What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IceColdCrickets

sorry guys! been to busy to get on, here is your answer, when you put your AFs into 12hours of light each day or less it slows them down and they develope more loose buds and tend to stay smaller. There is nothing really wrong with it as you need to do 12/12 for your NON AF strains to flower. You will still get some nice buds from your AFs in 12/12 , but again they wont be as good as they would've been with 18 hours of light or more per day.

As for yours being only 2-3 weeks out from harvest they could stretch out the buds a bit in search of more light and you could still end up with looser lower yeilding buds as AFs put on most of thier end yeild during the last 4-3 weeks of the growth cycle.

Hope that helps
ICC.

grasper

might yield less.......... they aren't gonna die on you bro just cuz you decrease
the light, lol calm down

Chiya

:rolleyes: LOL ya got a "Sister" here not a bro Grasper. Even we Ladies grow too. :tongue:

Thanks to you both ICC and Grasper.

I am going to just continue my PITA schedule of moving till the AF's finish. I am pretty sure the bag girls will still need 12/12 cabinet time even after that.

And next time ... nnep and I will both plan ahead a bit better. :eek:

C

ChynaRyder

If it were me, I would whack the bagseed plant into as many clones as you can flower in your cab, let the clones root, then veg a bit while the af's finish. As soon as the af's are done, go to 12/12 and flower the clones. You will probably end up with more herb all around this way, better finish on the af's, and more yield from the mutiple clones. my:2cents:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic TEA: Using Fox Farm Peace Of Mind Fruit and Flower ( 5-8-4 ).
This is one of the easiest ways to make an organic based TEA, that is like giving your AF plants steriods. You will see incresed growth after the first 24 hours. I make this TEA again using the Fox Farm Peace Of Mind Fruit and Flower ( 5-8-4 ). This form of grow is considered in my eyes slightly HOT and is strain dependent, so adjust where needed. After one run you can dial it in to each specific strain you use. Feedings with this TEA are very easy and and go in 2 week intervals,, The First Feeding starts on day 7-10, 17-21(sexing), 28 (pre-mid flowering), 42 (flowering), 56 (Ripening), Flush, Harvest.

NOTE: You can use anothing dry mix Organic feritilzer called Black Gold® Rose & Flower
4-6-2 for a bit lighter food,, Use this the same way as you do the Fox Farm Fruit and Flower. I am currently doing a test of the 2 differernt ferts and will show you the differece. They are both still using the Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Mix, so far the only variation between the 2 are the FoxFarm Fruit and Flower is just slightly bigger, I will continue the comparison and update.

Gnomes,

Is it possible to use this in coco ? If not anything you think of that could be used in its place in coco ?

S_a_H

Chiya

ChynaRyder says:
If it were me, I would whack the bagseed plant into as many clones as you can flower in your cab, let the clones root, then veg a bit while the af's finish. As soon as the af's are done, go to 12/12 and flower the clones. You will probably end up with more herb all around this way, better finish on the af's, and more yield from the mutiple clones. my:2cents:

They are pretty far into flowering so from what I have read probably not a good idea. The only 2 of the 5 little AF Short Stuff that turned out to be female were freebies and I am using them to fine tune my cabinet mostly. I'm aiming for AF's and not really set up for clones.

I really want them both finished I have White Russian; Blue Himalaya; Easy Ryder; all Auto Fems waiting in the wings to get started. :woohoo:

I

IceColdCrickets

Gnomes,

Is it possible to use this in coco ? If not anything you think of that could be used in its place in coco ?

S_a_H

Hey SaH, I dont use coco as it compacts to easy on young roots for me to like it. It could be used in coco Im sure but I would stick with the MILD TEA, in my experience coco doesnt buffer from newt burn very well.

So, give it a try and please post up the results.:joint:

ICC:joint:

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey SaH, I dont use coco as it compacts to easy on young roots for me to like it. It could be used in coco Im sure but I would stick with the MILD TEA, in my experience coco doesnt buffer from newt burn very well.

So, give it a try and please post up the results.:joint:

I do add perlite to my coco mix.

But because of other issues I have had in started seeds in the coco I have been starting them in the FFOS and when they sex I transplant into the coco and go from there.

Thanks

grow1620

hi! At the store the other day,I saw some FF happy frog - peace of mind - fruit and flower but it was in a bag...is this the same stuff? I can't remember for sure if it was 5-8-4 but I think so...if the numbers are the same it should be the same stuff you use right? maybe just new packaging? I'm interested in using your method but I want to make sure I get it right. thanks!

I

IceColdCrickets

hey grow1620, I have used the HAPPY FROG Fruit and Flower,, and i really dont know why Fox Farm made this one aswell, other then the Peace of Mind. HF has other ingredients into it making it a more white looking substance, where POM is much more dark. I dont know what the differences are but I will contact FoxFarm and ask. What I did notice was the HF seems burn sensitive plants when young, where the POM didn't.

EMAIL SENT, i will update with thier reply.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought the purpose of Happy Frog was to start seedlings in as it was less likely to burn then the Ocean Soil.

S_a_H

I

IceColdCrickets

Hey SaH , we are talking about the Dry Mix Fertilizer, not the soil. Fox Farm makes a Fruit and Flower Dry mix under both Peace of Mind and Happy Frog, we are trying to find out the differences, and here is the reply from FOXFARM from the email I sent yesterday.

"Good Morning,

There is not a difference between Happy Frog and Peace of Mind fertilizers. As far as one burning I am not sure how that can happen as this is 100% organic. I have used double the dosage and experienced no burning.

Also, regarding the difference in color; the raw material we use was in bigger chunks and now it is in a powdery form.

Thank you,"

So it would appear that there is no difference in the 2 products so i really don't know why the HF burned and the POM didnt. and i really dont understand why they made 2 of the same products, under different names??? very odd, marketing scam?? Also, the comment about it NOT being able to BURN because it is organic, is PURE BULLSHIT, no matter what it is, if it is too hot it will burn no matter what... So, I will stick with the POM, or bro you can always use the BLACK GOLD brand Rose and Flower, same shit, just different NPK, sometimes I think it is a better product.

socbutter

Your recipe for Northern Lights etc

Your recipe for Northern Lights etc

Have you used the same method for growing non-AF strains, i.e., Northern Lights:joint:

I

IceColdCrickets

yes i use this method on all my strains, NON AF or AF, my bro does a SCROG setup using clones and this method with his SUPER SILVER HAZE. very large yeilds! and so easy to do. I will Try to get him to let me take some pics, but he is very strict on that kinda shit so here's hoping.

Batboy

Hey SaH , we are talking about the Dry Mix Fertilizer, not the soil. Fox Farm makes a Fruit and Flower Dry mix under both Peace of Mind and Happy Frog, we are trying to find out the differences, and here is the reply from FOXFARM from the email I sent yesterday.

"Good Morning,

There is not a difference between Happy Frog and Peace of Mind fertilizers. As far as one burning I am not sure how that can happen as this is 100% organic. I have used double the dosage and experienced no burning.

Also, regarding the difference in color; the raw material we use was in bigger chunks and now it is in a powdery form.

Thank you,"

So it would appear that there is no difference in the 2 products so i really don't know why the HF burned and the POM didnt. and i really dont understand why they made 2 of the same products, under different names??? very odd, marketing scam?? Also, the comment about it NOT being able to BURN because it is organic, is PURE BULLSHIT, no matter what it is, if it is too hot it will burn no matter what... So, I will stick with the POM, or bro you can always use the BLACK GOLD brand Rose and Flower, same shit, just different NPK, sometimes I think it is a better product.

The local hydro store know-it-all informed me today that FF is discontinuing their Peace of Mind line and everything will be covered under the Happy Frog name. That is the only thing that could explain why they'd have identical, competing products. Although it is strange that the email response from FF would not mention it.

Batboy

yes i use this method on all my strains, NON AF or AF, my bro does a SCROG setup using clones and this method with his SUPER SILVER HAZE. very large yeilds! and so easy to do. I will Try to get him to let me take some pics, but he is very strict on that kinda shit so here's hoping.

Just to confirm, you use the Fruit & Flower fert in your soil and tea, even during veg for non-auto plants??

grow1620

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this ICC..I'm going to give it a try.

Batboy..thanks for the info as well.

I

IceColdCrickets

Just to confirm, you use the Fruit & Flower fert in your soil and tea, even during veg for non-auto plants??.

well yes, but there are differences with NON AF plants and clones, I do add the Dry Mix Fert to the soil when doing long vegging or mother plants, and only Feed it Mild Tea every 7-10 days if needed, until flowering. Short vegging clones used in a SOG or similar sized plants I dont add the fert to the soil and I just follow the AF feeding schedule.

The best word of addvice is to know you strains and there Nutrient requirements. More then 1 run with the same strain with this method will always prove more productive, unless you lucky enough to dial it in perfect the 1st run. This method is very well tollerated by most plants, so getting good results is a no brainer if you follow the directions.

Teefers

The local hydro store know-it-all informed me today that FF is discontinuing their Peace of Mind line and everything will be covered under the Happy Frog name. That is the only thing that could explain why they'd have identical, competing products. Although it is strange that the email response from FF would not mention it.

I talked to my guy and he said the same. Something about how Happy Frog(HF) seemed to market better than Peace of Mind(PoM). He couldn't even order PoM anymore. HF seems to be the only option for me.

Thanks,
T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.