Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Living organic soil from start through recycling CONTINUED...

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Female Seeds for Fine Cannabis Genetics
Living organic soil from start through recycling CONTINUED... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 AM #1461
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Hey Weird
You stopped fulvic acids did you have a reason? I add humic on every other watering. I think it helps but never did a test to compare results with a control plant. I read that the NMR frequency increases at a certain level of humic content.
forgive me but my understanding of the chemical side of soil interactions is lacking

I wanted to keep the option open so I ditched azomite but my end result was to try to get to a simple water only mix

what I do believe however is this

that maximizing soil potential is easiest achieved and sustained by a less is more mantra letting microbiology bridge the gap but also that in fine tuning any natural system over doing anything is far more harmful than under doing it

I no longer believe that optimal is a set parameter for any given situation but rather one relative to the situation

because I recycle I feel it is imperative and this has worked well for me up until now requires minimized and metered inputs to preserve robust and diverse microbiology that works in conjunction with the planting cycle

in my experience it is much easier to use a tea or a similar approach like fulvic to address problems but how does one really gauge the differential if there is not a performance basis without

I have run recycled so many times subsequently I have found that optimal expression can be had in this scenario but it took me a good 10 years of transitioning and testing with the same cultivars to get a good feel for performance and I still have so much to learn

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:35 PM #1462
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is a jewel in the roughRodehazrd is a jewel in the roughRodehazrd is a jewel in the roughRodehazrd is a jewel in the roughRodehazrd is a jewel in the roughRodehazrd is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
Have you noticed that using too much fulvic acid creates genetic mutations?
Hey there Paradoxlost
I didn't know about mutations from fulvic acid I use the black diamond humic acid for two years in my non feeding drenches. I'm open to learn more. I read somewhere the Nuclear magnetic Resonant Frequency goes up at a certain level of humates. adding more caused it to decrease. I'm searching back to find the levels used in the test. The study suggested bug pressure is greatly reduced by this higher frequency. I'm not comfortable with this knowledge yet I think It is like a CEC frequency. I know more than I understand on this subject.
Rodehazrd is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 08:19 PM #1463
PakSamGyiShing

PakSamGyiShing is on a distinguished road
Essentially...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Am I correct then in thinking the sulfate combines with the potassium to lock it up again as K2so4? or is that too simplistic
This is more or less what happens. Usually if there's a big excess you sort of rely on the runoff to carry off the excess compound. So in this case if you have excessive K, and adequate Ca, adding CaS04 will deposit some of the calcium, while the S04 indeed combines with the K2 to move it out of the situation (it'll do this with excess Mg, Na, and Ammonia too). If you don't want to waste that K2S04, then applying the gypsum with compost, peat, charcoal, even bentonite clay - anything with a high CEC - will help hold onto the goodies.
PakSamGyiShing is offline Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 08:51 PM #1464
PakSamGyiShing

PakSamGyiShing is on a distinguished road
Unless someone's growing on marl or chalk soils, calcium is always the first cation to become depleted. It's always the one that needs to be added back the most. The old expression goes "Manuring with marl (calcium) makes for rich fathers, and poor sons." This came from before NPK theory, when all else a farmer had was manure, compost and fallow for nutrient management. Adding the calcium back brought the soils into a higher productivity, but it was too much of a good thing and depleted the soils of what was left in them since the nutrients couldn't be adequately replaced and managed.

In field conditions, replacing calcium is of primary importance, in general moreso than potassium. Only on sick soils does potassium need to be supplemented - there are almost always vast, vast stores of it at different levels of accessibility in the ground. This is why many farmers find that applying manures and composts increase levels of available K by more than what comes in with the manuring (P too). This is because the microbes are fueled/cultured into greater mineralizing activity releasing the P and K from more inaccessible stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate Dave View Post
I've had that & it's different to lacking in Ca. I've grown maybe 200 crops in the uk not every one of them works a dream. When anything is off it detracts from optimum. But a soil test will tell you this. Growing on Peat you can't have a test Calcium is the easy one to spot if you get the pun? Far different to anothers effect that you will see in the leaf tissue. It's a blatant one.. I'd rather have to little of another macro than to little of Ca & finish up early...
PakSamGyiShing is offline Quote