What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As of today what is the absolute MOST POTENT cannabis strain available?

George

Pirate138 said:
First up it sounds like your g/f did have low blood sugar, why would marijuana make her faint? was she still holding a hit? hah.

Secondly marijuana ISNT a hallucinagenic! How can you say you smoked white rhino and tripped? Either it was laced with something or your full of malarchy, i think its the latter.
umm, my gf will literally trip off of weed as well. its my belief that some people are hypersensitive to cannabonoids. in fact while im taking bong hit after bong hit , my gf is telling me the weird shit shes seeing after only her first. and i can assure you it wasnt laced considering i was the one who grew it...

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
There's an old school pot term known as "trip weed." You don't get high, you don't get stoned, you fucking trip!...........When you look back later you realize you were trippin out on that smoke.

I know for sure because of "The One."

In 1970 a chemist from Frisco manufactured this thc extract that was supposedly 22%. It came in a test tube with a glass pipete pipe. It had instuctions and a couple of 1/8" hit globs put you in zulu land. It made you trip out. It tasted like pure pakistani herb/hash. It's the best thc high I have ever experienced..........but you tripped on it, I swear!..........Desi!

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
George said:
umm, my gf will literally trip off of weed as well. its my belief that some people are hypersensitive to cannabonoids. in fact while im taking bong hit after bong hit , my gf is telling me the weird shit shes seeing after only her first. and i can assure you it wasnt laced considering i was the one who grew it...

if she does it also with alchool and many drugs it may be a kidney problem.

Tell her to put a lot of vegetables in her diet: her kidney don't work as hard as the norm.

George

gramsci.antonio said:
if she does it also with alchool and many drugs it may be a kidney problem.

Tell her to put a lot of vegetables in her diet: her kidney don't work as hard as the norm.
i did not know that. good info!

however, she doesnt do it with alcohol and she doesnt do any other drugs. thank god.

Last edited:

George

dfa said:
some people cant hang
i assume youre talking about the ones that have tripped off weed?

i guess you can call it "cant hang" but honestly, i look at it with a bit of jelousy...its just a lot more bang for the buck.

its like "light weights". everyone talks shit about people who are considered light weights, but its people like us that always run out of everything 3x faster than them.

H

Hazeseeker

so far the 2 most potent strains i've tried (can't pick just 1 out of these 2) have been SSH + NL#5xHaze,
both true powerhouses,
with Jack Herer a close 3rd,
however i've got a feeling this Neville's Haze is probably gonna overtake both of them:yes:

peace :joint:

Last edited:
A

alpinestar

Sam_Skunkman said:
calikush & whizzard

Wrong,
As far as I know Cannabinoids are not measured as a total weight all lumped together. It has little value to be measured like that.
THC% is measured as a percentage of the dry weight of the plant materials, herbal or resin. And if the THC is 22% it does not follow that 79% is other Cannabinoids, what about stems, flowers, leaves, resin? They do have weight. Yes 22% of the 250 grams will be THC. It makes no difference what the total weight is a pound, ounce, gram, it is 22 % of that amount, if the THC content is 22%. BTW, Hemp is a maximum of .2% THC or 100 times weaker then 22%.
Mel Franks book is a bit outdated, he is using 1974 info and Cannabis science has learned a lot since then like that there are 66 Cannabinoids found in Cannabis not 37 that Mel reported back then.

-SamS

only the resin containing trichomes should be measured, not the leaves and buds
the number of trichomes on calyxes should be then counted
the size of trichomes
then the some overall mass of trichomes harvested from the buds(or buds and leaves) should be examined
this is the only way to effectively measure potency

otherwise, things such as missing hairs leaf or stem pieces will cause problems when you try to test the amount of thc in the entirity of the bud

if only .2% of the total plant matter (so we wouldnt just be testing just the resin) is thc in hemp, then why the hell arent people running to tennessee and kentucky and harvesting that hemp on the side of the road and making hash out of it? because there is no useable potency, because the .2% thc has to be the resin not total plant matter, or else these trichomes would contain useable amounts of thc, and id be making free hash with the pounds and pounds of free material available

its the runaround of resin concentration on a plant, and then cannabinoid concentration in that resin, but people are mixing it up and its starting to get annoying having to figure this kind of bullshit out

does this bother anyone else?

there really needs to be one standardized way of doing this

house

alpinestar said:
only the resin containing trichomes should be measured, not the leaves and buds
the number of trichomes on calyxes should be then counted
the size of trichomes
then the some overall mass of trichomes harvested from the buds(or buds and leaves) should be examined
this is the only way to effectively measure potency

otherwise, things such as missing hairs leaf or stem pieces will cause problems when you try to test the amount of thc in the entirity of the bud
We don't measure only trichome heads because people normally smoke calyxs, hairs, leaves and all. Rarely do we dose dose on pure trichome heads. Besides, that method would be incredibly time consuming and expensive.
alpinestar said:
if only .2% of the total plant matter (so we wouldnt just be testing just the resin) is thc in hemp, then why the hell arent people running to tennessee and kentucky and harvesting that hemp on the side of the road and making hash out of it? because there is no useable potency, because the .2% thc has to be the resin not total plant matter, or else these trichomes would contain useable amounts of thc, and id be making free hash with the pounds and pounds of free material available
I think they measured the avg potency of the buds on the plant, not the entire plant. We'll have to find their testing standards but that would explain it.
alpinestar said:
its the runaround of resin concentration on a plant, and then cannabinoid concentration in that resin, but people are mixing it up and its starting to get annoying having to figure this kind of bullshit out
Thc % is of the total weight of the sample. Cannabinoids refer to THC + accessory cannabinoids. Resin includes cannabinoids + plant material.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pirate138 said:
First up it sounds like your g/f did have low blood sugar, why would marijuana make her faint? was she still holding a hit? hah.

Secondly marijuana ISNT a hallucinagenic! How can you say you smoked white rhino and tripped? Either it was laced with something or your full of malarchy, i think its the latter.

I remember "not so well" but remember,In middle school and early high school ,getting pot "just pot" that was so strong is was almost like doing acid ,visual hallicinations.Looking at people ,forgetting their names .Just really strong/completly out of it high ,sometimes those experiences were when it was mixed with hash.That was in the early smoking days..

A

alpinestar

house said:
We don't measure only trichome heads because people normally smoke calyxs, hairs, leaves and all. Rarely do we dose dose on pure trichome heads. Besides, that method would be incredibly time consuming and expensive.
I think they measured the avg potency of the buds on the plant, not the entire plant. We'll have to find their testing standards but that would explain it.
Thc % is of the total weight of the sample. Cannabinoids refer to THC + accessory cannabinoids. Resin includes cannabinoids + plant material.

youve missed the point; the resin is the only part of the plant that has potency. different parts of the plant have differing amounts of resin but they contribute nothing to potency. only the resin that could be on said parts contributes to potency.
different strains have different amounts of cannabinoids in those resins. this is what needs to be tested, then some sort of scale for total resin production needs to be made, so people can look at both potency and resin amount in a given strain

measuring thc by total plant matter (meaning the hairs leafparts and stems) is totally unreliable

imagine this problem with measuring the entire bud:
you could have 1 plant with high potency in the trichomes it has but low resin content, then a high resin plant with low potency in the trichomes, and get the exact same gc data if you used the entirity of the plant material for the tests

not all trichomes are made the same, and the most resinous plant is not always the strongest

specifics are what is necessary in this field

White Rabbit

Digging in the garden
ICMag Donor
alpinestar said:
the resin is the only part of the plant that has potency. different parts of the plant have differing amounts of resin but they contribute nothing to potency. only the resin that could be on said parts contributes to potency.
different strains have different amounts of cannabinoids in those resins. this is what needs to be tested, then some sort of scale for total resin production needs to be made, so people can look at both potency and resin amount in a given strain

measuring thc by total plant matter (meaning the hairs leafparts and stems) is totally unreliable

imagine this problem with measuring the entire bud:
you could have 1 plant with high potency in the trichomes it has but low resin content, then a high resin plant with low potency in the trichomes, and get the exact same gc data if you used the entirity of the plant material for the tests

not all trichomes are made the same, and the most resinous plant is not always the strongest

specifics are what is necessary in this field

Great info right there...

WR

Croissant

i would say sharons white widow and og kush sfv. The sharons widow made me shake uncontrollably and I lost muscle control. we had to stop the car and try to walk home. we looked like drunken fools and i caught myself drooling a few times. It also made me very paranoid with a very intense body high. It felt like when you stick your finger in a christmass light socket thoughout my whole body. the high was very intense but leveled out after 30 mins and was more tolerable.

ndnguy

Croissant said:
i would say sharons white widow and og kush sfv. The sharons widow made me shake uncontrollably and I lost muscle control. we had to stop the car and try to walk home. we looked like drunken fools and i caught myself drooling a few times. It also made me very paranoid with a very intense body high. It felt like when you stick your finger in a christmass light socket thoughout my whole body. the high was very intense but leveled out after 30 mins and was more tolerable.
LOL,wish i could get that high or do I wish I never run across this bad bitch.lol Going to get ahold of TK and see if he has any lol. Had to stop the car and walk home , lmao

D

deathtosoapbar

After considering this for a while i gotta say that sams original haze x sk#1(the original haze pheno) has to be some of the most potent sativa ive ever had and i have a very high tolerance its strong in a very unique way with an unusual taste and odor that contribute to a very unique high im not going to say all the great things about the original haze as i could go on all day but in many ways it blows away most strains, though it may not be everyone ideal high very intense sativa effect!

ndnguy

dfa said:
some people cant hang
I know alot of peeps that smoke for medicinal reasons that can toke all day and do and very rarely "get High" . Just tolerance is all , some peeps can just puff all day may it be medical or rec. so when does a "lightweight" not become one whats the line???? When you stop thowing up on great bud, or can handle some wicked no ceiling Sativa??? Lightweight, middle weight then Heavyweight, maybe we should have classes like boxing eh??? lol

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey ndn, i put smokers in 2 classes, casual, and chronic tokers.

casual tokers hit the weed on weekends, parties and such, and a chronic toker smokes daily, whether all day or 3 to 4 times a day.

usin haze as a example, me bein a chronic toker, will get me real high, and buzz can last up to 3 hrs, just keeps commin, where as friends who toke once or twice a week just get blasted, cant function at all.

most of my local buddies dont care to smoke the haze i grow, and i have shut down many a party with a good haze.

CBF

deathtosoapbar said:
After considering this for a while i gotta say that sams original haze x sk#1(the original haze pheno) has to be some of the most potent sativa ive ever had and i have a very high tolerance its strong in a very unique way with an unusual taste and odor that contribute to a very unique high im not going to say all the great things about the original haze as i could go on all day but in many ways it blows away most strains, though it may not be everyone ideal high very intense sativa effect!

sorry dude but that stuff is just "average" to me.. hell after growin that stuff out and waiting like 14 weeks for it to flower.. all my friends thought it was schwag!!! lol maybe ya had some kind of "unique" pheno, who knows