Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > the Hand Watering coco thread

Thread Title Search
Visit Skunk24.com for discounted cannabis seeds.
the Hand Watering coco thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2017, 08:23 AM #1931
Suntana

Suntana will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned40yrs View Post
aaah no
#1- You do not need coco specific nutes to get the best results and ease of use. Read threads in this forum to see all the nute brands that work GREAT.

#2- You DO NOT need runoff and certainly not 40% runoff which is a massive waste of nutes. No runoff in coco works just as great as runoff. Check the grows on this forum with no runoff.

#3 Hand watering sucks
Bang on!
Suntana is offline Quote

Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 AM #1932
vibration

vibration is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Hey guys here's a good story for handwatering coco.

I started this plant from seed a few months ago. It was was in a a 32 gallon rubermaid DWC hydro setup. I was having alot problems with it and I never installed a way for it to drain. It was driving me nuts. I decided to switch to coco and all I did was pull out the net pot and held it over a 2 gallon pot and filled in with the coco around the roots. There was no stall at all!! the plant just Kept humming right along. So if anyones having problems with there hydro setup it seems it's ok to transplant right to coco. I now have handwatering and simplicity with hydro growth rates. Now this was only 2 plants I did this with and they were not in bloom at the time. But this seems to work.

View Image

The wierd thing is I transplanted to this 5 gallon dishpan about a month ago
and everyday I water I can see the shape of the of the original container. The roots don't seem to be spreading around in their new home. Have you seen palnts get rootbound in 2 gallon Pots of coco bonecarver?

Great thread man. This place is filling up quickly with alot of good info
Plant looks really good.... If you ever transplant late and want a plant to root into a new space try this....
I use a product for the first 6 weeks of flower that keeps the roots healthy and allows it to grow more roots...
Coco grows finish with white healthy roots...

https://cxhydroponics.net/project/regenaroot/

Is mad stuff .. have seen it turn root rot in bubblers into white new healthy crazy big roots in a matter of weeks..
vibration is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 05:35 AM #1933
MIhomegrown

MIhomegrown is on a distinguished road
Is it necessary to water to run off if the coco is constantly moist? If kept at a low ec fertigation would salt build up be an issue? Also has anyone used Botancare's Pure Blend Pro in coco?
MIhomegrown is offline Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 02:03 PM #1934
GrowerGoneWild

GrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the roughGrowerGoneWild is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIhomegrown View Post
Is it necessary to water to run off if the coco is constantly moist? If kept at a low ec fertigation would salt build up be an issue? Also has anyone used Botancare's Pure Blend Pro in coco?
Almost no runoff is needed, I did a run with blumats and it worked fine. Just keep things moist.

If we did have run off its because the blumat feeds a little too fast when the tank is full. I didn't make an effort to feed to runoff.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:59 PM #1935
MIhomegrown

MIhomegrown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowerGoneWild View Post
Almost no runoff is needed, I did a run with blumats and it worked fine. Just keep things moist.

If we did have run off its because the blumat feeds a little too fast when the tank is full. I didn't make an effort to feed to runoff.
Thanks for the reply! Did you use a mineral base fertilizer or something similar to pure blend pro?
MIhomegrown is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2017, 06:34 PM #1936
Caligreen1

Caligreen1 is a jewel in the roughCaligreen1 is a jewel in the roughCaligreen1 is a jewel in the roughCaligreen1 is a jewel in the roughCaligreen1 is a jewel in the roughCaligreen1 is a jewel in the rough
Half strength FTW IMO ;)

House and Garden nutrient, pure coco. I always go about half recommended from what H&G chart says, but I also use Calmag and Silica in veg(half strength) and also a few weeks into flower then I drop calmag and silica. I also use multizen when chart requires but half strength, same with BudXL. MOAB for the finish, and even used pure PH RO for the last week! Things are looking great over here, smoke is clean as ever and turning heads. Barely ever had runoff, I did maybe one flush mid flower with low lower feed of just A & B and did look for a little more runoff toward finishing flush. A few pints a day hand water, 3 gallon plastic pots(thinking of switching to smart pots next). Keep em wet!

GG4 pulled at 57 days.

Animal Cookies pulled at 57 days.

Caligreen1 is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:19 PM #1937
nastynate420

nastynate420 will become famous soon enoughnastynate420 will become famous soon enough
Looks awesome caligreen! Do you ever test runoff?
nastynate420 is offline Quote

Old 11-08-2017, 09:56 AM #1938
indalo

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice
I don't as a rule , but this grow I decided to do a test , week 1 in flower ( 5 week veg ) ppm in 690 ,,, run off : 603 , Ph in : 5.9 ,,, run off : 6.3 Huge fan leaves , needs pruning to expose the bud sites , am I on the right track ?
indalo is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2017, 02:45 AM #1939
stasis
Registered Non-Conformist

stasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud of
Ya can use H & G at full strength in coco. It does not burn. Cheers. Yearslong user happy.

2005-2007 Mendocino "Wild Wknd @ the Woodlands" judging - 6 ribbons in 3 years - 2) 1st Place - 2) second place and 2) 3rd place.
stasis is offline Quote

Old 11-09-2017, 10:18 PM #1940
ridoo

ridoo will become famous soon enoughridoo will become famous soon enough
i do love to hand water my ladies