What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED grown Sour 60

C

cyber echo

heheheh....

good call on the LST S_a_H. Ur going to love it.
I'll never grow a plant un-LST'd again.

By the way, which of these phenos is the one thats going to be sold ?
Or is it a previous generation being sold that has all three in it ?

B

B. Self Reliant

Someone asked about UV. Maybe LEDgirl can jump in here and tell you herself, but if my memory serves me correctly, she said something along these lines in one of her threads:

She said that the competition's UV bulbs were bullshit because the UV bulbs they use are of the incorrect spectrum. The competition's spectrum is off by enough to make it BS. She hasn't included ANY UV bulbs because the bulbs required to put out the correct spectrum would be crazy expensive. I don't have time to look for the link right now, but if someone else can find it & post it that would be cool . . .

I think you can add a cheap UV bulb to your grow for a couple bucks though, without nullifying the benefits of the LED lights, such as heat, electricity usage, etc.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By the way, which of these phenos is the one thats going to be sold ?
Or is it a previous generation being sold that has all three in it ?

Actually I was just discussing this with MD and he is going to be posting about this directly.

S_a_H

C

ChynaRyder

Is this just a gentic 'freak' or could this be encouraged. How cool if it was fem seed. Super lst twins

sito007

hi i would like to say nice grow with the led light . my friend tried a led panel with all red 660nm but in my opinion the led's are good for resin build up but no good by itself in a grow cycle, you can add it with a hps but not just by itself, unless you looking for small pretty buds,lol j/k
anyways i'm going to watch this one
good luck and stay safe

LEDGirl

Veteran
Someone asked about UV. Maybe LEDgirl can jump in here and tell you herself, but if my memory serves me correctly, she said something along these lines in one of her threads:

She said that the competition's UV bulbs were bullshit because the UV bulbs they use are of the incorrect spectrum. The competition's spectrum is off by enough to make it BS. She hasn't included ANY UV bulbs because the bulbs required to put out the correct spectrum would be crazy expensive. I don't have time to look for the link right now, but if someone else can find it & post it that would be cool . . .

I think you can add a cheap UV bulb to your grow for a couple bucks though, without nullifying the benefits of the LED lights, such as heat, electricity usage, etc.

The UV that has positive effects on the potency of marijuana, is found at 285nm-315nm. 1W LED's in this range, run $90-$130 each, making them very costly to implement into grow lights. Some MFR's are going off of hype and gimmick, telling you their light has the added benefit of "UV", when they are using 390-420nm LED's. While this is the uppermost part of the UV spectrum, I have not seen any scientific data saying that it used or has any benefit.

You are correct that you can buy the proper UV in tube lights like T5's, for very cheap. $10-$15 can get you 4W-6W of supplemental UV that is easy to implement. Perhaps in the future when the proper UV's come down in price (say below $10 each), we will use them in our products, but for now I recommend people go with the cheaper alternative ;)

Technique

I was in watering them this morning and I found this. S60-T = Sour 60 Tall Pheno

S_a_H

I had this happen a few months back with my Chronic..

the weaker one ended up carking it. and the other one turned out to be male.. i spread his pollen over a white widow and have some nice dark big seeds now.

i was a bit excited at first of the twins. yours look a bit better as your small one isnt that small.. split em up when you can! and hopefully you'll get two girls. or maybe a boy girl. make sure you make them imbred.. could be interesting.

severian

Yes I have smoked some Sour 60...hold on a sec.....smokin it now....lol

But I really hate giving smoke reports. Back in 1996 I went to a Rush show at the Gorge in George, Wa and we slept out in a field after the show. Well long story short I got a severe sinus infection and smelled shit for months and months after that. I kept checking my shoes for dog shit...lol

So my taste and smell has been screwed up since then.

When it was growing I got more of a fruity smell and now that it has cured some its getting a citrus smell to it.

S_a_H

So it smells like dogshit?

severian

Thankya brother........

If these lights perform like the vendor says and these new seeds perform like the vendor says. I am going to have a kick ass AF grow goin on.:moon:

S_a_H

If these seeds perform as advertised -auto flower in 24 hr, from seed only 60 days, would that be something new? Are these the first commercially available seeds that can do this?

Gawd I hope these lights perform. Very important grow.

severian

That is a double sprout my friend and I feel is a good omen of these to come and I added it to much watch list.

I had wanted to try some LST and if both of these are female I think this is my first LST project.

S_a_H

How much more as a percent do you expect to yield from a double?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How much more as a percent do you expect to yield from a double?

No idea......

If these seeds perform as advertised -auto flower in 24 hr, from seed only 60 days, would that be something new? Are these the first commercially available seeds that can do this?

Gawd I hope these lights perform. Very important grow.

No there are others.

S_a_H

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gave them the first dose of ICC's Happy Frog Fruit & Flower mild tea mix this evening.

Temps in the room a nice even 80 degrees.

S_a_H

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi S_a_H, pulling up a seat for your test grow if thats ok
good luck with the lights and The Sour 60 twins
peace Shaun

I

IceColdCrickets

sweet! you should see growth excellerated growth now that you fed them.

How old are they now from planting?

Im making revisions to the ICC FoxFarm Organic method today and tomorrow, just to be sure everything is in there. Take a look, I will be adding a few things aswell.

ICC.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweet! you should see growth excellerated growth now that you fed them.

How old are they now from planting?

Im making revisions to the ICC FoxFarm Organic method today and tomorrow, just to be sure everything is in there. Take a look, I will be adding a few things aswell.

ICC.

It has been 8-9 days today.

I'll check it thanks.

S_a_H

Pulling up my chair for this. Its got 2 important aspects of interest. Sour 60 and LED! Can't wait to see the results and the road ahead.

Ibanezrg07yamah

The UV that has positive effects on the potency of marijuana, is found at 285nm-315nm. 1W LED's in this range, run $90-$130 each, making them very costly to implement into grow lights. Some MFR's are going off of hype and gimmick, telling you their light has the added benefit of "UV", when they are using 390-420nm LED's. While this is the uppermost part of the UV spectrum, I have not seen any scientific data saying that it used or has any benefit.

You are correct that you can buy the proper UV in tube lights like T5's, for very cheap. $10-$15 can get you 4W-6W of supplemental UV that is easy to implement. Perhaps in the future when the proper UV's come down in price (say below $10 each), we will use them in our products, but for now I recommend people go with the cheaper alternative ;)

Thats quite enlightnening, i have been hesistant to try the glorified UV LEDS. I once used a generic t5 blacklight for the first and last hours of light during flowering.
Is there a difference between UV and "Blacklights"? Im thinking tanning beds,UVA UVB, and all that.

I don't recall any noticeable gains in THC gland production, though it was a single plant grow and could not compare results to a control. I dont believe specification of the spectrum was available. I think a plant like an AF could benefit from a localized UV radiation given it be the correct spectrum.

Sounds like a contribution I would like to make to the AF community on my next grow.

"UV Sour 60 grow"

Ledgirl, do you have any recommendations for UV supplments in a CFL grow?

Were trying to get the most from the least, right?

I will start a new thread if this falls off-topic.

For some reason I have faith in the AF response to UV.

B

broadside

I've added a desert reptile UV10.0 23w CFL bulb to my led grow and my Diesl Ryders are loving it.

Mr.Meds

Where did you pick that up from broad? How much heat does it produce? I've heard the CMH (ceramic metal halide) give off a uv / uvb spectrum (which is my bulb of choice). But I'm not sure if that's quite getting the most for the least... If it's true that a standard blacklight omits uvb then I guess that'd be pretty close, if not those then the CFL?

Latest posts

Latest posts