What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mi5 Grow Journal - Growing With CANNA

Bighill

That dutch master reverse is some good stuff, you really do learn some thing new every day. Thank you Mr. Meds.

dargo

Another problem (but a good one), I dont think im going to have space in the grow cab for 8-9 Mi5's, there only about 22 days old and already its rammed in there, these are the fastest growing plants I ever seen! there all now starting to flower like crazy (with no balls!)

I know LST helps with height restrictions but I got all the head room I could ever need, I need a way to keep them all in there but not crammed in with fan leaves covering fan leaves.

Once the white russians are out and I mount the fan on the side wall I will have a bit more space but still wont be enough. as a last resort I can move the least good looking ones under the 125w flowering cfl in the cupboard above my grow cab, but its only 125w cfl and its on 12/12 as im flowering the unknown amnesia haze cross thing in there, I also have my 1 male Mi5 in there and the only girl that didnt grow balls for my seed run, once she is pollenated I want her back under the hps with 20hours light 4 hours dark per 24 hours. oh and then I need space for my 2 cheese cuttings that will be coming very soon

I cant wait for spring when I can get back into the greenhouse and outdoors where I feel most at home growing. I hope my seed run works out cos I intend on planting 100's this spring and summer, I want to be plant 25-50 oncea week starting when it gets a bit lighter and warmer and carry on untill august so il be able to harvest maybe 25+ oz a week from june untill end of october/beggining of november.

ronbo51

Veteran
Dargo,love that outside strategy. The idea of littering the hills and valleys with autos is the vision I have. No height issues. Harvesting before the end of season intensity kicks in. I just started a test run of the seeds I got from my SS mix seedrun. Looking for gold before summer!!

dargo

day 28:

No more nuts! my dutch master reverse arrived today, dont think il (hopeing i wont be) needing it.

I been fed them a couple of times, 2ml canna terra flores in every 1L of water that I let sit with no lid on for atleast 24 hours, il up the dose to 4ml next feeding. I also gave them there last canna terra vega hit, 4ml for every 1L but I think it was to much for them as I can see a little burn on the ends of the leaves.

In the first photo there all growing about the same rate now apart from the runt which is about a week behind, the runt is at the front just left of the center.

picture.php

This is my only male, he has been under 125w flowering CFL for a couple of weeks you can see how much he has streched. putting him under the cfl seems to have slowed everything down so the pollen sacks are taking a while to open................

picture.php

..........which is ok because it gives the girl im going to pollenate a chance to put out lots more hairs. (next to the girl is the tall auto white russian missing her head and a couple of branches, the bottom still needs a few days for 50/50 milky/amber)

picture.php

And finaly a shot of both doors open

picture.php

ps. the 2 girls are auto white russian, they look good in the photos but there not. im halfway through harvesting them. once I have them all down, dryed & cured il do a final update in my other thread. Personaly I dont think its a good strain.

Mr.Meds

I agree dargo... I don't think they're even close to homogenous... Although.. I have one WR phenotype that is seriously filthy in snow though. It distinctly has put out more resin than any auto I've seen so far. I pollinated her so we'll see what she brings. But with that said, I think the White dwarf is more stable (with only 2 slightly differing phenos I see). Also seems to put on more weight, grow taller and smell better. I've been sampling lately and I'm finding the Hindu Kush to be much more potent (and useful) toke compared to the white russian which is not what I had expected.

Bighill

Dargo, you seem a bit more relaxed now. They seem to have come into their own. They look like they are budding nicely. The canopy is fairly uniform, more so than i was expecting to see.

Collect as much pollen as you can, male pollen is the key to auto flower back crossing.

BH

dargo

day 31

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All of the bottom fan leaves are yellowing, drooping and dieing. the underside of the canopy hardly gets any light as its so crowded in there, do you think this could be the cause?

picture.php

picture.php

I collected some pollen off the male today and covered the girl I selected for breeding, I also hit the bottom branches of the unknown 12/12 strain im growing in the hopes of doing a x

picture.php

picture.php

Seedling

Locking lush mate. Plants look very uniform. Its nice to see some one grow out the MI5. I got some test seeds from stitch and will start a grow log in a couple of weeks. He has some very interesting things coming out soon...especially for all you purple lovers...

Keep up the good work, will be watching this one.

dargo

Had to tie the male down as I have very limited headspace in the cupboard he lives in.

picture.php

picture.php

balls

picture.php

picture.php

I picked a few open pollen sacks yesterday and today, I put them into a small bag shook it up and painted the contents all over the hairs on the girl I selected for the seed run. I can see all the hairs I hit yesterday are turning brown and dieing back, Il do the same tommorrow to ensure ive pollenated as many bud sites as possible.

The girl I pollenated is living under the 125w flowering cfl with 12/12 light/dark (flowering the unknown 1 in there at the same time which is a 12/12 strain) but she looks much more healthy then the girls under the 250w hps with 20/4 light/dark.

They all smell nice. starting to stink the room up a bit!

picture.php

picture.php

Dargo, you seem a bit more relaxed now. They seem to have come into their own. They look like they are budding nicely. The canopy is fairly uniform, more so than i was expecting to see.

[Collect as much pollen as you can, male pollen is the key to auto flower back crossing.]

BH

That is where everyone goes wrong, you do not backcross to the negative traits of the AF parent.
You back cross to the non AF parent and inbreed furiously to regain the auto flower trait! Back crossing to the auto parent is the lazy way of stabilising auto's imho.
Just to my 2 cents.

Bighill

Dargo, the flower clusters look nice on that male, very nice structure, if you can see past the training.. He should do well as a stud. The gal you selected also looks good, hope you get some nice bean from her.

Gene, If you starting a new line from scratch i would avoid the male backcross, as yes it will just create more % of offspring showing his traits. Which could be the wrong direction for your project. How-ever we shouldn't just discount the male. When working an allready stable line, you can use a good stable male to keep pollen as a reference point. Which you might need to go back to later. i'll PM you, don't wana hyjack dargo's thread.

BH

dargo

I hope he does well, it was the only male out of 10 seeds so I didnt have much choice. he streched really bad under 12/12. the gap between internodes is over 6" at the bottom of the plant.

@Bighill

I am a bit more relaxed but im still worryed that im going to run into hermies in the summer with my greenhouse/outdoor grows off this seed run.

Im thinking about getting some sour60 and doing a quick seed run so I can add some variaty to the summer grows. I just got no space atall at the moment, both cabs are rammed!

Open pollen sack on the male

picture.php

Mr.Meds

Darg, that dutchmaster reverse will take care of your hermies... I'm trying it right now on two plants (ppp & nl5 X colum.r.h) and it's working. One of the plants if a full blown male and the other is a herm and the herm is reacting like crazy as the male seems to have stalled all male growth...too early to tell for sure but It's looking really promising. Good luck!

dargo

Day 35.

I moved the runt and the next smallest least developed plant into the 125w cfl grow cab to give the 6 best Mi5 more room & light, I tied the runt down but she snaped right at the base so is now in the compost bin with the male which I had to move to make way for the ones I moved up there.

I now have 8 girls. The 6 best fastest growing nicest smelling under 20/4 250w hps, and 2 under the 12/12 125w flowering cfl. 1 is the plant I hit with the pollen from my male (I hit her up over 3 days to unsure I got as many seeds as possible) and the other is the plant I moved from the hps cab.

The tallest is now 21" (back left in the photo) its the plant that I had the dropping accident with, I skinned her and she is missing a few branches and fan leaves from the bottom of the plant.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts