What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20/4's Perpetual Multi-Strain Grow

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Perpetual growing IS the way to give AF's main-grow status.

They work real well...

Speed & Safety for them...:clover:

P.S...she is Beautiful.

Well grown m8. :tiphat:

I believe this to be true also, autos are definitely making there way to main-grow status. Thanks for the words of wisdom mossy!:tiphat: Lookin forward to seein you lurk!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Onyx Day 43, Shortstuff1 Day 21, Sour60 Day 16

Onyx Day 43, Shortstuff1 Day 21, Sour60 Day 16

Hola everyone at Icmag
ciao.gif
Hope everyone is doin just fine tonight! Gotta pretty good update for ya guys..Also a question, i need opinions!

Onyx Females #1, Which has entered full blown flowering and is around 20 inches and has slowly screeched to a halt on height growth, i imagine she will gain a few inches in flowering:dance013:

Here is where my question is, WHAT IS CAUSING THE YELLOWING ON THE UPPER PART OF ONYX #1?! IDEAS?!.. The yellowing started at the top in the center and worked its way outward... For some reason its only on this plant and not the other onyx female, i have been giving same water amounts and everything, maybe she needs more nutes (P&K)? since she has begun flowering more vicious than the other?!

Onyx Female #2, she is now the same height as Onyx #1 and is a little behind on flowering( Maybe a week or so) Im thinkin when she is finished she may out weigh the bigger one because of the late blooming....

Onyx Females Together... Lookin Lovely!:jump:

Sour60s, Shortstuff1s are the biggest two on the left side, top right sour60 is the first confirmed male. No sex yet on the SS#1, starting to become skeptical but not giving up, ill give them until day 30 to start flowering...

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
easy now

your onyx plant has developed a deficency and it looks really dark green almost black in colour, not the prettiest of sights, she also has been over fed you can tell by the claw shaped leaves on the upper part of her, the deffecincy she has may well be calcium def i would flush your plant out with just water and let her rest for a couple of days as the over feeding may well of caused nutrient lockout.

also you can see the yellow tips on your leaves which is a dead give away to over feeding what ph is your water??

once you have over fed the plant it will casue growth to slow down and if you dont act soon it will continue to get worse and effect yield,

im not really an expert in soil growing techniques so take my info as a guidline untill some 1 with soil experience comes and advises you better, but i would advise a complete flush of the plant wit just water

hope this helps

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
easy now

your onyx plant has developed a deficency and it looks really dark green almost black in colour, not the prettiest of sights, she also has been over fed you can tell by the claw shaped leaves on the upper part of her, the deffecincy she has may well be calcium def i would flush your plant out with just water and let her rest for a couple of days as the over feeding may well of caused nutrient lockout.

also you can see the yellow tips on your leaves which is a dead give away to over feeding what ph is your water??

once you have over fed the plant it will casue growth to slow down and if you dont act soon it will continue to get worse and effect yield,

im not really an expert in soil growing techniques so take my info as a guidline untill some 1 with soil experience comes and advises you better, but i would advise a complete flush of the plant wit just water

hope this helps

peace

I havent been giving either of the plants ANY nutes... Just whats in the soil, its FFOF so its known for being too hot for seedlings, but i didnt think so for bigger plants... Could be? Ive only been giving them only water since they were born. Not really sure what my PH is, i planned on getting ph testing kit soon, just tapped for cash right now. I know all plants are different in there needs, so im tryin to figure out what shes asking for...Shes on day 44, she is deff gettin enough nitrogen, obviously because the super dark green leaves.. I agree with the tips they do look like they are being over fed... I dont think its a ph problem because i use the same water for my seeds, sprouts, and big plants.. Im aware this is still not ruled out and i will get ph meter very soon. Wouldnt at least 1 other plant show the problem if it was a ph problem? Thats why i was thinking it was a P&K Deff since it has begun to flower and might need more flowering nutes.. Im gonna keep continuing to give them just water until i see any changes, if the problem worsens im gonna have to resort in giving them nutes, we shall see.... Thanks skotty!

20/4:tiphat:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
both of your plants are showing signs of overfeed in the pics you posted

the soil is to much for them probably should of kept them in a seedling soil and then added your own nutrients to that

last thing you wanna do is add more feed to an over fed plant

as i said i dont grow in soil and thought more people would of chipped in to help you out

good luck though

peace

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
both of your plants are showing signs of overfeed in the pics you posted

the soil is to much for them probably should of kept them in a seedling soil and then added your own nutrients to that

last thing you wanna do is add more feed to an over fed plant

as i said i dont grow in soil and thought more people would of chipped in to help you out

good luck though

peace

Its all good, they will still yield nice the bud will be plenty of trich covered.. I plan on makin a mix of soil next time, which will contain 1/3 parts seed starting mix. Also very soon i plan on running a couple DWC plants along side my soil plants, so i can dial everything in and get practice before making the complete switch and to see if i have SIGNIFICANT increases over soil. Again thanks skotty, stick around!:wave:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
After this update i may be gone for a week or so due to internet provider going down.

After this update i may be gone for a week or so due to internet provider going down.

Hello everyone quick update on the plants, Sorry i will no longer be takin pictures outside of the cab, the onyx have became to big to easily move in and out of the cab without causing damage.. Anyways enjoy! I will be back as soon as i can!

Onyx Females, Onyx on left/back is Number1 which is the faster maturing out of the two...

Close Ups of Onyx Number1...I think she is starting to normalize, not positive what was causing the yellowing exactly.. but nonetheless she is smelling amazing, very diesely....:dance013:

Onyx Number2 Bud shot..Not man trichs forming yet, shes bout 1-2 weeks behind...

The youngins, SS1 and sour60, Here is first sour60 male i discovered... So far i found 2/8 im hoping for a better female ratio than with the onyx...

20/4:wave:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Update coming later tonight...

Update coming later tonight...

Watch for the update tonight! I had bad luck and the power in my area was out for around 24 hours.. The plants have already started to recover, so far only 2 males out of the 8 sour60s, and the two males showed almost a week ago, so im hoping i have lots of females to work with!

Thats all until later,

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Onyx Day 50, S60 Day 23

Onyx Day 50, S60 Day 23

Hey everyone, as promised here is an update... Unfortunately my area had a power outage for around 24 hours, which did some small damage on my sour60, the new growth suffered a little bit, see pictures below. The 2 ShortStuff #1s have still not showed sex and they are on day 28, if no sex by day 30 they will be chopped.. 6 sour60s have yet to show sex, hopin this leads to having more females! Also hoping the power outage didnt stress the plants too much, dont want any hermies.... Anyways the onyx are doing amazing, they have been getting small dosages of tiger bloom and seem to love it VS not having any.. The more mature onyx has a very diesel smell to it, its quite pungent:dance013:

Lots of Pix, but they all are worth a look!:jump: Number 1 is still in the back and number 2 is in the front, both have been rotated every watering...(3-4 days) Im really loving these onyx plants, they arent crazy tall for my cab, around 20 inches but they are getting really fat! Cant wait to see the total yield, gotta feeling number 2 is gonna be the winner once she gets to fattening up...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Number 2s stem, Biggest one ive came in contact with, deciding what to cut it with now...:dance013:
attachment.php

WhooooHooooo! Bud shots! Not bad for 50 days...:tiphat:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Six sour60 on right, SS#1 on left, cut off
attachment.php

Damage to new growth from roughly 24 hours of no light due to power outage
scared.gif

attachment.php

Questions? Comments! Concerns?!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Give those a really good flush, hold off a week on harvest and get rid of some of that N. IMO.

Nice buds tho' - congrats.

Thanks man, and for the sour60 i have a diff soil mix lined up that should get rid of the excessive N. I believe that was caused from the 3 gal of straight FFOF, i plan on mixing with a seed starter and more perlite next time around. Cheers!:tiphat:

looking great shame to here about the power cut my friend have they recovered ? is it your furst run with the ss1 ? there a nice strain rockhard buds and a good dense structur and a good smoke

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
looking great shame to here about the power cut my friend have they recovered ? is it your furst run with the ss1 ? there a nice strain rockhard buds and a good dense structur and a good smoke

Got the SS1 from a friend, so not postitive is he was tellin the truth on the strain... thats why im giving them until day 30, this is my first time tryin out the SS1, have you grown these out before? Could you give me a lil more info, maybe like...when do they usually sex? I would think before 30 days..

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
nice job their fella, shame about the power cut, if it was at lights out you should be ok ;)

what happend to the 1 that you crossed with the sour 60 has she gave birth yet??

keep it up ;)

peace

Got the SS1 from a friend, so not postitive is he was tellin the truth on the strain... thats why im giving them until day 30, this is my first time tryin out the SS1, have you grown these out before? Could you give me a lil more info, maybe like...when do they usually sex? I would think before 30 days..

i only had a surprise freebie pack of five with a order when the seed bank first started traiding ... i put them in 20ltr buckets some took about six weeks plus to start to show proper flowering plus about 5 - 6 weeks to flower but as you now pot size ~ (large ) can delay flowering by a good week of two if no flowers start to show within the next week or two id start to worry mine showed around week 5-6 and then burst in to flower once they get going they make up for the delay i had thee fems out of a pack of 5 there a really robust plant with a huge strong stem theres some stong indica genes in there somewhere ! they seemed to take more nutes than any other strain ive tryed so far i was making boibizz bloom + flower at nearly double strengh an there was not a burn in sight ! the smell after drying was herbie with a hint of flowers if that makes any sense lol .... buds where light green lime colour like nothing ive seen before but to be honest not the stongest by a long shot but great taste / quality even with a quick dry and no cure bet its superd when treated propery and with a good cure :tiphat:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
nice job their fella, shame about the power cut, if it was at lights out you should be ok ;)

what happend to the 1 that you crossed with the sour 60 has she gave birth yet??

keep it up ;)

peace

Eh it was just after lights up, they got 2 hours of daylight and BAM lights out for 24 hours, kinda bummed me out though... But they are making an excellent recovery. I now have my first comfirmed sour60 FEMALE!:jump: Right now the only prego is the onyx, which is from the onyx pollen. I still have some onyx pollen stored and and gonna dust some on a branch of the sour60s that are up and coming right now...Also right now im keeping a male sour60 (isolated chamber) so i can collect pollen and make sour60 beans and when i grow out my onyx f2s going to use the sour60 pollen on one of those females. Sorry if that was confusing mate, ya might need to read it a few times i know i had to...:laughing:

i only had a surprise freebie pack of five with a order when the seed bank first started traiding ... i put them in 20ltr buckets some took about six weeks plus to start to show proper flowering plus about 5 - 6 weeks to flower but as you now pot size ~ (large ) can delay flowering by a good week of two if no flowers start to show within the next week or two id start to worry mine showed around week 5-6 and then burst in to flower once they get going they make up for the delay i had thee fems out of a pack of 5 there a really robust plant with a huge strong stem theres some stong indica genes in there somewhere ! they seemed to take more nutes than any other strain ive tryed so far i was making boibizz bloom + flower at nearly double strengh an there was not a burn in sight ! the smell after drying was herbie with a hint of flowers if that makes any sense lol .... buds where light green lime colour like nothing ive seen before but to be honest not the stongest by a long shot but great taste / quality even with a quick dry and no cure bet its superd when treated propery and with a good cure :tiphat:

Thanks for the info!:tiphat: I will let them keep going in the 1/2 gallon pots for awhile until i see some kinda of sex, its s shame they take so long.. Cheers!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
SOUR60 HERMIE!

SOUR60 HERMIE!

First sour60 hermy, sucks because this was the male i just chose to save for pollen, welp he is now dead and i have 4 plants left that have yet to show sex, now im kinda hoping i get a male! Plants did have 1 day of no light which could have lead to the hermy, but ive been seeing people get a few hermys when working with sour60, so i guess we will see if any more pop up( I hope not) I know mdanzig has worked very hard on this strain, its a shame to have one go bananas!:dunno:

Hermy_3_.JPG

Hermy_1_.JPG

Hermy_2_.JPG