What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Night Vision Goggles during dark phase

Mtez44

If i go into my grow room with my night vision goggles on and use the IR assist on them will it damage my plants?

redlaser

Veteran
I think that's a red light that's used on some night vision, at least the one I have.

Not really sure, but I doubt it's really bright enough. Might be though.. they can handle full moon light outside, which is enough to see around at night,

I picked up some green sheets of clear plastic and cut it into circles to put over my flashlight lenses, a couple thicknesses worth to make it green enough

Mtez44

yea its just a tiny little infrared bulb on it, that barely puts anything out. you barely see it with your eye when looking at the bulb. Obviously though it is amplified in the night vision and looks like someone is shinning a flash light through the goggles I have the option to turn it on if needed, it doesnt go on automatically. maybe i will try it without first.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am pretty sure that the cannabis plant does not use Infra Red light for photosynthesis so it should not interrupt the critical period.

I have used cameras with IR light in my rooms for years an never noticed any problems.

troutman

Seed Whore
again i already have the goggles.

We got a cold spell in and it slipped my mind so i wanted to go back in and turn on the heater.

No night vision is needed.

Close your eyes, trust your feelings and use the force Luke. :biggrin:

meadowman

i go in my flower room to water every night with a flouro on with no ill effects….been doing it for years. it was subcools poor breeding practices that caused herms not light leaks…lol

Granger2

Veteran
I have extra sockets for green incandescents. I also have a bb cap with built in green light in the brim. Got it at Lowe's. Good luck. -granger

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Because I already have night vision goggles and i dont have a green light :)

...yeah, i personally instal a cheap socket with a pull chain and a green CFL in my blooming space and i then do all my chores with this light about 15 minutes before the HPS comes on.

...doing this costs under $20.00 even with the socket and it makes this a non-issue, i'm thinking your night vision shit cost you way more than that.

picture.php

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-SL24...UTF8&qid=1510698686&sr=8-5&keywords=Green+cfl

...i'm also certain that a bulb like this can be had locally for far less than Amazon wants for it so understand that i only post the link as an example.

peace, bozo

Mtez44

i go in my flower room to water every night with a flouro on with no ill effects….been doing it for years. it was subcools poor breeding practices that caused herms not light leaks…lol

i have 6500k CFL's in the room on a pull switch. you think those would be ok if i turned them on?

packerfan79

Veteran
I use a green led headlamp also have a green led bulb. The green incandesant bulbs have a white filament, can cause hermies. I would say get a green light no reason to screw up a crop to save a few bucks.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
To answer the OP's original question... certain frequencies of IR light are not detectable to the plants and will not affect the photoperiod. I don't know what your night vision glasses give off but if you have the specs on your glasses, it might give you an answer.

You'll have to Google it to make sure but I believe anything over 700 nm will not be detected by the plants.

Mtez44

To answer the OP's original question... certain frequencies of IR light are not detectable to the plants and will not affect the photoperiod. I don't know what your night vision glasses give off but if you have the specs on your glasses, it might give you an answer.

You'll have to Google it to make sure but I believe anything over 700 nm will not be detected by the plants.

THANK you!

Everyone went off on a tangent on me. I never said that this would be my general practice for growing. Had a situation come up and was just looking for some info.

I never even went in the room 🤷🏽*♂️

Latest posts

Latest posts