Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > CLONING IN COCO ?????

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
CLONING IN COCO ????? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2016, 09:50 PM #21
knuckles

knuckles has disabled reputation
5.8 -6.0...
knuckles is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2016, 11:37 PM #22
budelight
Discovery Requires Experimentation

budelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to behold
budelight has completed 3 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Thanks Knuckels and others.

The mothers were getting fed ~1.0 ec. clones cut, stuck in a cup of tap water, then used rooting hormone and stuck straight into coco.

Decided to feed with a light nute mix, but was not sure if a ph specific to cloning was common. Usually ph my nute mix to 5.8 (+/- 0.1).
budelight is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:00 AM #23
ozman

ozman will become famous soon enoughozman will become famous soon enough
coco coior pellets like jiffys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 967 View Post
Straight tap water here. Though I've gone back to jiffys cos it's easier to see roots pop out the side. If I could find coco jiffy type things I'd rock those instead

hi
i just started using coco for cloning im soaking my coco now and while looking around for info on cloning with coco i came across this thread
was the first one i clicked in search
when i went searching for info on my coco and also found coco pellets just like jiffy pellets
https://www.burpee.com/gardening-supp...rod001252.html

gonna order some and try them out.
ozman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 PM #24
stizzle

stizzle is on a distinguished road
First time cloning in coco, used rootech, 11 days, top of plant which is Dutch passion Compassion, Canna bag coco fed with RO + 5ml/gal ea calmag and liquid karma plus 10ml/gal rhizotonic. Under dome on a heat mat set to 79F. Seems easy enough!

stizzle is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2017, 05:55 PM #25
ozman

ozman will become famous soon enoughozman will become famous soon enough
cal mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizzle View Post
First time cloning in coco, used rootech, 11 days, top of plant which is Dutch passion Compassion, Canna bag coco fed with RO + 5ml/gal ea calmag and liquid karma plus 10ml/gal rhizotonic. Under dome on a heat mat set to 79F. Seems easy enough!

View Image
so you charge your coco with cal mag
,do you use it in every watering/feeding?
ive got some ice in coco now doing ok looking good
got some og just spreading their wings

plus im new to coco
done dwc,soil,nft,ebb n flow,

ozman is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2017, 06:16 PM #26
stizzle

stizzle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman View Post
so you charge your coco with cal mag
,do you use it in every watering/feeding?
ive got some ice in coco now doing ok looking good
got some og just spreading their wings

plus im new to coco
done dwc,soil,nft,ebb n flow,

Yep been using the RO+calmag+LK+rhizotonic to charge the coco for clones and seedlings and also as a foliar spray. When they get roots I start adding some nutes to the mix and back off on the rhizotonic. Had one plant root in 7 days.
stizzle is offline Quote

Old 03-02-2017, 07:32 PM #27
knuckles

knuckles has disabled reputation
Ya,soon as they shoot roots they'll need some nutrients a.s.a.p.
knuckles is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 PM #28
GrnEyes

GrnEyes has a spectacular aura aboutGrnEyes has a spectacular aura aboutGrnEyes has a spectacular aura about
This is my first time cloning in coco and I just filled the bottom of my tray with just enough water to barely fill the grooves, cut some clones, snipped the fan leaf ends off, dipped them in dip & grow liquid solution, & stuck them in the coco. I then misted them with a light folier spray of maxicrop seaweed very diluted and put the dome on for a couple days with the vents closed. Day 3 in the morning I opened both vents half way and they didn't wilt so I opened the vents the rest of the way morning of day 4. Both days I misted the clones with plain water 3x. Day 5 I took the dome off for an whole hour and they were still fine so I left it off and I just mist them 3x per day. Days 6 and 7 misted 2x and put some more water in the bottom of my tray evening of day 7. Its day 8 and one of them has already sprouted a bunch of roots and has been transplanted into a solo cup of coco. Hopefully a few more will have roots later today. Its a waiting game and some strains seem to clone easier than others. Good luck!
GrnEyes is offline Quote

Old 05-13-2017, 11:29 PM #29
GrnEyes

GrnEyes has a spectacular aura aboutGrnEyes has a spectacular aura aboutGrnEyes has a spectacular aura about
*I use Tupur coco by Royal Gold and don't have a heat mat
GrnEyes is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2017, 01:01 AM #30
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic has a spectacular aura aboutTanzanianMagic has a spectacular aura aboutTanzanianMagic has a spectacular aura aboutTanzanianMagic has a spectacular aura aboutTanzanianMagic has a spectacular aura about
You can clone in coco, in fact I only clone in coco, not soil or rockwool. It is a very clean substrate without insects or molds.

1. Scrape some of the outside of the stem to make it easier for the roots to break through. Cut the clones at the final length while holding them under water, so no air bubble can travel up the stem.

2. Coco needs to stand in water for a day or so before you can use it.

I'm taking about bagged (Canna) Coco, not coco bricks, which have to be flushed or prepared with a flushing agent.

For seeds, I would let the coco stand in a nutrient solution of 0.4EC of high P/K late flowering solution, and a pH of 6.0 (which you can use throughout the grow). That really puts a big root system on the seedlings, and prevents purpling of the stems or need for support.

However for clones, don't use any nutrients, other than rooting powder. However the same nutrients can be used after the clones have rooted, to stimulate massive root growth.

3. Use a container of whatever size you like, however make sure there is a drainage layer of perlite that is as high as the drainage holes, so there is no standing water after watering, which will rot the roots.

4. Outdoors, the clones should have filtered light.

I really like using sunlight and horticultural fleece, which the plants really love.

5. Don't mix the coco with perlite.

This way you need to water less. I would water twice a week for the first week. Don't overwater.

Last edited by TanzanianMagic; 05-17-2017 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: More info
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote