What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KingChango's 2017 Return to Cultivation

kingchango

After taking two years off from my favorite hobby due to life circumstances, I'm FINALLY able to do what I love again. I used to use MH/FID, but for this grow I have obtained 4x100w COB Vero29's mounted in a row to fit my 5'x2.5'x6.6' tent. Vegging the clones now. I obtained Cotton Candy Kush clones from a friend and they look great. I'm going to let them develop a good root system and then transplant them into 5gal smartpots. I also have two seeds going (fem) Blue Cheese-Big Buddha, and Green Poison-Sweet seeds. Nothing makes me happier than opening a pungent, bright, and warm tent in the middle of a New England winter. :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_20171013_194818829_HDR-2.jpg
    IMG_20171013_194818829_HDR-2.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9

kingchango

UPDATE 11/18 MOVED INTO TENT

UPDATE 11/18 MOVED INTO TENT

Moved the Clones into the flower tent to veg out a little more. Doing some LST and some HST on the hardy girls. From back left, like reading a book I have (mostly clones in pics):

ONYCD #1, Cotton Candy #1, Sour Diesel, Cotton Candy #2, Original Glue #4, Cotton Candy #3, Cotton Candy #4, ONYCD #2, Sour Diesel 2.

picture.php

COB fixture from Timber Grow Lights. 4x100w Vero29 COB's mounted in series.

Tent Size: Hydrosun(?) maybe 5.0'x2.5'x8.0'
Fan/Filter 190CFM Vivosun Adjustable Speed Fan (Surprisingly quiet, no complaints so far) Terrabloom 4"x12" Carbon filter with protective sleeve.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Keep your eye on this one for updates, they're getting big quick!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...welcome back to the hobby from another New Englander.

...good luck, may you reap twice what you expect.

oh yeah, i personally bloom inside a 4x4 Secret Jardin DR120 around a 600HPS, barebulb vertical style (actually i just upgraded to a 1000HPS but all my pics are prior to that upgrade).

picture.php

picture.php

anyway, welcome back.

peace, bozo

kingchango

Nice!

Nice!

Looking good bro! I'll pull up a chair. Wild looking plant. I'd like to do some vert work some day when I have a bit more space!

justanotherbozo

Veteran
i switched to barebulb vertical about 6 - 7 years ago and i was glad of it from the first.

...i run a. sort of VSCROG ala Marlo and if you haven't seen his work you should go take a look, he is a very clever guy with a gift for growing, ...a good place to start is his W.O.W. thread where he details his vertical SCROG tech which to my way of thinking is elegantly simple.

...before i switched to the 1000 i was running 8 plants per cycle potted in 2 gallon coco hempy buckets with 2 plants on each side of the tent. ...with the 600 i was averaging between 12 and 16 zips per harvey and it varied mostly because i don't mono-crop and so they don't all reap the same amount.

anyway, that's enough about me, lol.

peace, bozo

btw, if you have trouble finding Marlo let me know and i'll link you to his threads.

kingchango

12/29/17 Update

12/29/17 Update

Small Update: 8/10 plants are doing great. Cotton candy is a beast! Fast in veg, busting with tight nodes. I'm growing in a slightly cooler environment and my ONYCD plants are very picky about temps and pH Switched to flower 7 days ago and they're showing their beauty. Will update with photos when the lights come on and I remember. For now here's a couple of plants that I've been vegging in solo cups to use a bonsai mums. Sweet Seeds: Green Poison, and Big Buddha Blue Cheese.

Attachments

• 20171229_135340.jpg
    20171229_135340.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20171229_135410.jpg
    20171229_135410.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 8

kingchango

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have horrible tap water, so i'm getting some nutrient lockout. They're due for a flush. Otherwise moving right along. Very happy with my Vero29 Cob's. Getting down to about 60F at nights, bringing out the colors!

kingchango

What's up Pussy Cat?

What's up Pussy Cat?

Few Pics of of My Cat Messin' around. She loves to eat the leaves, no sugar leaves though. She prefers fresh green fan leaves. She's an indoor cat and I know it's bad practice to let her in the room, but as soon as the plants are sticky she isn't allowed near the tent. Nobody likes cat hair bud. :tiphat:

I'll post more pics when it's daytime for the plants, starting to get frosty in there.

Peaceofmind

It is impressive looking yield for 400w of light. Those cob led's must be doing something right. Ive never looked into them before, only regular leds.

kingchango

COB LED's

COB LED's

It is impressive looking yield for 400w of light. Those cob led's must be doing something right. Ive never looked into them before, only regular leds.

Yeah, I am very happy with my harvest. The COB's have good coverage in my tent size, and I'm very impressed with the 400w that I have in there. Saves a ton on electricity when you take into consideration coverage and penetration power. I'll post some nug pics when everything is cured, making some bubble hash at the moment!