What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rolling Papers in Moldova !!!!!

m3shach

Please can somebody help me ??? lolo

I am trying to find a packet of rolling papper in Chisinau Moldova.

This is no joke... I have looked for 3 days.

When i ask people they look at me like im an alien ( i am sort of )
They have absolutely no comprehension of what it is im after and ontop of that absolutely no where can i find even loose rolling tobbaco.
I have also asked about a tobbaconist... but its just not happening l;olol, I dont speak russian, nor moldovain or romainian. I only speak english.
I have drawn pictures for people in the snow of rolling, but still no joy...

I have managed to find some decent weed, but can not for love nore money find rolling pappers.

HELP !!!!

I am here for another 4 days i think lolo

I will send 5 euro to anyone that can find a pack of rizla.....

purplelorax

Hey...grew up in turkey here and they had no rolling papers either, but rolled spliffs with hash and tobacco thatre every bit as good as anything you'll find rolled in the US or wherever....get a pack of cigs, take out several, break them off at the filter,moisten the part of the cig where the paper is glued to itself, and gently peel it open, repeat till you have several papers...nibble the edge of a paper all the way to its end, lay it just over the edge of another paper, lay them on your pantleg, and apply pressure with the edge of your hand(as if you've given it a karate chop) for a minute or so, the pressure and the material of your pants will help the papers fibers mesh together...keep adding papers like this till you've got the size paper you want, and then roll yourself a joint...if you aren't an expert it will be helpful to allow as much overlap as possible on the final roll(lick it as if the paper was sticky) to help keep the joint together....good luck!

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
see if you can find some rice paper in a stationary store and cut it to the size you need..

m3shach

thank you both !

Both are things i have never thought of...

Bud Green.... Very clever indeed, I will keep that in mind for the future when im in a spot of bother.

I thinki ts crazy lool, i have been places with no papers but instead they smoked bannana leaves...

The craziest thing of all is that Moldova produces a huge number of ciggerettes for the europian market but no hand rolling tobbaco.
Is deffinately the first place is have ever been like this. Niceplace though and nicepeoples.

Thank you all for your help... My quest for Rizla continues today !!! :)

purple_man

Veteran
back in the days, in romania the white outer borders of newspaper pages were the "rizlas" of choice...

blessss

B

bonecarver_OG

i recomend rice paper. a long time ago i travelled thru nicaragua, where at that time rolling pappers were forbidden. the solution is to buy cheats of rice paper wich is the same as in the rolling pappers, and just cut it to size, nibble the edge, wet and roll.

look in a shop that sells paper suplies etc. or just buy a darn pipe! :D

edit - banana leafs are very harsh on the throat... i tried that in costa rica with a few locals.

peace

m3shach

I found some ! After much complaining.... a man actually found me some Gizeh extra fine ! im very pleased to say the least....

I have heard of people smoking the bible in jail, but never knew Jamacians did the same.

Thanks again all for your help

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehe, gotta laugh at this thread. No offense to you of course.

I use Gizeh extra fine too, very good papers you found.

m3shach

Mate ! you just dont understand the logistics involved in getting some skins ! lol
When i arrived i thought getting weed was going to be a james bond mission..
It actually was'nt, ok the first thing i got hold of was the craziest soap bar i have ever seen ..
Looks soap bar, smells like soap bar, crumbles like high grade pollen, tastes like burning wood and works like high grade pollen.... So i still dont know what that was...
The other frightening fact was that people were smoking the hash by piercing a hole in a plastic bottle with a lit ciggerette.
Then pull the embers off the ciggerette and rest them on the lip of the hole previously made in the plastic bottle.
Then apply your hash and get your lungs going lol, smoking the hash, ciggerette embers and plastic bottle at the same time.
( im all for joining in with foriegn culture... but i passed on that lol )

So... After much complaining i final found a man with green :) i asked him for 1/2 oz, he said this is impossible lol :( i would have to wait...
A day later he produced 1/2 oz of green. Dry, smelling of haze/orange, grown about as well as some of the poorer comercial weeds in holland. But it is flushed, has a taste, has been taken to maturaty and so works fairly well.

NOW... at this point i thought my work was done, i thought all i would have to do is go and get some rizla from the shop and that would be that... NO... THATS WASNT THAT...

when i asked the girl i was with ( my interptirtor lolool ) she told me that there is no such thing in moldova....

4 DAYS... 4 DAYS of asking and searching lol, i even tried asking police lolol.

FOR ANYONE WANTING ROLLING PAPPERS IN CHISINAU !!!

there is a huge market in the middle on the central district, it is huge, biggest out door market i have ever been in.. around 3/4 mile square and exremely tghtly packed with stalls, only space enough for single file around the stalls ( be seriously carefull of pickpockets and robbery )
Anyway, in this myriad of shit, there are a few stalls selling " weed friendly stuff "
Here you will finnd whats needed lol.

I hope this helps someone in the future. I thought as its my first propper post i should write it up as best i can and hopefuly give some entertainment for people.

Also, as i doubt there are many reviews on Moldovan weed and the general weed sceen here from the eyes of a tourist lol. and obviously it goes without saying

DO NOT GET FUCKING CAUGHT BY THE POLICE !!! THE ARE NOT AMUSED !!!
lolol and i think the charge for personal use is jail lolol... probably in sybiria lolol

Take care all and thanks again for your help.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
A regular tobacco pipe can be used to smoke weed when papers are hard to find.

You can even use aluminium foil to roll . Just peel away the foil while the weed burns down.

In Moldova you can easily buy transparent cellulose sheets called 'celofan', which are used to insulate home made winter cans (jams, etc). Just be sure it is cellulose and not plastic.

m3shach

200 lei a gram (10 GBP )
2760 lei for 14g

I only have a small amount left over as i fly in the morning, but i will get a pic or two uploaded for you to see :)

m3shach

I didnt get the photographs lolololo

Ended up loosing my USB cable and so couldent charge the camera... after smoking aswell, all the drive to buy a USB cable sort of disappeared and ummm i smoked it all lolo :p

X

xweed420

u can always use blunt wraps, if u don t find it u can break a ciggar and fill it with weed:p

Skip

Veteran
Based on the bits of info in this thread, I venture to say that these countries where you can't find rolling papers, are countries that heavily tax cigarettes and the gov't is in the pocket of the major tobacco companies. So by banning rolling papers they force ppl to buy name brand cigs at much higher prices.

Maybe they'll do that one day in the US to force ppl to buy cannabis in pre-rolled joints made by Big Tobacco companies. I can see something like that happening...

mack 10

Veteran
the tinfoil "papers" sound harsh! does that actually work? not that i'm going to try it!

Also lol, at the plastic bottle! all the youths in the uk will buy cheap2L bottles of lemonade, take the lid off ,replace it with a tinfoil bowl, load it up with weed, then pop a hole in the lowest part of the bottle,
as the lemonade drains you light the weed and suction fills your bottle with smoke.

aka the waterfall, similar to the "bucket" which everyone in the UK knows well..

edited to make sense, lol..

Last edited:

purple_man

Veteran
damn mack, reminds me of the ole days... same as the bucket smoking method, hope youths get wiser then we were back then.

blessss