What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Everybody lies about their veg time!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I don't. Never saw a reason to lie about it. They take as long as they take and that's it.
Having said that, I have seen some big ass plants reported to be a week old, lol

CoCoSativas

Go ahead, tell me you don't!
:laughing:

Theres no doubt in my mind its extremly common. That said I havent ever mislead someone how long I veg for. Veg as slow as nuts, even my sativa doms like kali mist and super lemon haze I veg for 30-45 days for lots of branching and a heavy yield per plant. Some do all sorts of stuff to increase yield. Typically I veg longer...
Though I have been playing around topping some of my stretchy cuts...

Its pretty lame when people mislead others, about yield, grow or flower times... just tell the truth. Most of us can tell when someones full of shit... lol ive seen that "its only a week" claim a few times... get a life. Rather than imptessing anyone most out there think you are a goof...

slender

i put my plants outdoor may 5th and they are still in veg to this date.... started them out at about 1 ft tall 1 ft wide. now are 7 ft tall each

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Why on earth would someone lie about their veg time? I mean if I see a claim that a plant grew miraculously big in a week, I'd think the plant has some amazing genetics to it not that the grower had special talent. Pretending to be something you're not is a sure path to failure eventually.

To me the characteristics I perceive in the grower who does admit to a lengthy/full veg cycle are more favorable. Being able to veg for a normal veg cycle speaks to patience and an understanding of the plant that only comes with extensive experience.

Also there is this food for thought, If a grower puts off flowering for two months or so to give the plant a proper veg cycle then you can count on there being a good reason for doing so. No grower is going to put off his harvest for 2-3 months unless it profits him to do so.

hazig

oh yes,
but i think its more an "amrican" problem, in the most other countrys
it is much more honest !

DarthFader1

Veteran
Why the freaking hell would someone lie about their veg time??

I mean im sure people have done it in the past, but really a thread about it?

This is the worst thread ever, can't believe i posted in it

oti$

I outsource my vegging to a grouop of elite german gardeners, they are super efficient... my german engineered buds are priced higher too;)

G

ganjygav

2 days veg using my own special veg formula, I will sell it to you for $1000 per litre

iTarzan

They lie about their rooting times too.

I think the Click Click tribe and the cone dick tribes are the main culprits.
Then the Germans.
Followed by the Ethiopians.
The Russians do a lot of lying about their veg times too.
U.S. Americans are just tied for 6th with the U.K. We do everything together because we are best friend countries. They got our back and we have theirs.

B

birdman_

:D. Click click tribe ! Rofl ..

Some dudes have got a big Ego thing going on....?that's all I'm saying!
but..
(Tribes is " word" ..)

(The gangs will be getting T-Shirts Printed I tell ya!) ��. :biglaugh:
:woohoo: !

(I say do ya self a favor and move on.)

Last edited:

M.R.GT

Veteran
No reason to lie.

It used to be that a 30 day veg from seed was considered a min for best performance for most strains. I still stick to that and try and give mine at least 30 days before I throw them into flower.

Peace
GT

R

Rubber Chicken

What would be the point of exaggerating veg time?

To be the super veg king? I don't get it?

B

birdman_

Kinda a cyber peer pressure,some feel exists IMO .. It's all delusions a "little?" paranoia too I believe.A Condition that will Ease in time..
Cyber land init!
..Cock of the Walk .... Lmao. :D

YEP mt gt .

Last edited:
B

birdman_

I Had been "Worried" about Vegge one time.. Gg4 grows fast and reaches out !

Last edited:

iTarzan

What would be the point of exaggerating veg time?

To be the super veg king? I don't get it?

Years back it was the gram per watt championships. LOL!

I vegged a plant for 2 months under a 250w scrogging it the whole way. Then I flipped to 12/12. I ended up with 15 ounces. Many didn't believe it because they didn't put the veg time factor into it.

This is why somebody would lie about veg time. So it looks like they have super flowering grow skills.

This is why I think gpw is not a perfect grow evaluation. You would need to have same strain, same light and same veg time. Plus you should factor in other electrical equipment.

There would also need to be some kind of formula used. Because 2 weeks veg with a 1000w is the same watts as 8 week veg with a 250w.

Anyways.....

That is why some people falsify their veg times.

Falsified rooting times is just an "I am better than you" thing.

Last edited: