What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Superthrive - What is it?

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear some people call it Snake Oil, but I LOVE it.

Gets my clones rooted super fast.

Just vitamins and amino acids?

R

redeyesurprise

This is according to the State of Oregon's Department of Agriculture site:

Humic Acid, Indole3 Butyric Acid, Naphthaleneacetic Acid, Phosphorous Acid, Kelp, Vitamin B1, Polyacrylamide, Potting Mix.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Been using it for over a month now, and I can defiantly say the roots look bigger, whiter, and healthier then before using it.(when viewed during transplant)

I've heard some people here who's opinions are greatly respected by me calling it snake oil, but I think it actually has a positive effect on vegging plants based on my short term experience with it.

NorCal530

Been using it for over a month now, and I can defiantly say the roots look bigger, whiter, and healthier then before using it.(when viewed during transplant)

I've heard some people here who's opinions are greatly respected by me calling it snake oil, but I think it actually has a positive effect on vegging plants based on my short term experience with it.
so you use it past transplant?

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
so you use it past transplant?
I mix a little bit in every time I water the vegging plants, so far they seem to be loving it.
I've also been using it for plants in the first couple weeks of flowering, but that's were I stop, as the consensus from what I've read seems to be that there is no real benefit in using it beyond that time, and that it may actually prolong the flowering period if you do.

Again, I've been using it for less then 2 months now, but so far, so good.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I vote snake oil. No benefits from it's use. No losses when thrown in the trash.

'Cept the money wasted in buying it to begin with, which almost no matter where you are is less than 10 bucks no biggie I guess. I vote snake oil too. I laugh at myself on this one because I don't really base it on experience using it. It's contents are a highly guarded secret which leads me to believe its just another snake oil. I do understand they might not want it copied but again if it weren't another snake oil it would have been copied by now thru "open domain". Try it if you want but there are plenty of growers who do great without it wether they grow cannabis or any other plant for that matter. Just my two copper Lincolns.:2cents:

-S.E.:bump:

I vote snake oil. No benefits from it's use. No losses when thrown in the trash.

Definitely not snake oil. Has good hormones it to help plants grow roots. You don't want to use it past the cloning and vegging stage. If you look at the ingredients of dyna gro KLN its pretty similar stuff, and dyna gro is one of the most reputable, honest company's on the market. I post this link repeatedly, maybe someone can start a superthrive thread and sticky it, because this literally comes up once a week.

supergrow.biz

Look up the ingredients, then read about them on the above sight, educate yourself about whats in it and what it does, then decide if you want to use it or not.

Has been copied repeatedly, every product on the market that is made up of auxins and thiamine is more or less a copy of superthrive. How are the ingredients a secret? They are posted right in this thread! NAA and IBA are plant auxins that are in every decent rooting product on the market, do some research guys, please. BTW, the reason its so expensive, is because it is fairly concentrated, and the auxin NAA is expensive, no way around it. Thats why rootech and clonex are so cheap, no NAA, they are inferior products to dip n grow, dyna gro gel, and woods rooting compound.

Sorry then my fault there... I've still done great as many others have growing all sorts of plants without it. IMO it does kinda sound like chickens fed steroids for the super-market. Just my thought on it tho. Sorry again and take care.

-S.E.

Has been copied repeatedly, every product on the market that is made up of auxins and thiamine is more or less a copy of superthrive. How are the ingredients a secret? They are posted right in this thread! NAA and IBA are plant auxins that are in every decent rooting product on the market, do some research guys, please. BTW, the reason its so expensive, is because it is fairly concentrated, and the auxin NAA is expensive, no way around it. Thats why rootech and clonex are so cheap, no NAA, they are inferior products to dip n grow, dyna gro gel, and woods rooting compound.

IMO it does kinda sound like chickens fed steroids for the super-market.
-S.E.

LOL, thats funny. No need to apologize, sorry if I come off like a jerk, I fully admit I take myself to seriously, have a good one guys. And you are absolutely right, you don't need superthrive, or any of that stuff, hell you could root a clone in a cup of plain water.

pokergod

'Cept the money wasted in buying it to begin with, which almost no matter where you are is less than 10 bucks no biggie I guess. I vote snake oil too. I laugh at myself on this one because I don't really base it on experience using it. It's contents are a highly guarded secret which leads me to believe its just another snake oil. I do understand they might not want it copied but again if it weren't another snake oil it would have been copied by now thru "open domain". Try it if you want but there are plenty of growers who do great without it wether they grow cannabis or any other plant for that matter. Just my two copper Lincolns.:2cents:

-Actually, I think that thrivalive, and AN B52 have copied or improved on the formula.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if it's snake oil, it's the cheapest i've been ripped off in this hobby so far, at least. i've been working off the same bottle for 3 years now

And I think that post is hysterical!!!! :laughing:

On a more serious note, I totally agree. I used to use it, then I stopped. And when I noticed no difference, I threw it in the trash.

Maybe its not snake oil, but I got 99% of those ingredients in my nutes.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great stuff, love it and use it. It makes transplants flawless and root like crazy.

Latest posts

Latest posts