What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leukemia & Cannabis oil ? any sucesses ? anybody know the best dosage ?

Hi guys my wife has been diagnosed with LGLL Leukemia a rare form of Leukemia and the treatment is a 50/50 chance for remission or death. My wife would like to try the so called Pheonix Teras in hopes of putting this shit into remission without the Chemo which comes with a 50% chance of killing her. Anybody have any experience using oil against Leukemia ? does anybody know what kind of dosage is needed to possibly be effective against Leukemia ? any info greatly appreciated.

br26

Was reading on jasmonic acid in another thread...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_jasmonate

Methyl jasmonate induces cytochrome c release in the mitochondria of cancer cells, leading to cell death, but does not harm normal cells. To be specific, it can cause cell death in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cells taken from human patients with this disease and then treated in tissue culture with methyl jasmonate. Treatment of isolated normal human blood lymphocytes did not result in cell death [10].

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I'm not mistaken, in the video "Run From the Cure" by Rick Simpson, available on YouTube, he gives dosing instructions with RSO for many types of illnesses and diseases.

NW Wheeze

The Methyl Jasmonate link posted above is a good read. Follow the link on Wiki for the research study.

My buddy saved his Mom from Stage 4 lung/liver last year. He slowly worked the dosage from 20mg to 300mg every 12 hours. He started with a high THC content for the first 4 weeks (Decarboxylated BHO), and then continued dosing for another 4 weeks with isopropyl wash cooked down to RSO. She was supposed to be dead last November, but she is in full remission now, and looks healthier than she did 10 years ago.

Hey guys, a med student & cancer researcher here.

Before starting anything I'd consult a good doctor. Cannabinoids, despite their many beneficial effects, are no miracle drugs, and combinations of therapies might yield less effects or they might even be harmful. Cancers are a incredibly heterogenous group of diseases, and effectiveness on one type doesn't guarantee effectiveness on other cancers.

Best of luck in your fight against leuchemia,

-mm

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I don't believe there are any effective drugs that work via miracle.

Cancers do vary significantly though. I have to imagine there are some patient groups in some of the medical states with some guide lines. Dr. Melamede seems to be a fountain of information when it comes to the latest cannabinoid and cancer research. He may be worth contacting.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses guys I have done some reading since starting this thread and found dosing info on Rick Simpsons site. I will check out the Methyl Jasmonate. MonkMountain, yes you are correct there is no slam dunk cure it's a crap shoot in some ways but you have to try and for those that have nothing to loose at some point the RSO route is a great way to go as apposed to just waiting to die, we have been to see a couple Dr. but today we will be seeing the oncologist there is no way I would advise anybody to go it alone without a Dr. guidance as well as very carefully weighing your options but some times there are no options other than RSO.

igrowone

Veteran
i've read quite a few of these very hard to read bad deals, very sorry for the rough situation you are part of
1 thought on the RSO, all RSO's can not be created equal
there's just too much about the cannabinoid interactions we don't know
so maybe some bud extractions could be ineffective, and others might be effective?
just saying don't give up if the 1st choice doesn't work out, another might

Well just got home from the oncologist he says this is not curable but disagrees with the Hemotologist he thinks this is likely going to be a slower progression, who cares at this point we still have RSO which my wife has started. The good news is my wife will be having blood testing every 2 weeks the results from those blood tests we can access via home computer so we can actually follow the results and see if the RSO is having any affect what so ever. Also had to stop at the hydro store on the way home I know the owner so we started chatting, turns out he knows a tattoo guy that disliked marijuana but got throat cancer and went through the standard treatments Chemo and radiation which failed so he went on RSO and in 1 month the cancer was gone ! The day felt like having some of the weight lifted off my shoulders so all in all a pretty good day and the fact we can access blood test results every 2 wks while starting into RSO is a bonus.

Well just got home from the oncologist he says this is not curable but disagrees with the Hemotologist he thinks this is likely going to be a slower progression, who cares at this point we still have RSO which my wife has started. The good news is my wife will be having blood testing every 2 weeks the results from those blood tests we can access via home computer so we can actually follow the results and see if the RSO is having any affect what so ever. Also had to stop at the hydro store on the way home I know the owner so we started chatting, turns out he knows a tattoo guy that disliked marijuana but got throat cancer and went through the standard treatments Chemo and radiation which failed so he went on RSO and in 1 month the cancer was gone ! The day felt like having some of the weight lifted off my shoulders so all in all a pretty good day and the fact we can access blood test results every 2 wks while starting into RSO is a bonus.

Hey,

I consulted the lead doctor of the cancer study I work in (just about cannabinoids and cancer in general, didn't want to mention me spending time on cannabis forums), and she told me that according to ongoing studies on the subject, it seems that if the cell line of your wife's cancer is one of those which over-expresses the CB1 and/or CB2 receptors, the cannabinoid treatment might have a really good effect. You should ask your oncologist about this, as THC and CBD have some anti-inflammatory effects too, which might actually speed the spreading of the cancer and hinder the body's own anti-cancerous efforts.

I still want to stress that even if one patient won throat cancer with RSO treatment, no conclusions can be made according to this as there are thousands of different cancerous cell lines, and cannabinoids are not effective against them all.

Courage to you & best of luck,

-mm

mowood3479

Veteran
From what I understand the best dosage is as MUCH as the patient can possibly tolerate.
Start lowish and work up.. Good luck.
Also as an aside I recently read an article posted to IC about the advantages of taking rso or decarbed bho thru suppository. Apparently patients are able to tolerate much higher dosages this way without getting too wrecked from the thc. Mayb something to look into.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
From what I understand the best dosage is as MUCH as the patient can possibly tolerate.
Start lowish and work up.. Good luck.
Also as an aside I recently read an article posted to IC about the advantages of taking rso or decarbed bho thru suppository. Apparently patients are able to tolerate much higher dosages this way without getting too wrecked from the thc. Mayb something to look into.

This would make sense as it would bypass the liver and not be converted into Delta 11 which is noticeably more powerful.

Monkmountain The type of cancer my wife has is a rare form of Leukemia called LGLL the doctors say they know of only 100 cases world wide to date, the Hemotologist is an elderly woman she says she has only seen about 3 cases in her entire career. My wife spent 13 years on hemodialysis before getting a life saving kidney transplant the anti rejection drug Tacrolymous really seemed to screw up her blood work nutrafils after 2 years ended up at .1 normal nutrafils apparently should be 1.5 or so, after switching to cyclosporin anti rejection drug nutrafils have risen to .8 after just over 2 months. I would be most grateful if you would print this out and let the doctor read my post to see if she recognizes the type of Luekemia and if it is a type that might benefit from cannabis oil. Also according to the oncologist this is a form of chronic non-hodgkins lynphoma, the Hemotologist and Oncologist don't seem to be quite on the same page right now, the Oncologist says the best indicator of how things are going is the nutrafil count so we are hoping to see it rise to around 1.5 Thanks for any help

snake11

Hey guys, a med student & cancer researcher here.

Before starting anything I'd consult a good doctor. Cannabinoids, despite their many beneficial effects, are no miracle drugs, and combinations of therapies might yield less effects or they might even be harmful. Cancers are a incredibly heterogenous group of diseases, and effectiveness on one type doesn't guarantee effectiveness on other cancers.

Best of luck in your fight against leuchemia,

-mm

I disagree with you. There are several treating cancers(especially brain cancers)with cannabis only and have had complete success. Cannabis IS a miracle drug and can cure many types of cancer. The government is even placing patents on this. Most conventional doctors push chemo and are not interested in cannabis.

Were more or less on our own the Dr.'s here don't encourage the use of medical marijuana and all seem to give the standard well it has not had any scientific studies ect. ect. in fact the Dr.'s here don't want anything to do with medical marijuana seemingly for fear of damaging their reputation with the other Dr.'s

I disagree with you. There are several treating cancers(especially brain cancers)with cannabis only and have had complete success. Cannabis IS a miracle drug and can cure many types of cancer. The government is even placing patents on this. Most conventional doctors push chemo and are not interested in cannabis.

...You do realize that cannabinoid treatment IS chemotherapy, as opposed to radiotherapy or combination therapy?

Not only that, but there has been no real clinical studies on cannabinoid efficacy on any types of cancer, but several on animal models, and they all show that the efficacy of cannabinoid treatments is strongly dependent on the (over)expression of aforementioned cannabinoid receptors. On other studies (animal models again) show increased metastasis thanks to the immunosuppressant activity of the compounds in cell lines that do not express them.

Doctors cannot on good conscience rely on a treatment that is not proven - unlike the conventional cytostatic treatment plans, which have been proven to work times and times again. The consequences of going on a hunch, in this case prescribing cannabis, can be life-ruining for the patient and the doctor. Atleast here in Europe a doctor needs to have strong medical grounds to give a prescription, and cannabinoids do not have that yet.

Again, I might be able to give some kind of scientific insight on the subject after I've talked with the head of my study, but I suggest you consider the conventional treatments too - the remission rate of LGLL (T-cell) is near 100% with those. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3400163/)

Regards,

-mm

monkmountain, no worries we are moving forward as though walking on thin ice checking and cross checking everything we can before taking the next step your help and comments are very helpful and greatly appreciated. I'm supprised to see you found info on LGLL we were told there has been only about 100 cases world wide, the one thing that concerns me is the Hemotologist said with successful treatment my wife would likely live 2-3 years however the treatment with Methyltrexate carries a 50% chance it will wipe out her immune system totally and kill her outright. The Oncologist on the other hand seems to think it's no big deal she could go 7-8 years before begining to have problems maybe more so we have 2 very different prognosis, also the Oncologist says this is incurable. Now if the cancer is expressing it's self excessively at receptor CB1 and CB2 that would be really good news one very important thing to be taken into consideration problem is I don't think these Dr's even look at this aspect or know how to determine if this is the case.