What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger and Malawi vertical grow

Hoots

Two nights ago the first GT came out. Youngest of them all having 2 weeks less veg and almost finished at 14 wks.
picture.php

picture.php

She made tight gnurly buds, scrogged lovely. The most fragrant of all the plants, musky heady wafts of perfume came off her whenever I got near. Very frisky and got very over excited while being pollinated erupting in clouds of aroma.

So sticky:dance013:
picture.php

Needed another week but the strain of the powercut in late flowering got to her (or she really needed the pollen, dirrrrty girl!) so out she came.
picture.php

Only a couple showing. Would run her again if she smokes nice but probably won't use the seeds she made.

picture.php

And there is more,

Hoots

And then last night out came the early Golden Tiger and the final Malawi.

Golden tiger first,
picture.php

picture.php

Had the earliest vigour and like the second malawi got slightly bigger pots earlier than the rest. GT5 was always a few weeks ahead of the others and sat under the 600w for the whole grow. Struggled most with her to keep her happy with feed so I think alot more could have come from her.

picture.php

RESIN:jump:
picture.php

Not much smell from her growing but once handled the flowers have a wonderfully strong subtle sweetness to them. I had to stick my nose in each bud as I trimmed.
picture.php

Malawi next.......

U

unthing

yummy looking panama, golden tiger and malawi too!, which is surprisingly chunky for those genes(i mean golden tiger)
too bad about the nanner, hopefully only one.

Last edited:

Hoots

AAaaaahhh.... my African Queen,

picture.php

Full of life and vigour from the start, very branchy and in the end just blossomed!
picture.php

Gorgeous,
picture.php

White with resin,
picture.php

Every bud's a beauty,
picture.php

Happiness is,
picture.php

:wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High Hoots,

Im glad you are happy with the malawi early smoke test ;) Very happy to see your sativas so greatly finished, i think you have truelly understand the feeling and philosophy of growing true sativas indoors. I can only congrat for your grow and thank you for your updates, it's a true pleasure to see a grow so well documented, a grower learning and enjoying and a happy end :) Such a great way to start the year!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, that's one of the nicest scrog grows I've seen in quite a while! :jump:
How to tame those sally's! :good:

Enjoy! :tiphat:

Hoots

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL:tiphat:
Cheers for the good words everyone, its always a pleasure tying down beautifull lassies, the results speak for themselves!

A few smoke tests here and a few smoke tests there has left me a stunned and happy man- back to work tomorrow will not be fun:hide:

High Hoots,

Im glad you are happy with the malawi early smoke test ;) Very happy to see your sativas so greatly finished, i think you have truelly understand the feeling and philosophy of growing true sativas indoors. I can only congrat for your grow and thank you for your updates, it's a true pleasure to see a grow so well documented, a grower learning and enjoying and a happy end :) Such a great way to start the year!

Really appreciate your words and advice Dubi. :thank you:

Can't feel more highly for the work you and ACE have done with these plants. If the quality of the high reflects something of the plant and the breeder then you are quite a man indeed!!

To early for me to say much about my sampling other than so say they are all very strong, all encompassing smokes.

Finding the differences between the earlier GT's fascinating, all GT but with there own mood and personality. Love the malawi for its rawness but the Golden tiger is just so refined.

Very friendly but very powerful, I can imagine it being a tricky smoke if a person has trouble letting go - cause it WILL take you.

Noticing changes in them already from them starting to cure, it's going to be great getting to know them:)

I had 3 GT's left, two will maybe go another week, one was harvested two days ago at 17 weeks 12/12.

GT4 and GT6 both received quite poor light untill the last few weeks, mainly some of a 250w and other reflected light. Both did amazingly for this, but in response to there more Thai genes went very wild and woolly. Not the most efficient scrog but great looking plants!

GT6 is still in and a wee smoke test a week ago suggests she has got something special. Just put a grown on cutting of her into flowering where she will get full 600w to see what she can do.
picture.php

GT4 harvest next.......

Hoots

Here she is...
picture.php

picture.php

Thought she would go another week as she still had a few fresh pistils but two days ago she seemed to have 'stopped' and a close look at her resin showed an even 90% cloudy and 10% clear on all new and older buds. No amber at all but some yellow.

A smoke test a day or two before and the look of the resin compared to the other GT's suggests she is a bit different. Rather than sticky the quickly dried bud seemed dustier, and she has less smell than the others. The aroma that is their is the most delicate lightly perfumed silky smell. I think she would make amazing hash.

Buds range from loose to quite tight depending on how they got the light.
picture.php

The original frame size,
picture.php

Some lovely buds:jump:
picture.php

So three to go, the green panama will need another 2 weeks anyway, the other 2 GT's this week.

The jars are overflowing and the years just begun,

I'm away for another Ahemm,,, smoke test and then bed.

Hoots

Ah, sticky sticky fingers.

Harvested a cutting each of the two Malawis almost a month ago, both seeded with Lowryder#2 pollen,
picture.php

So last night was my first time removing seeds from dried bud, very sticky!

In fact the fumes from the Malawis were making myself and herselfs eyes water :blackeye:

Been really mild here last week and even the grass has started growing a little! Days have stretched a wee bit more and my thoughts are turning to the summer and outside fun.

picture.php

Few hundred seeds from each cutting so plenty to play with!

And some wee bittys of Malawi finger hash, delicious!

Start germinating some tomorrow, make F2's and play hunt the Auto outside this summer( Oh please let their be a summer this year,:toohot: not :badday:)

My sativa crosses I plan to leave untill after the summer before deciding what to grow, from what I have smoked so far they all have great potential.

And then there is the rest of ACE's offerings, its just to much for one man to grow, but I'll try:)

Easygrowing

Veteran
SO amazing what you shows there !!!
Malawi is one of my favorit had grow here for about 2 years now or more..
Perfect taste-smell-high and yes-Malawi is just malawi-as you says
what a dirty girl...congratz with it all....Your Africans do some nasty stuff...
Thanks

Hoots

Cheers Easygrowing, the malawi is the business right enough.

In fact they all are, tried the red panama outside on a rare afternoon of winter sun here and was just overwhelmed by how well she smokes, a warm high with plenty of energy, creeps and builds,lovely.

Will do a wee smoke report on the ones harvested so far soon.

The last two golden tigers where harvested over the last week, I'll put some photos up in the next few days.

Only the green panama left from original seed grow,
picture.php

Seems quite long flowering for a panama, not sure how unusual she is. The most strongest smelling of all the sativas, my nose isn't accurate but sort of very tropical overripe fruits and bitumen/tar, don't hold me to that though!

Lots of fresh pistils on her, resin is turning fast on finished flowers though so perhaps not leave her to much longer.
picture.php

Hoots

Photo time!

First of the last two Golden Tigers to come out was GT6, in my mind the most thai of the GT's here and possibly suffered most from lack of light. She is being run again at the moment as a wee test suggests she is much more cerebral than the others so I am keen to try her with some proper lumens.

18 weeks flowering:)
GT6
picture.php

I do like wild plants though!
picture.php

Large calyxs and a lovely aroma, resin was a mix of all shades by end,
picture.php

picture.php

More...

Hoots

Range of density’s again in the buds depending on light but all look tasty!

Really notice the difference in how the plants preform under the 600w, 400w, and 250w in same room.

GT6 bud,
picture.php

picture.php

and a few days later GT1 was harvested.....

Hoots

So she ushered the other Golden tigers in and she ushered them all out.

Stayed under the 400w for most of the grow, a beauty:jump:
picture.php

Just kept growing and growing, all the later flowerers put on some new flowering after the 3 day cold night power cut, and GT1 did most of all.

Scrogged really well.
picture.php

Mass upon mass of bud:dance013:
picture.php

More mass! You can see new growth at tips.
picture.php

more....

Hoots

Big bud after big bud came from inside her:bump:
picture.php

In herselfs hand,
picture.php

picture.php

This one in my own hand was wrapped in a spiral among the scrog,
picture.php

So just the panama left from the original seeds, what a grow:)

Stowed out with bud!!

As my girlfriend points out we don't need to grow again this year which frees up what can be grown and played with so that is far beyond what I could have hoped for in the beginning( almost 6months to the day when they first popped there heads)

Try to get some thoughts together to describe some of the smokes and effects, even one of these plants would have kept me entertained for a long time! It's going to be a good year:clover:

And for anyone reading this who hasn't had the opportunity to smoke some pure sativa all I can say is,

GROW GROW GROW

Trust me it's the best thing you could ever do!

Latest posts

Latest posts