What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Full Organic Indoor Soil Grow

aquavitae

Hi there,

this may be a question for the indoor organic soil growers: I picked up on Instagram that in order to do a successful, fully organic soil grow under artificial light (no bottled nutes just dry amendments and tea), it will require relatively large pots in order for the plants and their roots to maintain a relatively healthy conditon.

Is this true, and is it possible to completely forgo bottled or any form or salt based nutes indoors without comprising quality?

Best

AV

aquavitae

and for readers who are clueless just like me, just learned that dry amendments and tea only really work in a living medium, in a living soil, not the cooked-to-death standard soil you can get at homedepot.

can one revitalise dead soil by adding tea?

_WeeDude_

and for readers who are clueless just like me, just learned that dry amendments and tea only really work in a living medium, in a living soil, not the cooked-to-death standard soil you can get at homedepot.

can one revitalise dead soil by adding tea?

Well, in order to digest or open up the nutrients contained in the dry amendments you definitely need active soil life. You could theoretically add microorganisms through cold extracted compost tea, compost or fresh garden soil, but always with the risk of introducing pests and insects to your growing chamber.
Personally, I would suggest you either take aged compost and add those dry amendments or just go for damped indoor soil and use regular liquid organic nutrients. This is mainly because I could see your plants harmed using damped soil with dry amendments - IF those nutrients get opened up, damped indoor soil doesn't have the same natural buffers compost (or garden soil) has. Severe burns or even unsmokable buds could be the consequency.
Best regards