What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED grown Sour 60

C

ChynaRyder

When I first saw it in mine, my first thought was, like you, that the plant was forming excess anthocyanins in response to the LED. I am not saying that you don't have enough nutes in your soil, it is that the root mass is being outgrown by the top, and the 'finding' and uptake of nutes just can't keep up??? LED Girl would not be seeing ths effect in any of her grows because of the hydro. just more speculation...you could probably do a college thesis on the orrigins of that color.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I first saw it in mine, my first thought was, like you, that the plant was forming excess anthocyanins in response to the LED. I am not saying that you don't have enough nutes in your soil, it is that the root mass is being outgrown by the top, and the 'finding' and uptake of nutes just can't keep up??? LED Girl would not be seeing ths effect in any of her grows because of the hydro. just more speculation...you could probably do a college thesis on the orrigins of that color.

Hmmmm I guess I better start searching out soil/LED grows and see if I can find a correlation between the two.

Btw S_a_H why arent you using coco anymore ?

Because having this test grow using the LED lights and the fact I have only one real coco-AF grow done I didn't want to screw up the plants by my mistakes being unfamilar with coco and having the test go tits up.

S_a_H

C

ChynaRyder

shitty pics of what I was seeing

didnt really seem to affect her, so I wouldnt worry too much. I'd hate to see you burn them with additional nutes on the basis of bad diagnosis.

LEDGirl

Veteran
I was moving shit around today and I toppled one over and it spilled out and I noticed this on bottom side of the leafs. The topside looks fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this before ?

S_a_H

I've only seen that in colder environments, where the room drops below say 70 degrees on occasion... Never grew any AF's though. It's certainly not a common thing I've seen on any of my own plants, especially in veg. Realistically though, my plants never fall below 80 degrees in veg. I still get the normal purple effect in the later stages of bloom, but that's because the plants fall below 70 degrees in their night cycle...

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've only seen that in colder environments, where the room drops below say 70 degrees on occasion... Never grew any AF's though. It's certainly not a common thing I've seen on any of my own plants, especially in veg. Realistically though, my plants never fall below 80 degrees in veg. I still get the normal purple effect in the later stages of bloom, but that's because the plants fall below 70 degrees in their night cycle...

I placed a thermometer under two of the beer cupped seedlings and let them sit there for an hour in the room under the lights and it read 74 degrees.

I restricted some of the incoming air and i'll check the temps again in an hour to see what it reads.

I do not have a night cycle the lights are on 24/7 for the next two months. Plus another month of 24/7 when I start germing my BOG seeds for the next run.

S_a_H

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am so looking forward to this grow.

Thankya brother........

If these lights perform like the vendor says and these new seeds perform like the vendor says. I am going to have a kick ass AF grow goin on.:moon:

S_a_H

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
Do you know the UV radiation of your LEDS?

Ask LEDgirl, she is the one that makes them. Though if I remember correctly she doesn't use any UV LED's and the rest would be rather low with no noticeable effect. Go to the vendor thread and ask her I'm sure she will be more than happy to answer if it hasn't been already.

sx646522

Watching this one for damn sure.

I was moving shit around today and I toppled one over and it spilled out and I noticed this on bottom side of the leafs. The topside looks fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this before ?

S_a_H

Maybe By-Tor stopped by and pissed on your plants while you were sleeping? He always was a son of a bitch. Best to collect the Snow Dog and go kick his ass, Mr. Covenant...

Hopefully it's nothing but a phenotype trait, and the plants will continue to grow nice and healthy. It doesn't strictly sound like a mild phosphorus deficiency; read here for more:

Purple Color Underside of Leaves
Symptoms of Chemical Disorders

Cheers,

-SX

P.S. Looks like Revelstone Entertainment's optioned the story of your life for a movie - wonder if it'll ever actually get made? Perhaps by 2112...

Ok, enough of that. :)

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watching this one for damn sure.

Maybe By-Tor stopped by and pissed on your plants while you were sleeping? He always was a son of a bitch. Best to collect the Snow Dog and go kick his ass, Mr. Covenant...

Hopefully it's nothing but a phenotype trait, and the plants will continue to grow nice and healthy. It doesn't strictly sound like a mild phosphorus deficiency; read here for more:

Purple Color Underside of Leaves
Symptoms of Chemical Disorders

Cheers,

-SX

P.S. Looks like Revelstone Entertainment's optioned the story of your life for a movie - wonder if it'll ever actually get made? Perhaps by 2112...

Ok, enough of that. :)

No worries about the movie Christopher Moltisanti is writitng and producing it.

I'll check out those links and see what they have to say.

Thanks

SaH

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was in watering them this morning and I found this. S60-T = Sour 60 Tall Pheno

S_a_H

Attachments

• twins 001 [1024x768].JPG
    twins 001 [1024x768].JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 16

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is a double sprout my friend and I feel is a good omen of these to come and I added it to much watch list.

I had wanted to try some LST and if both of these are female I think this is my first LST project.

S_a_H