What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED grown Sour 60

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok here is the last batch of seedlings for the test grow.

Later on this afternoon i'll put them into cups.

These are the tall pheno Sour 60 seeds that I got from MD and I got 10 for 10 on the germ.

They are loving the LED lights on the one picture you can see the tap root is longer then the seedling itself.

S_a_H

Attachments

• ghjh 001 [1024x768].jpg
    ghjh 001 [1024x768].jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 18
  • ghjh 002 [1024x768].JPG
    ghjh 002 [1024x768].JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 19

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
yes sir they are it is a cool test if led girls are better ill definately be gettin some i never used these before they were a gift from my gurl ive been pissed off and bummed out since we moved i left the sticks and moved back to the city so i lost my room i had worked so hard over the years to a place where i have no room at all but i got a nice closet now so im back to normal
if mine arent cutiing it i will definately add some sort of supplementary under my canopy cfls or i saw these led bulbs that screw into a normal socket like a cfl
peace

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey S_A_H, what's the length of that rack your using?

The shelves on that rack are 18" x 48" but as soon as they really start sexing and I start tossing the males and I up pot them. I'll change over to a 2' x 5' shelf I have yet to put together. Putting up to 21 females on it and if I can clear a solid ounce per plant i'll be happy to get a pound and a half every 2 months at 6 runs per year. 24/7

I just ran some of the Sour 60 plants under a 400w HPS using a old bulb on 18/6 because I don't have enough cash to buy a new one and I got about 3/4 of an O to just under a whole O per plant.

Half way through this grow I am going to start 10 BOG Bogglegum seeds and they should get a good month of vegging before I drop them into flower.

S_a_H

Last edited:

dirtyshawa

The shelves on that rack are 18" x 48" but as soon as they really start sexing and I start tossing the males and I up pot them. I'll change over to a 2' x 5' shelf I have yet to put together. Putting up to 24 females on it and if I can clear a solid ounce per plant i'll be happy to get a pound and a half every 2 months at 6 runs per year. 24/7

I just ran some of the Sour 60 plants under a 400w HPS using a old bulb on 18/6 because I don't have enough cash to buy a new one and I got about 3/4 of an O to just under a whole O per plant.

Half way through this grow I am going to start 10 BOG Bogglegum seeds and they should get a good month of vegging before I drop them into flower.

S_a_H

looking good, keep up the good work. why i ask is, i'm trying to find out how many can i fit in a 4x4 tent

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good, keep up the good work. why i ask is, i'm trying to find out how many can i fit in a 4x4 tent

How are you planning on growing them ?

Depends on the size of pot you plan on using.

I am using 8"x8" so I can get 3 pots deep on a 24" deep shelf and 7 wide on a 60" long shelf for 21 plants.

S_a_H

dirtyshawa

How are you planning on growing them ?

Depends on the size of pot you plan on using.

I am using 8"x8" so I can get 3 pots deep on a 24" deep shelf and 7 wide on a 60" long shelf for 21 plants.

S_a_H

well, i'm not gonna use a shelf, just pots. i'll probably do 15 plants, small bushes something like a sog in coco but, closer to bushes in size. it looks like the 3 lights saturate the 48in length on your rack, is that safe to say?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok the last of them are in cups. Here are three I picked out that just came up and are going to be under the LED from start to finish. If they are all males i'll pick a couple others to carry on with. #70 , #72 , #76 , #77

I'll give specific updates on these three and general updates on the rest.

S_a_H

Attachments

• #70 [1024x768].JPG
    #70 [1024x768].JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 20
  • #72 [1024x768].JPG
    #72 [1024x768].JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 20
  • #77 [1024x768].JPG
    #77 [1024x768].JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 22
  • twins 001 [1024x768].JPG
    twins 001 [1024x768].JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I

IceColdCrickets

Putting up to 21 females on it and if I can clear a solid ounce per plant i'll be happy to get a pound and a half every 2 months at 6 runs per year. 24/7

S_a_H

Is this the normal yield for Sour 60? and what size of pots they going to end up in?

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this the normal yield for Sour 60? and what size of pots they going to end up in?

I dunno but MD said he was getting a O under a 600w light as I recall off the top of my head. I think it was in his thread about Sour 60 in his vendor area.

I got about 3/4 of an O on one and alittle more on another so I am hoping with this new light technology and your soil method I think I should do pretty good. Even though I was growing in coco and that usually does somewhat better it was my first real crack at growing AF's in it. So I had some ups and downs with it and I think that affected my yield.

7.5" x 7.5" x 8.75 is the size I am going to be using.

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=COGCS07HD&eq=&Tp=

S_a_H

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was moving shit around today and I toppled one over and it spilled out and I noticed this on bottom side of the leafs. The topside looks fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this before ?

S_a_H

Attachments

• hgfh 004.jpg
    hgfh 004.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 15
C

cyber echo

Ouch.
Thats one dead plant.
Early purpling ?
I havnt seen anything turn purple at that age.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ I have seen that on one of my plants before, forgot the strain, I know it was not a DJ strain,

I thought mine was from cold induced temps, but who remembers..

C

ChynaRyder

my oldest bluestreak girl was showing a funky purple spotting on the underside of the fans, not quite like yours, but very similar. ICC called a sign of stress, and a trait of lowryder. At the time it appeared, the only stress she was under was nute deff. due to me being unfamiliar with the strain. I am not seeing it on other plants now that I have raised nute levels. Speculation: they are growing at such a rapid rate due to the optimization of PAR from the LED, that nutrient uptake is not keeping up with demand? Did not seem to have any long term impact.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am using Fox Farm Ocean Soil and have given them a shot of ICC's tea so they should have enough nutes for being a seedling.

I wasn't sure if it had something to do with the light spectrums from the LED setup.

** I checked my temps and I am about 76-78 and a low of 72 so I do not think its temps. Now that is air temp so I placed a thermometer under 2 of the plastic beer cups and i'll check it to see what those temps are in about an hour.

S_a_H

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts