What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IceColdCrickets

beyound even taste we should all be doing a good flush as if im right the cancer from smoking epidemic didnt even arrive until tobacco started to get grown chemically as opposed to organically and when u smoke it the metals from the fertz get into your system and reek havoc on your health, i think cannabis is no differant in this aspect, give me some flavour or zero flavour but keep the harsh improperly flushed weed away but for once in a while.

Organics are King.

geekusa

IceColdCrickets:

When I started my grow I used your soil formula, now the girls are 31 days old. They have not gotten any tea yet, as I had to wait to pick up an air stone. I now have the air stone broken in. Would you recommend 1 or 2 table spoons for the first bath? Right now they are loving the LST, and each day I'm getting a few new bud sites popping up.

How long would you wait after a transplant, before you give the first tea?

Thanks for the advice,

I

IceColdCrickets

IceColdCrickets:

When I started my grow I used your soil formula, now the girls are 31 days old. They have not gotten any tea yet, as I had to wait to pick up an air stone. I now have the air stone broken in. Would you recommend 1 or 2 table spoons for the first bath? Right now they are loving the LST, and each day I'm getting a few new bud sites popping up.

How long would you wait after a transplant, before you give the first tea?

Thanks for the advice,

Glad you tryed it out,, how are they doing without the feeding for so long? Got any pics? Since you havent given them anything I would start with the MILD TEA, as you dont want to shock them, you need to get them used to the high food supply.

I feed 1 or 2 times before transplant and then just stick to the schedule, but I do transplant between feedings, so 3 - 4 days.

What AF are you doing?

geekusa

Glad you tryed it out,, how are they doing without the feeding for so long? Got any pics? Since you havent given them anything I would start with the MILD TEA, as you dont want to shock them, you need to get them used to the high food supply.

I feed 1 or 2 times before transplant and then just stick to the schedule, but I do transplant between feedings, so 3 - 4 days.

What AF are you doing?

3x: LowLife White Russian *1 in flower, 2 in veg*
2x: LowLife Hindu Kush *1 in flower, 1 in veg*
1x: Diesel Ryder. *flower*

The three that are in flower are doing great, I'm also 6 for 6 with getting females using this formula.

Being it's my first grow I'm still learning as I go, so the ones in flower have been transplanted three times. The ones in VEG are just getting one transplant.

But overall they look very healthy, and the ones in VEG are starting to really take off.

Will get some pics today!

I

IceColdCrickets

i will update pics later today, and I may harvest one of the Indica Dom LR#2. She is very Skunky and ripe. I cant wait to try the smoke out, smells very dank, I hope the smell crosses over into the taste. I will havest everything in about 7-10 days. I will update with yeild and smoke report when they are dried,, and then again after a 3-4 week cure.

ICC:smoke:

Buddle

Veteran
Awesome thread ICC. I agree it should be made a sticky.
I also agree its a good time to teach ourselves about these AF's.They are here to stay and being improved upon at a rapid pace.Thx for sharing your findings with us.
I've got a spare 400 hps and 60 Diesel Ryder f2's I traded for..I'll post some pics when I get them rolling..peace

I

IceColdCrickets

Awesome thread ICC. I agree it should be made a sticky.
I also agree its a good time to teach ourselves about these AF's.They are here to stay and being improved upon at a rapid pace.Thx for sharing your findings with us.
I've got a spare 400 hps and 60 Diesel Ryder f2's I traded for..I'll post some pics when I get them rolling..peace

Glad you are trying the AFs with a 400, most people grow them in small conditions, thanks for joining the 400Watt AF club!! You will enjoy them.

I

IceColdCrickets

I put some new pics up, harvested 2 plants, the rest will be done in 5 days. or less. I will add the extra info later today.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SOME PICTURES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE FULL SIZED! size restrictions suck ass! That pic is a killer close up,, where can i post it full sized?

ICC.:joint:

Do you mean like this ?

picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SOME PICTURES SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE FULL SIZED! size restrictions suck ass! That pic is a killer close up,, where can i post it full sized?

You just posted this^

but earlier on Aug 7, you posted this

please someone tell me how to post pics smaller so you can click on them to make them bigger,, not attachments but smaller pics, that you click on,, i have seen it done here and it would really make the thread easier to read and see.

Those must be some good AFs you are smoking if you can't remember how you first posted images full size haha

sodaman

way to grow

way to grow

Very cool thread, and great information about a commonly misunderstood/fledgling niche of Cannabis.
Whether or not these stack up to 'normal' flowering strains is less important in the big picture (in my mind) than getting people growing their own who would otherwise be restricted due to space, knowledge, experience, etc.
I'm starting my journey down the AF road this year and am quite excited to see what happens.

good luck to all.
:friends:

I

IceColdCrickets

hahaha NO, I dont want to make the full sized pic in thread to keep it looking neat,, BUT when you click on it, it doesn't show full sized pics as when it is uploaded to the album it is resized by ICMAG. I was wondering for an off site location to post pics full sized. This pic is 1700x2400 far to large for the 1000 x 1000 size restriction ICMAG has.

*mr.mike*

beyound even taste we should all be doing a good flush as if im right the cancer from smoking epidemic didnt even arrive until tobacco started to get grown chemically as opposed to organically and when u smoke it the metals from the fertz get into your system and reek havoc on your health, i think cannabis is no differant in this aspect, give me some flavour or zero flavour but keep the harsh improperly flushed weed away but for once in a while.

Actually, no, none of that is true. While tobacco and cannabis both emit many of the same carcinogenic compounds when burned, and cannabis smoke has been called a carcinogen under California state law, the most recent and reliable research concerning tobacco and cancer in humans clearly points to nicotine as the culprit.

Other studies concerning cannabis alone suggest that well cured, slow burning (smoldering) buds seem to produce much more "bad stuff" than quick-burning cannabis.

So if you're REALLY concerned... dry it fast.
(I'll just say that nitrates and such are known to make nitrosoamines)

There are plenty of ferts that you use amounts of that you can't even flush out, because there is nothing to flush. Think of stuff like the Schultz brand, or a lot of "industrial" tomato foods that are feed as you water, never any build up. I've grown the same strain side by side in fancy dirt and in rockwool - you couldn't tell the difference.

starswarm

Actually, no, none of that is true. While tobacco and cannabis both emit many of the same carcinogenic compounds when burned, and cannabis smoke has been called a carcinogen under California state law, the most recent and reliable research concerning tobacco and cancer in humans clearly points to nicotine as the culprit.

Other studies concerning cannabis alone suggest that well cured, slow burning (smoldering) buds seem to produce much more "bad stuff" than quick-burning cannabis.

So if you're REALLY concerned... dry it fast.
(I'll just say that nitrates and such are known to make nitrosoamines)

There are plenty of ferts that you use amounts of that you can't even flush out, because there is nothing to flush. Think of stuff like the Schultz brand, or a lot of "industrial" tomato foods that are feed as you water, never any build up. I've grown the same strain side by side in fancy dirt and in rockwool - you couldn't tell the difference.

Maybe YOU can't tell the difference! Any excess nutrients absorbed but not used by the plant remain. How else do you think we use markers to study plant genetics. If you are going to use information related to studies, CITE THE STUDY! You have oversimplified the biochemistry to the point of absurdity. The fibers of the rockwool will do more damage than smoking the pot. Flushing does work! Get a set of chromatograph scans of flushed and non flushed plants. The chemical differences are obvious.

I

IceColdCrickets

There i think i have everything in order now,, please post any questions about the Method. I will explain the best I can.

ICC. :joint:

I

IceColdCrickets

If you deside to try this method PLEASE post your results up here so people can see for themselves how well it really works.

cueball93

hi everybody! just thought id let u know that im also growing three LR#2 auto atm using my own methods.And ICC, this thread has been a REAL help mate!cheers :)

whilst mine wont be NEARLY as good as yours, ill stick some pics up soon if yo dont mind mate :) once again, Awesome thread.

nnep

I have an odd question, but i'll shoot since this seems to be the expert AF hangout.

I originally started a bagseed about 14 days ahead of my AK47xLR#2s. Now i have two options ideally here, veg my bagseed which is thriving right now, long enough to outlast my AFs so i don't have to mess with my 20/4 light schedule. Or take all of my plants and 12/12 them in about 2 weeks. I doubt i can actually do the first option since i have a micro grow and my plant would absolutely be fucking massive if i did this.

i guess my main question, has anyone ever tried this, and would this hypothetically stunt the plant? Sadly enough i only have one cabinet and this wasn't planned out in advance.

Chiya

I have been waiting for DAYS for an answer to your question nnep. I have the same problem. :1help:

I have some bag seed that are already into flower phase and some AF that are in thier flower phase as well. I would love to know what putting the whole cabinet into a 12/12 will do to my AF's?

To keep them both going I have been moving the much larger bag seeds out of the cabinet after 12 hours to a dark closet then back in the morning. It's doing a great job but is a PITA.

My AF's ... 1 approx 2 weeks from harvest and the other more like 3 weeks from harvest. What would putting them on a 12/12 now do to them?

Some one please read and give us an answer? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.