What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Purple Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thought I would just start a new thread to document this grow. Here are the seedlings, now spending their days and nights outside. Night time temps are cool (5 deg. C) but seems to have no ill effect so far. Since these will be forced immediately into flower, I'm curious how long it will be before they sex. I would be thrilled with a boy and a girl.

A little bit of crinkle in the second plant. Think it will straighten out in the next sets of leaves. Good strong sun the last few days, so I expect if that continues, we will see some good growth over the next few weeks.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for start a new diary UHN! :) This time with the purple haze thai.

You already have grown and finished correctly oldtimer's haze so you ll find the purple haze thai a bit easier to grow. They mature 3 weeks faster than pure oldtimer's haze and the yield is bigger than pure haze. They are very purple haze dominant plants, i love this hybrid and i think all the purple haze lovers will enjoy her a lot.

Im already harvesting F3 purple haze thai seeds (different phenos) and im very excited with the breeding progresses of this hybrid. It shows all the best purple haze traits (colors, aroma and high) but in a stronger way (thanks to the hybrid vigour).

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Thanks for start a new diary UHN! :) This time with the purple haze thai.

You already have grown and finished correctly oldtimer's haze so you ll find the purple haze thai a bit easier to grow. They mature 3 weeks faster than pure oldtimer's haze and the yield is bigger than pure haze. They are very purple haze dominant plants, i love this hybrid and i think all the purple haze lovers will enjoy her a lot.

Im already harvesting F3 purple haze thai seeds (different phenos) and im very excited with the breeding progresses of this hybrid. It shows all the best purple haze traits (colors, aroma and high) but in a stronger way (thanks to the hybrid vigour).

Thanks Dubi,

You know I am a lover of these Ace old School genetics. Can't wait for the new line of Purple Haze x Thai. I have experience the Old Timer's Haze and can say that it is a beautiful plant. The vigor when crossed with Meao Thai will be beautiful, I'm sure.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Mtn. Nectar, try them...I think you will be very happy.

Dubi, you mention F3's with different phenos. Can you tell me about the specific phenos used?

After several cold and rainy days, a little sunshine...

Top two are the purple haze x thai, bottom two Mod Mist of Destruction.

PH x T #1

PH x T #2

They both have a tinge of purple on the new leaf sets...

#2 leaves look a bit like my old Senor Garcia with the Purple Thai in her. Slight crinkle leaf...

Senor Garcia from seed.

Hoping for sunny days ahead...

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Some shots just before the holidays. Has finally been nice and with sunshine. Moving the cups around the plot, 5 or so hours of direct light.

P. Haze x Thais in front

PHazeT1

PHazeT2

Both are twisted leaves, maybe from rich organic potting soil. PHaze2 has asymmetric shape for sure.

Happy Holidays!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello UHN and happy new year!

Looks like a good start :) hope you have soon more to choose from! heheheheh

The purple haze thai version available till now was the original F1 hybrid i described in my previous post. The fresh stock available now is F3 generation, selected from very purple haze dominant mums. Honestly, we are finding and breeding for stronger purple haze expressions in the purple haze thai hybrid than in the 'straight' oldtimer's haze line. Both sativas have been successfully reproduced this season from seed and clones.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Dubi,

Looking forward to the new Old Timer's and Haze x Thai seeds (wink). I'm hoping to see many grows over the next year or two.

Here are my F1 Purple Haze x Thai's soaking up some sunshine today.

Neither is sexed, though #1 is stretching more than #2 right now. Both are scented citrus, spice and wood. Delicious!!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Nice hard rains yesterday, but today is sunny and blue skys...

A garden visitor enjoying winter pollen.

What is current. MOD Bx1 Left and Ace Old Timer's x Thai middle and right. I culled the other MOD as it pre-sexed male. None of these have shown, but I'm leaning towards at least one female of each...

#1 P. Haze x Thai

Both just as lovely as could be. Citrusy spicey delicious scents.

Salud,

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Looking 'cute' and healthy! Thanks for the update :)

My pleasure, Dubi. I have sexed the Mist of Destruction (MOD Bx1). One male (culled) and one female. The Purple Haze x Thai are still not showing pistils, though I'm inclined to think they may both be females. I'll update with new pictures next week. Have a great weekend, Ace lovers!!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
We have been enjoying very mild and sunny skies the past few days and the plants are enjoying the chance to stretch their legs.

Here is a group shot with MOD Bx1 in front and the two Haze x Thais in the back.

They both look to be female. Not 100%, but I'm pretty confident at this stage.

Here's #1

I see preflowers and maybe a pistil peeking out. Nearly 100% sure this one is female.

Looks like female preflowers, but no pistils. A little less sure, but still think it's going to be a girl!

So far, they are both pretty uniform in appearance. No real side branching yet. Aroma's on the stem are very similar as well.

Compared to the MOD Bx1, they are stretching quite a bit. I expected more of that from MOD given its strong sativa lineage (Kali Mist and Meao Thai). It definitely looks like some indica sneaking in there as well. Much more skunk/garlic smell to its stem where the haze x thais are fruity, metallic and bright.

Cheers,

S

sativagrower87

Those thai hazes definitely got more vigor compared to mod :)
...where the haze x thais are fruity, metallic and bright.
Must be something really special :yummy: lets see how it`ll change in future :dance013:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Those thai hazes definitely got more vigor compared to mod :)

Must be something really special :yummy: lets see how it`ll change in future :dance013:

Way more vigor, sg87! The Mod is a backcross and is supposed to be heavy sativa influence. We will see how it does compared to these beauties from Ace. This Purple Haze x Thai is old F1 seed stock, I believe. I'm looking forward to running the newer stock soon to compare. I think Dubi and Ace have got this one to to the point in the newest release (out soon, I hope) where it is as close to an old school purple haze as one is likely to find these days.

Thanks for the comments, friends!

G

guest121295

You're quite fortunate to live in a climate where you can put plants outside in the winter! The only thing growing here is the grass due to a "warm" winter.The plants look great so far.I'm about to go check my VB/Thais, maybe they've shown sex today.Good luck with the outdoor and may the sun shine brightly overhead!

kamyo

Veteran
Definitely watching this one UHN. Been trying to decide on what to pick up from Ace for the rainy season and this is one I'm seriously thinking about. In fact, I think it's already in my SB shopping cart. They look beautiful. Good luck with those girls.