What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Unique or Strongest Tasting Strains You've Experienced

Hello friends, :tiphat:

Looking for your picks for the most unique or strongest tasting strains you've experienced?

I'm slowly amassing a collection of strains and now I think I want to start adding unique and strong tastes.

Thank you.

G

Original Delicatessens - Lilly
Joey Weeds - Sugarberry; F2'd by MJPassions
Richard Williams Seed Company - Back to the Congo

rykus

Not sure how the seed line worked out but the original Congo cut has a crazy tropical fruit aroma and the taste is no less noteworthy.

I smelled some extract from her too that was equally just a must try smell to it... Think it was live resin but can't recall was a year ago or more, but in dab form it actually hit hard as well, we're as smoking it I found it a bit lite for my tastes....

Fast for a NLD too...

G

I enjoy threads like this and don't want to distract.
In reply to the question here is a smoke report from my first harvest of this incredible plant.
Here is my post, #55 in this thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304233&page=6

"Hey BTTC fans. I slowed down this summer due to higher temps than I could handle. The only harvest I pulled off I think was compromised. With that said the quality of the flowers is remarkable and most of the accounts about BTTC seems true. Very masculine during flower and after. Cures up to evoke textures like leather chairs, cigars, burning oil wells in Iraq, savory foods cooked outside with wood. And a hint of herbal that you notice because it is so out of place. The high is good. It will reach you daily smokers no problem. I like it for a daytime companion. These shots are about day 34. She didn't stretch on me this time, but I have been changing up multiple factors in the grow room and am not too concerned."

2000pm

I still think about the taste and smell of the KaliChina x Orient Express limited release from Ace from time to time. Fruity meat and cheese plate cured funk, really complex savory stuff on the flavor much like the smell. I will likely fit it into one of my next few runs again.

Also agree on the original delicatessen line - I've done Alice, Queen Mother and Upstream so far and they've all been a really nice sweet/sour, flowery, pefumey, fruity, milky some combination of those! Lilly is next on my list from them I hear there is a really nice pineapple there.

The green apple smell and flavor of Tom Hill X-18 is also pretty unique from most of the stuff other there.

Personally i feel like anything grown outdoors will have GREAT taste and smell, if cured correctly.

In amsterdam the only strain that i really felt to be different from all the others in regards of taste and smell was Sensi seed's Jack herer, that smell is unique!

Lung.Butter

karma headbanger and lemon alien are the tastiest ive done in the last year.
stardawg and venom og were very nice too. i need some new flavours too though, most my stuff is og or deisel tasting.
been think about trying some durban/hybrids.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
this an easy one... jock horror by nirvana.. bought these seeds about 10years ago.. I think the pack was $15.. one of the plants was 'ass-kickin'... unfort being old n stupid, did not take any cuttings... afterwards went thru 2+ packs trying to find that pheno...no luck... tried the 'real' jack herer... nothing even close..

since that time have spent loads of $$$ on seeds, serious,reeferman, chimera,sammy the skunk,rez (yes I was the one overloading the server), sensi, mr nice... etc..etc.. and nothing close... recently we have moved onto 'ace'.. the jury is still out, but I;m not confident...early results are lagging...

need4weed

Veteran
this an easy one... jock horror by nirvana.. bought these seeds about 10years ago.. I think the pack was $15.. one of the plants was 'ass-kickin'... unfort being old n stupid, did not take any cuttings... afterwards went thru 2+ packs trying to find that pheno...no luck... tried the 'real' jack herer... nothing even close..

since that time have spent loads of $$$ on seeds, serious,reeferman, chimera,sammy the skunk,rez (yes I was the one overloading the server), sensi, mr nice... etc..etc.. and nothing close... recently we have moved onto 'ace'.. the jury is still out, but I;m not confident...early results are lagging...

While most of the breeders you have listed no doubt have strong meds most of it is very much same same. I feel the magic was back in the day when hybridisation was in its infancy and true parental lines were being used. Yes modern hybrids are strong and have copius amounts of resin but they are all a cross of a cross of a cross. I think the odd plant that you talk about may well be a once in a lifetime for most of us

Big buds

Yes The jack is so different I love the taste and smell,just returned from Jamica they have some killer shit over there brought back some seeds so I will be posting photos once I get going.

Yeah for me, I've been smoking my own stuff for the last few years and haven't tried much anything else. But a friend had some stuff called Grape-something that was such a pleasant taste that I realized I needed to expand my horizons. My collection has always been comprised of the heaviest hitters I can find but I really want to start adding strong tastes.

I see a lot of hydro taste additives, I wonder how much taste is genetics versus grower manipulation? Especially since we all seem that have that experience where one smoke will blow our minds but then we can't find it again.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
While most of the breeders you have listed no doubt have strong meds most of it is very much same same. I feel the magic was back in the day when hybridisation was in its infancy and true parental lines were being used. Yes modern hybrids are strong and have copius amounts of resin but they are all a cross of a cross of a cross. I think the odd plant that you talk about may well be a once in a lifetime for most of us

AGREE.... as u say the modern hybrids are strong, but they lack the 'high' of yesteryear.... n u are rite, it mite be once in a lifetime pheno... I have not found anything close to that jock, and after growing and harvesting dozens and dozens of diff seeds usually for at least '2' grows (we now take cuttings), I have just about given up finding anything like that jock...

Happy Times

Hello friends, :tiphat:

Looking for your picks for the most unique or strongest tasting strains you've experienced?

I'm slowly amassing a collection of strains and now I think I want to start adding unique and strong tastes.

Thank you.

Unique flavors I've enjoyed

Juicy fruit - sensi around 2000

Bubbleberry- sagarmartha, old roomie got the seeds on a trip to Amsterdam late 90's

Jack Flash- Clinic Denver, nice spice

GDP - buddy popped seeds, not sure the vendor. Fruity velvet and a knockout stone good for late at night

C88- was lucky to be gifted some seeds back in the day. Hawaiian Punch rotting fruit with a hint of baby 💩

Lavender that an old roomie smoked me out with, Portland area. Was puffing and drinking tasty brews all day long, this stuff cut through it all on a midnight sess

D3pthCharg3

Crockett Sour Tangie - All out organoleptic assault, makes your burps taste like oranges 10 minutes later. ORANGES and fried chicken on the exhale. I enjoy watching people hit it for the first time, I like to watch their faces as they react in amazement, and pretty much all do.

Bodhi Sunshine 3 - Sour Limes to the max. Fades into yeasty urine exhale. Superb.

'Aurora cut' of an old NL. Garlic and juniper and oranges; so bold and rank many will bow out of a circle once they taste it, choosing to not smoke at all. I keep it out of respect as its the terpiest thing I've run across and I can't part with it, even though I havent flowered it out in years. I'd like to know more about it if any MI folk know of this cut. I hear it came from Seekers of Genetic Wisdom.

Happy Times

'Aurora cut' of an old NL. Garlic and juniper and oranges; so bold and rank many will bow out of a circle once they taste it, choosing to not smoke at all. I keep it out of respect as its the terpiest thing I've run across and I can't part with it, even though I havent flowered it out in years. I'd like to know more about it if any MI folk know of this cut. I hear it came from Seekers of Genetic Wisdom.

Must.. try...... this...........