What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

auto mazar in dwc + l.e.d

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 18 from seed

auto mazar from dp, these have only just started to show sex, both of them are feminized seeds so im guessing their gonna be female lol

smell factor on these is very strong and you can tell its cannabis, had to set my carbo filter up early to deal with the hum

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
LOL, thought it was you man. looking lush as usual. how much air you pumping through those 2 pots? You runnin Canna, EC/PH, temps etc?. G'luck.

J

joejusttyped

Back at it again! Interesting strain choice skotty. What made u go with a dp auto?

Later bro

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the comments

the reason for dp mazar is because she is a heavy yielder and i wanted to see what i could get using only 290 watts of electric, i know one grow pulled 209 grams grown outdoors and another grow pulled 249 grams using hydro and hps so it will be interesting to see how this one pans out

my nutrients at the minute are vitalink max, ph 5.8 ec.9 however ive started to get cal/mag def which has completley baffled me as to why

ive never suffered with it in any of my past grows but these are both showing signs, its not slowed them down but the brown rust spots apperaing on the leaves are not the prettiest of sights

im stuck as i dont know what to do to stop this from happening, my only saving grace is that they will be switched over to flowering nutes in the next 5 days so im just hoping to ride it out and they get better

if anybody has any ideas on how to overcome mag/cal def in dwc im all ears and as far as im aware all my equipment is bang on so my ph and ec readings are right

after typing this post ive been a fetched my old ph pens to see if their is any difference in the readings and both my old pens are reading ph 5.4 so ive just solved my own problem

for fuk sake what is it with me and ph meters im suprised my planst have lasted 3 weeks being on such a low ph

anyways rant over lol

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 20 from seed

after locating my problem i have gave my girls a fresh res change and they are now on ec .9 and ph 5.8

they are doing ok considering the low ph they were on but they do have some rust spots which developed on the leaves

both plants will be getting transferred over to flowering nutrients in the next 7 days

ive been to the local hydro outlet and purchased some

regen-a-root
pk13/14
headmasta

all the above will be used in flowering along side canna aqua flores and superior potash

both these plants havent started their stretch yet so it will be intresting to see how big they get, i think dp say they reach to 80cm

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I will be watching from afar skotty! I expect this grow to be top notch, shouldn't be hard for you...kill it bro

20/4

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
hey 20/4 hows it going, havent seen any grows from you in a while, hope ya keeping alright :wave:

day 23 from seed

both plants have sexed but they havent put out any hairs yet, calyxs are springing up on both plants

ive sorted out the mag/cal def and the plants have made a nice recovery, they both have bud sites everywhere ;)

both buckets are still on veg nutes ph 5.8-5.9 and ec .9

neither plants have started the stretching phase yet so it will be intresting to see how big they get, as you can see in the pics they are heavy indica and stacked really tight

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

*mr.mike*

Looks sweet, indeed. Which LEDs are you using? I'm figuring the white in the pics is from flash...

All I can say is that auto Mazar is poop... and I am the flies! Gettin' me sum that!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
345 watt penertrator (uses only 290 watts electric) ive had some nice results with this panel and its been on the scene since 2009 lol technology has moved greatly in the last 3 years and im looking at getting a penertrator-x panel when this grow is complete

im on day 25 from seed and both plants have calyx all over them since day 19 but neither plant has started to put out any hairs yet which is really weird, its like there telling me there ready to flower but they aint kicked into flowering mode yet and are still vegging

my lights are on 20/4 and it may be just a case of the long light period but true autos should kick into flower under any light cycle

any ideas whats crack a lacking you guys or should i just wait it out

Scrogerman

Veteran
I was wondering about why you decided to go with ditchpassion after your medley of great genetics skotty. not seen much good from those people for a long time, let me down on more than one occasion im affraid. but after your previous displays im sure you'll do them more then proud! id say they are lucky! Good luck with the auto mazzars mate! me i wouldnt hold my breath with their gene's! these days! i will say your plants look sexy atm!

sounds like their begging for somthing to me, what i couldnt say bro! id drop a couple of hours n see how you get on! strange one! doesnt surprise me though! hope you prove me wrong mate! G'luck!

Masters at work r getting too stoned imo! now i dont believe their hype anymore! dont think id of said the same 10 years ago!

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I was wondering about why you decided to go with ditchpassion after your medley of great genetics skotty. not seen much good from those people for a long time, let me down on more than one occasion im affraid. but after your previous displays im sure you'll do them more then proud! id say they are lucky! Good luck with the auto mazzars mate! me i wouldnt hold my breath with their gene's! these days! i will say your plants look sexy atm!

sounds like their begging for somthing to me, what i couldnt say bro! id drop a couple of hours n see how you get on! strange one! doesnt surprise me though! hope you prove me wrong mate! G'luck!

Masters at work r getting too stoned imo! now i dont believe their hype anymore! dont think id of said the same 10 years ago!

cheers for dropping in scrogger nice to see your still about mate ;)

i know you wasnt impressed with the ultimate offering but these are defo skunk#1 x afghani and you can smell the dankness in them already but the proof is in the pudding so to speak and we wont know for sure untill at least another 6 weeks

ive been using regen-a-root in the res and id switched from rhizotonic now i dont know if anybody has used this stuff but it does smell a bit like bleach and i think it may contain oxyplus which is absoloutley no good for me in dwc and the amount of co2 im pushing around my buckets, also the fact that it may well contain bleach means it will kill and beneficial bacteria in my res which is not really what i want as the godd bennys help keep the roots healthy

i should of guessed by the name regen-a-root as this would be ideal for putting life back into a failing root system which is something i havent got, also because of a certain substance thats in this formula its played havoc with my ph and its been swinging for the past 3 days and ive been scratching my head trying to work out what it was, because of the swings im guessing this has delayed my plants into flowering but because ive been on top of it most the time the plants havent suffered greatly

ive now switched back to rhizotonic as its more ph stable + the longer the veg the bigger the plants and the bigger the yield so this little exercise may well pay off in the long run

i suppose regen-a-root would be ideal for coco or even hempy buckets or even soil but for my dwc setup it wasnt ticking the right boxes

you live and learn

Scrogerman

Veteran
thats good to know mate(never run CE), it prolly is a bleach/dirivitive if you can smell it, h2o2 dont smell much at all ime, so id guess its bleach type stuff, your nose dont lie. still it shouldnt really make a diff if it is in DWC idk. Stick to what ya know untill you get better answers! good move switching back, if it aint broke! i do myself, always looking for improvements, n shit goes titsup sometimes. Gluck with em bro!

btw H2o2 kicks ass in DWC for me man(not that you need any)! just depends what we use as ya know! the smell sounds promising from the plants, uaually a good sign! but DP will remain in my bad books untill further notice! run 4+ of their stains in the last 6+ years, load of shit all of em & cost dollar! they aint cheap! i now consider them full of shit tbh!

Last edited:

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Say wait it out and see if they are truly Auto-Flowering or just another DP mistake. You do very great DWC grows bro, very impressive.

SGS

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 26 from seed

as already stated both plants are covered in calyx but still no signs of flowering, last thing i wanna do is switch these to 12 12 but the rate at which they are growing they could well out grow my space, ill probably give them 5 more days to kick into budding and then seriously consider flipping them

managed to sort out my ph issues and recovered all my ph meteres which are now all giving me the exact same reading, they also get left to soak in ph storage soloution after every use ;)

ive increased the plants feed to 1.0 ec and ph 5.9 yesterday as i had to switch back to rhizotonic for 1 reason and another

here are a few pics of my ladies, the plant on the left has lost her main cola which is buried deep in all that foilage and the side branches have started to take over

have to admit the 1st few weeks have been a bit of a rollercoaster ride for me with swinging ph and bad choice of nutirnets but full credit to the girls that dont look phazed by it and just wanna do their thing

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
one more interesting project skotty, plants look very healthy n green as usual from your job so ill be watching this one, is a pleasure!!!

Scrogerman

Veteran
reading between the lines, im not sure/dont think she is a true auto. 205g's in south spain says outdoor to me, which seals my case, prolly what your seeing on your 20/4 regime. drop the light to match n see how you get on. i just dont believe their hype anymore.

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/feminized-autoflowering-varieties/automazar/

says it all if you read it right imo! please prove me wrong! but id make changes post hast, hope that helps! id put money on it!

they make out Blueberry is theirs, is it fkk! i think we can thank the DJ for that offering!

as you can see im quite bitter, no suprise spending good dollar on a number of blags! Masters they are not imo!

Only thing ill say in their defence is i do see tidy pheno's from their stock , but very rarely, but are they theirs! i dont think so.

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
well looking at other grows of this strain the sexing period has gone from day 18 to day 35 indoors so ive still got a few more days yet before i hit the panic button

however they are now in full veg mode and the rate of growth is insane especially in dwc so im hoping they kick in before i run out of space, ive got some nice 7 fingered leaves going on aswell which is nice to see

scrogger i feel ya pain bro and look at the shit i had with those kannabia autos lol but fuk it no use crying over spilt milk, if you have a crap experience with a seed supplier you just tend to avoid them in the future it really is that simples

ive come to realise that the seed producing game is a dog eat dog world mate and people are just in it for the money, you only gotta look at the exodus strains that are now appearing all over the net but any true toker will tell you that their is only 1 true exo and its only avaiable in clone nothing else comes close especially when its grown in soil, she tastes beaut