Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > the Hand Watering coco thread

Thread Title Search
Click for Sweet Seeds!
the Hand Watering coco thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2007, 02:41 AM #11
Dalton

Dalton will become famous soon enough
Hey bonecarver, good idea for a thread. I like a little hydrotron on the bottom. But I probably got that from you. Thanks for all of the info.
Dalton is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2007, 02:46 AM #12
Suby
**AWD** Aficianado

Suby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtrakritical
Im here also...
Might need some input on feeding with PBP line...

Thanks for helping out us little guys BoneCarver!

Xtra
Hey BC good to see you,
I'm glad your putting that skull of yours to good use.
We need a coco forum on IC, it is very much underrated.

I've used the PBPro in coco and I have 2 very important tips for you,

1 Pretreat your coco with a calmag formula.
and
2 Use the calmag formula everytime you fert.

PBPro is designed to do both hydro and coco but it only work if you supplement the nutes with the calmag formula, coco is a mag and calcium hog, most def. in a coco medium in the Cana Infirmary are calcium defs.
Also I've used the Canna coco and if you put seedlings in it without doing a pretreat with calmag you could get K toxicity, I put young seedlings in coco and then used PBPro and I had a K problem.
It is the initial element that is bound in the cationic exchange web that is inherent to coco so the wash balances it out, that's why BC suggest feeding to a 10-15% runoff, as well it flushes salt buildups out of the medium.

Rock on BC

Last edited by Suby; 01-08-2007 at 02:49 AM..
Suby is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 AM #13
bonecarver_OG

the hydroton works well in the botom - also does broken ceramic pieces and even washed gravel.

many times i break some cheap old pots to put in the bottom before i put the coco in.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 AM #14
bonecarver_OG

never had any K problems really using coco canna nutes series thanks for the tips about the PBP line

Old 01-08-2007, 02:57 AM #15
BlueBear

BlueBear is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecarver_OG
i think its more steady if planting the rockwool plugs about 3/4 into the coco.

i do the watering at this stage with a hand sprayer - making sure the coco around the rockwool has the same amount of humidity. later on i dont think this is a problem if the clone roots well and after that i only water around the rockwool - trying to avoid to soak the rockwool since the roots that the plant uses to feed will be further down in the coco. anyway still coco is a suchs an airiated medium that rot will in most cases no be a problem. rockwool is also very good at that.

i normally transfer before or when i can see a bit of roots stick out. i like transplanting when growing in pots. the plants definetly like it too

i would try to increase the amount of water feed to the plants - so the run off goes up to about 10% atleast. this is to make sure the roots are only having fresh water and the old stagnated water with used up oxygen goes away.

also i want to stress how usefull it is to use a res with airstones for ur water.

peace
Thanks BC I have a good idea of what to do now, just needed some asurance that I was on the right track and needed to be dialed in a little.
Adieu
BlueBear is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2007, 02:59 AM #16
bonecarver_OG

no problem

Old 01-08-2007, 03:38 AM #17

I have been hand watering with the PBP line for 3 weeks on these 6 S.A.G.E clones...

I feed em once daily with 1TBLS Pureblend Pro Bloom, 1tsp Cal-mag, 1tsp Hygrozyme per 1 GAL of RO water the entire time from clone till 20 days prior 2 harvest... 50/50 Botanicare COCO, Fox Farm Chunky Perlite

I couldn't be more pleased with the results...

Loving all the new COCO threads

Last edited by P&Pfarmer; 01-08-2007 at 04:49 AM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:40 AM #18
bonecarver_OG

looks good

Old 01-08-2007, 03:41 AM #19
-VT-
Voluptuous Trichomes

-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice-VT- is just really nice
They sure look healthy...

Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 AM #20
gdawg

BC great thread bro, i've been lookin for this one. i got a couple of questions. i just switched everything over to coco maybe a month ago and i'm lovin it. i mix perlite, coco, marine cuisine and then a little promix. i also add d lime & h lime. do i need this? i use the calmag every other watering and so far have been really impressed. i was lookin for some tips on using the "coco" outdoors this summer. my area gets decent rainfall but has been cursed by dry summers here lately. what can i expect as far as watering compared to soil. been doin it outdoors since the 80s i wanna post some pics but i'm kinda skittish ya know. outdoors i was using promix, worm castings and botanicare nutes.