What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

solvent for RSO/CBD oil

With any solvent, if its not listed on manufacturers website, you can run the name thru a search engine + msds to give you a material safety data sheet that may hopefully list that it is indeed pure ethanol

The Revolution

Veteran
I think there are better options than Iso alcohol. Im interested in this discussion aswell. Great thread!
Many ppl are realizing the benefits of this RSO oil, and it would be advantageous if more people were able to make it as the demand is massive right now. Ive been doing a bit of researching, on the extraction using terpenes. Limonene. This can be purchased in bulk for cheap, and cleaned up using distillation methods. Than ran through the product just as u would with another hydrocarbon, or alcohol.

mowood3479

Veteran
If I recall correctly the original recipe for rso uses naptha as he solvent. It's a paint thinner type product and easily bought at any paint store.
I think I'd rather use butane tho because it purges out much easier (I think)..
Not an expert by any stretch just relaying the limited info/experience I have in my head

The Revolution

Veteran
The Rick Simpson recipe calls for naptha. I wouldn't s suggest any go messing w that. Naptha is carcinogenic correct? There's cleaner healthier ways. Come on, guys. I knew others are making rso and or experimenting

LostTribe

Premium user
The Rick Simpson recipe calls for naptha. I wouldn't s suggest any go messing w that. Naptha is carcinogenic correct? There's cleaner healthier ways. Come on, guys. I knew others are making rso and or experimenting

RSO calls for naphtha however Grey Wolf recommends using pure grain alcohol or ever clear.