What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump allowing states to decide cannabis laws and will provide banking access

cryptop

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/trump-to-support-major-marijuana-legislation/

“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana,” U.S. Sen. Cory Gardner (D-CO) said in a statement. “Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry. Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all.”

In a briefing with reporters on Friday afternoon, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed the development, calling Gardner’s statement “accurate.”

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Yeah but still...when the bombs drop isnt this the last thing to say, as your skins falling off at least laws for meds were state governed.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It does seem big

It does seem big

I could care less if he just uses at a distraction at this point as long as progress is made before he goes. It will be funny to see the democrats on his side on this one issue. I just hope to survive this shit show at this point.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
seeing Big Money companies delivering 99 dollar oz's in the bay area...

HUGE MONEY POURING IN TO LEGAL CANNABIS STATES.

cyrpto currency in play....

How much will federal tax be when legal?

cryptop

seeing Big Money companies delivering 99 dollar oz's in the bay area...

HUGE MONEY POURING IN TO LEGAL CANNABIS STATES.

cyrpto currency in play....

How much will federal tax be when legal?

Yup, this is what I thought of when seeing the story. Undoubtedly we will see big money start to complain about small scale producers in the market, and the "need" for increased regulation and a higher barrier to entry.

And with the fed green light given, RJReynolds/etc do not have to make shell companies to conceal their ownership stake in the industry anymore.

dddaver

Veteran
Yuh right. Whatever. Still would be illegal federally.

And even though MMJ was passed by a landslide vote in Florida 2 years ago, its meaningless. No smoking, no growing.

Crap oil with additives might be had for big bucks. Somewhere. Not anywhere near me.

Help the sick? Bullshit! I don't believe a word any politician says. Seriously.

oldchuck

Veteran
It seems impossible to me that anyone would believe or trust anything Trump says. Yet so many still do.

igrowone

Veteran
It seems impossible to me that anyone would believe or trust anything Trump says. Yet so many still do.

ditto, i'd say he's the proverbial pathological liar
that said, he seems to be fatal for the republicans that work with him
his touch is death

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DJT, being the Flim Flam Man, I'm not so sure I believe what he says. Time will tell....

Easy7

Veteran
Everything gets ugly when political.

Why not remove the threat of federal charges than pussy foot around? Feds still have made cases. It's not like there have been zero mj federal cases since Obama. Maybe not total crackdown, yet still cases.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I could care less if he just uses at a distraction at this point as long as progress is made before he goes.

any port in a storm. would not surprise me one bit if Putin & Trumpski
set this whole deal up to make Trump look "tough" to his fawning acolytes by killing a few Syrians while Putin did exactly squat...the fix is in. JMHO :moon:

CaptainDankness

ditto, i'd say he's the proverbial pathological liar
that said, he seems to be fatal for the republicans that work with him
his touch is death

For real, he's making the right look like the leftist warmongerers. Hillary Clinton promised to invade Iran now looks like Trump will be doing that and possibly cause WW3 though Obama basically had us in WW3 anyway.

Ready4

Veteran
George Washington : " I can not tell a lie !"
d.j. tRump : " I can not tell a truth ! Fake news !"
lol

As long as shitface sessions is the attorney general I don't think any of us are safe no matter which state you're in. I wouldn't put much faith in any promise made by the flip flopper in chief either. He can't even stay firm on what his name is it's usually Donald Trump but at other times he's gone by David Dennison, John barron, John Miller and there's probably many others. Starting to wonder if the dude is schizophrenic among other things....and there are many other things that I can assure you. And while I'm at it what's up with the constant referring to himself in the third person? When he does it only makes it look more likely that he's not alone in that orange colored body.

Last edited:
We need to form a political group for Grower's Rights. We can start with saying that, by legalizing cannabis with the same regulations as tomatoes, we'd solve the problem of climate change by government funded projects to develop numerous North American landrace strains to scrub the carbon gas. Imagine a world where OG Kush is a landrace of Yosemite. Imagine walking into Thunderfuck Park. That's powerful.
:peacock:
Fuck them. Trump won't help us and the democrats won't legalize because then they wouldn't continue to get all the stoner votes once it was done with. We must do it ourselves.

Has anyone considered this, the design and setting up of the us political system was always meant to keep us separated and divided. It has been said that a house divided against itself cannot stand.

As political parties we are all so caught up in the partisan bickering we are really missing what is really going on behind the smoke and mirrors and who truly are the ones pulling the strings in wa dc. Our representative government long ago stopped giving 2 shyts about we the people and only truly have corporate interests that they legislate and take care of.

Our political system anymore is nothing but "Bread and Circus " homeys.......

A system designed to fail. Keep em fighting and hating and bickering and no one will notice what a corrupt bunch of asshats we are while making it look like they really care about the working man......

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Did you ever know someone who constantly lied and even stacked them one lie on top of another?