What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco feeding question

bouvia

Hello gang. Got some coco questions. Had some experience with coco 2 years back, did 2 runs last preaty successful but had to take a break due to move. Now im back at it, got 3 plants in coco in 3'x3'x6' tent. Light led viparspectra par700 326w draw. They at 21 day. Im feed them around 720 ppm (500ppm scale)
at 5.8 ph 3 times a day but my run off is always much lower around 400 ppm ph seems good around 6.1. Should i feed more aggressive? I use GH 6/9 micro-bloom in Ro water with 4ml/gal cal-mag and lil Epsom salts. Also how long you guys woud veg for in my setup?

troutman

Seed Whore
Most plants will double or more in size after they are done from the time you start flowering.
So plan accordingly and think about that more than worry about how long they have been
vegetating.

As long as the plants are healthy green don't feed too much more or you risk burning them
and/or causing some nutrient problems. If anything go slow when increasing nutrients.

Cheers

troutman

Seed Whore
If the runoff is lower I imagine that's because the plants are using some of the nutrients causing the EC to drop.

To me that's a good sign.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
my runoff is always higher than my feed. i just checked mine like i do from time to time and it tapped my meter out at 1300ppm which is fine also at least my pH was in range, but low ppm in the runoff is definitely a good thing.

how much do you feed at a time? are you running to waste, a lot? like with alot of runoff?

*** sounds like you are feeding plenty, dont go by the numbers so much as how the plant is doing

bouvia

Plants look ok just thought it might be sign of something and tryin to be preventive. I feed till i see litle runof and every few feedings like every other day i give more to have more runof to have enough of it to test it. I also flushed the coco real good and let it sit in calmag and week nut solution, im thinking maybe i didn't charge it enough and now that wy my runoff is low but 21 days that shouldn't be the case. Thanks for replys guys.��

MickFoster

Feeding to substantial run off will replenish the nutes and pull in fresh oxygen to the roots and prevent salt build up. I have never checked my run off and never have a problem.

Sounds like your doing fine. I would say if anything, don't hesitate to feed more often and more runoff. It only gets better results imo. PeAcE!

Speed of green

I think its useful to chart runoff #s i like to keep tabs on mine so that i know when/if i need to flush.

not sure if this ever makes a difference in final product or weight but for a new grower i think covering these basics can help insure a successful harvest and add a bit of structure to a garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts