What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My secrets of success with True AFs.

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

raz1012

Yeah good point about the 36 hour dark before harvest it definitely gives it a final boost.

I also think its important to let the soil dry out for several days before final chop as it makes drying and curing that much easier.

Rose56

Excellent work ICC! I definitely will be trying some of your tricks on my next go round. What size pots do you like to use?

Mr G

Very good read. I'm still working up to my first grow, but i'm almost positive it will be autoflowers in organic. Using your method, around how much do you yield per plant? I will be flowering under a 150w hps most likely with 3-5 plants in 3gal tree pots.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My soil is just too dense and hot for AFs. All my attempts with it have resulted in burned, stunted, extremely slow growing plants.

Here's a Mossy's Jem I have going that just passed 6 weeks of veg.

It's a girl, she just started putting out hairs.

Day 45

picture.php

picture.php

As you can see, that's pitiful for 45 days of growth, and the plant is under plenty of lights.

I want to see some AFs grow as quick and as beautiful as yours!

But, I'd actually I'd be happy with results better than what you see above haha.

So I picked up some Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Mix and Fox Farm Peace Of Mind Fruit and Flower ( 5-8-4 ) and will be trying your method asap!

indifferent

Veteran
So anyone recommend a potent AF then? I tried both LRs and both were low potency, I;ve not followed the recent breeding developments with AFs, I saw a positive report on diesel ryder recently.

I

IceColdCrickets

Proven higher potency AFs far stronger then LowRyder,

Mossy's JEMS
Master Low
Diesel Ryder
LowAsis
BlueStreak

Get them direct, becareful MDs strains are ripped off a lot ,, because they are just that good.

Better Hybrids are being made all the time, keep watching for more. AF Movement unite!

I

IceColdCrickets

what's the deal with LowAsis? i have never heard of these before.

My own creation, been working on it for a long time 5 yrs now,, look at my gallery. It is LR ,, backcross to NL#2. I was trying to make a more NL dominant plant and give it much more flavor and potency then the Original LR, it was my first project with AFs. Now almost done,, should have taken a much shorter time to produce but you know how things go with moving and what not. She is one sexy lady I will do a run of her soon, you know what ,, i will start it in a day or 2, you got me motivated.

I see someone has a strain called Poison Dwarf available,, it looks like they share common heritage,, it has nothing to do with mine, or at least i hope it doesn't... I gave out some seeds a long time ago, F1s and F2s back on HB.net... oh well whop knows. All i know is mine is good, i might share one day.

ICC.:joint:

geekusa

My own creation, been working on it for a long time 5 yrs now,, look at my gallery. It is LR ,, backcross to NL#2. I was trying to make a more NL dominant plant and give it much more flavor and potency then the Original LR, it was my first project with AFs. Now almost done,, should have taken a much shorter time to produce but you know how things go with moving and what not. She is one sexy lady I will do a run of her soon, you know what ,, i will start it in a day or 2, you got me motivated.

I see someone has a strain called Poison Dwarf available,, it looks like they share common heritage,, it has nothing to do with mine, or at least i hope it doesn't... I gave out some seeds a long time ago, F1s and F2s back on HB.net... oh well whop knows. All i know is mine is good, i might share one day.

ICC.:joint:

I've got some outdoor poison dwarf that's getting close to finished. I'll get you some macros, if it can help you compare.

Dog5tar

Hey everyone, for those of you that dont know me,, i have been working AFs for the past 6 yrs, a few weeks after JointDoctor released his first batch of pure LR#1, I saw the light early and began my madness. ICC.:joint:

Dude,

I'm on my third batch of AFs - just love them to bits - I gotta say, your technique is sublime and your results are outstanding, I will deffo follow your progress - top marks for your contribution to the AF bible.:):)

Dog5tar

So anyone recommend a potent AF then? I tried both LRs and both were low potency, I;ve not followed the recent breeding developments with AFs, I saw a positive report on diesel ryder recently.

I've grown LR#2 in 10" tubs, using a combination of patio & windowsill plus 4 hours of HPS a day once flowering begins, and the strength of the smoke is spot on for me. Nowhere near as potent as top grade skunk I'll admit, but a nice hazy high nonetheless. Certainly far better than any of the crap brick that's about on the street.

I've got some Russian Rocket fuel on the go right now, which is a NYCD variant, so will be interested to know what this is like. I also grew some of Mdanzig's Blue ryder, and mixed 50/50 with the LR#2, gives a full all over stone that's quite amazing.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a 6" pot, filled it with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Mix and watered it until I had runoff.

The soil has compacted down and seems pretty "wet" and "dense".

Do you fluff up the soil at this point? or do you just stick the seed into this wet/dense soil and leave it?

I don't understand how you could need to water this soil every 2 days. It seems to be holding enough moisture for at least a week, if not more.

I

IceColdCrickets

I took a 6" pot, filled it with Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Mix and watered it until I had runoff.

The soil has compacted down and seems pretty "wet" and "dense".

Do you fluff up the soil at this point? or do you just stick the seed into this wet/dense soil and leave it?

I don't understand how you could need to water this soil every 2 days. It seems to be holding enough moisture for at least a week, if not more.

well my humidity is down to 30-20% all the time, so it needs more water. but it is acctually not as dense as you may think it drys out pretty fast aftet the plants get about 2weeks old, they leach it up fast.

As for planting ,, take a small stick or nail, and mix the soil about a 2 inch sqare and make it loose, pat lightly down, and plant seed no more then 1/2 inch deep and cover with soil,, water again with just a little water so the soil compacts around the seed.. I can make a vid of this if you like,, ya seems like a good idea. I will do it tonight.

starswarm

I agree. plant directly into soil / soiless mix. Using pellets (in my experiments) seem to inhibit root development. I soak seeds in a dilute seaweed /casting tea for a strong start. It's important to prepare the grow medium. It is just as alive as the plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.