What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make a cloner for FREE. (step by step) + clone diary

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
I dont think clayballs will work, they dont hold much moisture. Try something like builders sand, rockwool cubes, vermiculite, peat moss or coco peat.

Flowering phase is totally up to you. If youre doing a sog, you can flower them in as little as one or two weeks.

*note you dont need to keep them under 24/0, 18/6 works just as fine.

green_grow

Veteran
this is great stuff . never cloned before; been practising with some yard cuttings in open clay pots and stim-root but they all look dead or dying . this should take me to the next level . thanks !

G

Hay there pontiac....

I stumbled across this thread this morning and had to smile a bit....

The OOglebird cloner was mine...

I used it for years... as you probably know it works well....

Thanks for doing the thread...

Recently I gave it up though and now am using a new method....

I have a thread labeled

World class cloner new at Walmart....

stop by you may like it better too.....

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=42847

Last edited:

WARDONE

hey pontiac is dip and grow similar to ""CLoNeX PuRple"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
i hate cloning i never get it right but i want to asap
please help me buddy
wardone

YO im trying this set up today now i just have a few questions... umm for growing medium i cant get rockwell so imma use sponge now i put the cuttings actually in the sponge but then how does the cutting get water from the wick ? help me.i dont want to take the time to do theses cuttings and not do it right.

chosen

Veteran
I'd use perlite or a perlite/vermiculite mix. If you can't get rockwool, it doesn't matter. I like pure perlite anyway.

Shady Smoka

So, you basically build this and leave it alone for a week or so? Thats perfect b/c I'm going on holiday for a week. And can I use hydroton for the medium? Or rockwool cubes (maybe cut up into little pieces)?

Thanks,
SHADY SMOKA :joint:

greenbox

Hi Folks:tiphat:
Cool way of cloning i guess you just fill and forget about it for days? lol
Well myself i just use clonex and some root rot cubes or some foam in which i place my cutting. A good spray to keep them moist and off into a propagator, which is put under t5 x4 light next the last lot of cuttings. I get 100% success with roots growing throw the cubes any where from 5 days to 10 days.
Sponsered by Coke lol

Stay Safe, And Take Care... "it's a jungle out there":wave:

Attachments

• 100_3863.jpg
    100_3863.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 15