What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with mite problem

Dr. J

Well I got the dreaded monsters in the garden. My dilemma is my veg tents are in my flower room and I have 3 weeks left to chop down the flowers filling up the rest of the room. After the chop I plan on cleaning the whole room and setting off 3 pytherium bombs 3 days apart from each other. I also have some avid my buddy gave me I was going to make a 5 gallon buckets worth and just dip the full leaf/plant in there and do that in between the bombs. I’m also getting floramite, azamax, Neem, and making habenero spray to rotate in the mix so they don’t build up a tolerance. My main question is since my flowers have some mites is it pointless to hit my veg tents with systemic miticides or will it kill them and keep them off the veg till I can bomb the rest of the room when the flowers are gone? Also I see about switching the miticide would I use it for a month then switch or everytime? Also how many times Can I hit them with avid, floramite and azamax in veg? Thanks a bunch for any response!

DJXX

Veteran
Norcal86 is great stuff, and i have bought them all, predators, and everything ever made for getting rid of mites, you can use it up to two weeks before harvest and there is no residual taste...bought a quart of the concentrate, it made five quarts and its the best $50 i have spent on these crawlers, PM me with any questions...good luck DJXX

starke

If your veg tents exhaust outside of your flower room, hang a No-Pest Strip in each tent.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One good spray of floramite followed by two contact insecticides sprayed separately on day 4 and 10 afterwards will remove all mites.

Veg for 4 wks and hack back before flipping. Residue will be nonexistent.

Or use the contact insecticides every 3-4 days for at least 4 treatments.

Reduce foliage 50% prior to either treatment.

Few dozen ways of skinning the cat.

Skip the neem/azamax, a growing number of peeps will thank you.

Unfounded conjecture. Your pet theory is just that, your own. You have provided nothing but thin anectdotal evidence to support it.

I use food grade sesame oil and doctor bonner as an emulsifier, it will work for your next run spray throughout veg once a week. For your problem now id burn sulfur once for 6-8 hours. It’s hard to spray anything at the end, shop vac could help too. Floramite definitley works but you should research the product a little before you decide to use it.

Dr. J

Appreciate all the responses amigos! So still a little confused about treating the veg tent since it’s in the same room as the flowers. Will the systemic miticides keep the veg tents at bay till the flowers are cut or am I spinning my wheels battling them while the flowers are finishing up? Once again thanks for all your responses!

Latest posts

Latest posts