What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Lounge : Growers Round Table Discussion Thread

jidoka

6F649F0C-DD1A-4A0B-817D-CC256F47CD06.jpg

So a pic of a plant I posted earlier. This one kinda sucks cause hard to take when everything has hedged out.

Should finish at Halloween. Organic soil with kinda close to Slow ratios + custom hydro feeds

I have left some on the table cause I have no clue how hard they can be pressed when balanced right. But anyways semi proud of this run

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damned Orchard Ladder

Damned Orchard Ladder

Aug 25, imagine...

Attachments

• laytonville aug 25 2018.jpg
    laytonville aug 25 2018.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 15
View attachment 469643

So a pic of a plant I posted earlier. This one kinda sucks cause hard to take when everything has hedged out.

Should finish at Halloween. Organic soil with kinda close to Slow ratios + custom hydro feeds

I have left some on the table cause I have no clue how hard they can be pressed when balanced right. But anyways semi proud of this run
Dam! :tiphat:
Aug 25, imagine...

Gotta get a harvest picture of this one. :tiphat:

growingcrazy

Slow, those look to be ~1500 gallon containers? That is big...

Anyone pushing plant growth outside the diameter of the container or is the container diameter the limiting factor in plant diameter?

The same clone grown in a 50, 200 and in the ground react very differently in growth habits.

jidoka

I am in 200s pushing up to 12 x 12. I will try to get a pic when other stuff is out of the way. Obviously custom hydro solubles are playing a big part...brewing is too much work for me

jidoka

There was a little bit of that. But I am also on my second bag of MAP, some k2so4 and some boric acid a hair late. And these bitches only want more. And low biuret urea foliared vs aminos. Lots of fulvic to hold onto P.

I am not much for dogma. I say look at the numbers and react. Organic base plus spoon feed soluble for the win imo

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I've always been skeptical of urea because of instability. Seems you're kicking ass with it. Have you ever experienced issues with it or had to temper it with something else besides the fulvics?

jidoka

It has to be low biuret...custom hydro. Foliar only (cheaper than amino) and it goes directly in as an amine saving that high energy nitrate —> amine step

1D74FC41-A391-4D2B-8F70-2FE8D473A7A1.jpg

7.5 weeks, 1.5 to go. Nuthing but custom hydro

jidoka

Moving the Mg lower from that. Rest is the same. They would appreciate me not being me at this point. Change is going to be slow and safe

But not to worry I got another one lined up to take a leap of faith with me

Edit...anyways if I have me Mulder (or nova crop) interactions figured out less Mg means more Ca to the tissue even though I already have plenty. It also means I have less need for nitrate. Conveniently enough I will be able lower cano3. Then, with the new formula more balanced I will be able to push harder

What could go wrong

growingcrazy

From my perspective... If your having problems moving Ca @ 40ppm of Mg then something else is limiting growth and the resulting higher need for Mg.

If you can't induce a Mg and K def. by spraying biomin at higher rates then both of those elements were already too high in tissue.

In saying that...this is all through observation and no tissue analysis...Im sure you are way ahead of that curve and will correct me...

jidoka

So wtf...K tissue analysis is 2.5% top and bottom leaf. So K is on point. Ca is 8 or 9%. Mg is at 0.5 top and .75-1 bottom...a clear indication Mg is too high.

When I lower Mg enough both Ca and non chlorophyll N will increase in the tissue analysis. Any non protein N is nothing but trouble

When I lower that N it will be replaced by P in the tissue.

That will shift my hormone balance toward more cytokinins and less auxin. That should give me less stretch and denser flower

All driven by data from tissue analysis