt leb 27 and danish passion are all incredibly early for 55 north. :joint:

G

ive got some of esbe's stuff here, some leb27 and erdbeer x early durban. i'll be doing some leb27 indoors in the near future, time for a seed run. :D cant wait to see the flowers you all get, should be great considering what ive already seen from esbe and paddi.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome all! :wave:

Raco friend, im glad to see you are also testing leb27. Are you going to grow her indoors? Im very curious to know how she finishes under artificial light and if she's auto flowering or not. It would be very interesting to compare leb27 with Grassman's lebanese.

bonecarver, i hope we can meet in autumm and test esbe's lines after some curing :rasta: They are starting to flower very fast so i expect they will be the first plants to finish this season.

PeavillePride, thanks for the warm words. Good vibes!

British_Hempire, good to hear you are popping some leb27 as we speak! It would be very interesting to grow egyptians at the same time than lebanese.
And yes, i feel very happy that esbe shared his fine genetics with us. Good luck with your grow!

jingles, it's great to hear your positive first hand experience with esbe's lines. Your opinion is very apreciated. Thanks!

High&Lonesome, im glad to hear you are also thinking to start leb27 outdoors. My second leb batch were germinated in June, close to summer solstice, this batch of lebanese started to flower too soon, producing small plants. If you wanna get big outdoor leb i'd recommend you save seeds for next year and start them in April-May. If you prefer small leb plants you can perfectly start them now in July.

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

hehe dubi :D i had a small chat with esbe - and we are going to do some kind of seed exchange later this season - aparantly he got a whole lot of interesting things going on :D i hope some of my crosses will work up there.. lets see next year maybe :D

hehe it would be great to go over for a visit :D

keep posting pics :D its going to be AWESOME to have a sneak preview of how they can get down here :D im expecting EXTREME resin content in his work, and with the LORENZO we got down here.. i bet it will get very interesting indeed! :D

peace!

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
always welcome bone bro and i look forward to try some of your exiting beans! and yes, you bet im proud that dubi and raco bro and many others great growers put so much interest in these genetics! some of my heros are becoming my good friends, im so happy! who could imagine this would have happend without the net, i grew alone and with a few other canna friends since 1980.

i call leb27 a semi auto flowering plant. i consider it pretty well documentad both here in denmark and around. indoor it often autos and i wouldnt recomend doing it indoor. its a dedicated outdoor plant. i have been folowing it in many countrys now, finland, britain, italy, holland and many other places around and its been doing fine everywhere. it seems that it flower a bit earlier the more south you go. here in denmark it also flowers pretty early, but its flowering time is pretty long if you want the black\purple speciments that are so nice for hash making. mine and ppls general views on leb27s strength is that its middel potent with a nice taste. high is of cause different if you harvest them early or late. most of the plants ends at aroound 2 meter here, but i had plants going to 3½ meter to. leb27 has been grown here for more than 30 years, suppose some hippis brought it back from a trip way back as so many others did here. its been sold many years on christiania.

almost every little town in denmark has their own local ganja strain thanks to the travelers in the 60 and 70ties. we have a local seedbank that tries to collect as many of those as possible for preservation and development.

leb27 late plants
8344leb276.jpg

8344leb275.jpg

8344leb273.jpg

8344leb272.jpg

8344leb27.jpg

shure you can find many more pix and grow threads around here and on pg and other places. paddi had a nice monster lats season.

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
erdpurt or erdbeer x purpurea ticinensis is swiss guy knospe original cross. erdbeer has a funny story:

"the Erdbeer is an industrial strain bread to flower quickly be moldresistant and machine harvestable ( hance the literaly rock hard buds ). It is said to be bread as a school project at a swiss university to create the perfect swiss industrial ganja. Some seeds somehow got lost."
i first came across this strain in 1999, ever since it was always available as clone only,
i was very impressed about their perormance, tried to gather info from the guys who sold the clones. nobody could tell me anything precise about the lineage or breeder.
there remains 1 most stubborn rumor that a hempfreak living with many squatters in a big factorycomplex in zürich, made the original seeds. probably it was never his intention to sell seeds. the squat was shot down by the police. erdbeer was available at a few cloneproducers in the züricharea. erdbeer slowly spread troughout all switzerland beeing available at most hempshops, as clone & dried flower.

"in 2001 i grew a few 100 erdbeers, 1 of them grew out a single male branch pollinating the "freakhermie" and a few other erdbeers. i was lucky enough to harvest these seeds. from these i started my erdbeer crossings.
in 2003 i was testing several diff strains, also planted alot of those "erdbeer#erdbeer"
, they performed way better than the original clone. there was some slight variation, but in general very uniform and no hermies. the very best ones "erdbeer#erdbeer" from seed i pollinated with 3 diff males: purpurea, liztiskunk1 and 2.
(btw, the same purpurea male was used in the same year for magic bud#purp.)

with all crosses i made with original erdbeers, i noticed that the erdbeer genes are very dominant. erdbeer is a small round bush with rockhardnuggets."

it won several swiss competitions over the years. purpurea ticinensis is felix from owls productions creation. it has a funny little story to:

"This plant has been selectively cultivated and bred by Felix of Owl Productions since 1988. He acquired the parental stock back then from some old Swiss German ladies in a mountain village that had grown it in their gardens for decades decoratively (so they say). Felix was amazed at the seeds performance. A very early strain in that all are finished by the middle of September. The plants all exhibit extremely purple branches with green/purple buds. It is the most acclimatized Swiss strain that Breeder Steve ran into, "fantastic commercial outdoor" he says. It is a very hardy plant"

i know pt is felix and knospes favorite breeder plant. i tried the pure erdbeer here but it was unfortunally to late so i tried the cross with pt and became very happy with it. its colours are elexent from red to black and silver and the smoked is good and heavy indica with earth and forest taste. many of the new crosses i did with it are showing big erdpurt dominans and i hope some of them will be bigger yielders than erdpurt itsself.

erdpurt
8344erdbeerxpupureat0210052xp.jpg

8344erdbeerxpupureat25090536cf.jpg

8344erdbeerxpupureat26090540lu.jpg

8344erdbeerxpurpureatmale0409052xi.jpg

8344erdbeerxpurpureatmale070905912.jpg

8344erdbeerxpurpureatmother0410052.jpg

8344erdbeerxpurpureatmother0410056.jpg

8344erdbeerxpurpureatmother2709052.jpg

8344erdbeerxpupureat0210052xp.jpg

8344erdbeerxpupureat25090536cf.jpg

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
not many pix of my pure purpurea ticinensis but is is one that is pretty pt typical
8344purpureat1410056pz.jpg

erdpurt veggin
8344erdpurtmale230806jpg1ar7.jpg

erdpurt male
8344erdpurtmale180906lt0.jpg

B

bonecarver_OG

Thank u very much esben!! pure eye candy!!!

also its really great to get the info u just posted :D incredible story of the erdbeer! :D

peace bro!

G

Some amazing plants as always from esbe. The colourful male is amazing, I love the cola shot from above showing the tight deep purple head.

Latest posts

Latest posts