Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > First coco grow -> very slow growth

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
First coco grow -> very slow growth Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2017, 07:04 PM #41
ibreza

ibreza is on a distinguished road
Hey Snypie, no worries man. Your pictures reminded me of my first coco grow and I made the same mistakes, so I couldn't resist chiming in.
Oversized containers, Overwatering, Mg def killing my plants and no idea how to fix it.
Anyway I told you what worked for me, best of luck for your next grow.
ibreza is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:39 PM #42
Snypie

Snypie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredByLove View Post
do you have any pics of what they look like now?
Yes, of course! Thank you for stopping by.
The biggest plant:

Snypie is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2017, 10:08 PM #43
Snypie

The biggest plant continued:

The smallest plant:

When i saw the biggest plant's roots i knew i am on the right track, just i must learn watering... This is the problem i know. So i don't want to change medium.

Miraculous Meds:
I made my homework and i want to share my experience with you. I filled this 2 liter pots with coco from the bag. It was 568 grams with pot. The pot is 78 grams. So roughly 2 liter coco = 500 grams. When i water the plant till 10% runoff in this pot it will be 920-950 grams.
You said the following: "
You want about 1/3 heavier than total dry weight. If you water when they are down to that 1/2 to 1/3 moisture level, they will start to bounce back. Water them when they are still too wet, and they drown."
In this case i want to water when the pot is ~ 650-700 grams. Sounds right?
I know it is serious but i am an engineer and i can thinking in numbers , unfortunately

I made a fresh nutes from GHE 6/9 with RO water (1.2 EC, 5.8 PH) and read the label. It has lower amount of Calcium, Nitrogen, Potassium then the Bionova Coco A+B.
Snypie is offline Quote

Old 10-23-2017, 11:18 PM #44
maimunji

maimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nice
I can see plants spread roots very well. Also looks like new growth on your biggest plant is healthy. I can see in your first post you use h&g root exelarerator which is most expensive root stimulator on the market and also known like the best of the best. This shit will make rooths to grow super faster. All this make me wonder why your plants looks like shit? I can see only one reason for this, plants is just hungry. You starve them.
I sprout seeds and 2 gallon pots and water every day to run off. They grow super fast and roots hit the bottom next few days. I also can watering every 3 or every 5 days when coco is bone dry without issues actually this is what I do now because this save me a lot of work in veg mixing nutes and loosing time and plants stay healthy. I have clones in solo cups that is 3 mounts old.
If I skip watering day coco is bone dry and plants wilt almoust hitting ground after watering they bounce back I never watering them to run off. In theory salt build up should kill them before mounts but they are healthy. Anyway coco is beast and can be treated many different ways with good results.
maimunji is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:57 PM #45
Snypie

Yes, you maybe right. I gave them in the beginning just 0.6 EC with RO. Then i changed to tap (0.5 EC) + epsom (~0.2 EC) and there was only room left 0.5-0.6 EC for base nutes. The runoff EC was climbing so slow, but nowdays it is 1.5-1.6.
I was angry last week and i hit them tap+epsom+BioNova A+B till 1.8 and they exploded in growth. But they don't liked it. I suspect tap water, because some of my leaves become whitish filmy (veil?). Sorry, but i am learning english too due this hobby... It is very difficult to express myself. I can read everything but speaking and writing is hard yet
I will go back to RO but i can't decide which nutes i use. GH 6/9 or BioNova Coco A+B.
Snypie is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 12:17 AM #46
maimunji

maimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nicemaimunji is just really nice
Is tap water good for drink in your country? Mine come 0.3 e.c from tap and I add epsom salt to 0.4 e.c. I have 2 bottles ghe micro and bloom use them for clones but personally don't like em a lot. Its looks like I overfert most of the clones with 6/9. They always make claws and very dark leaves. On big plants I noticed magnesium deficiency and I think 1 gram epsom per 4 ltr. water will fix this issues easy.
maimunji is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:04 AM #47
Snypie

You can drink it, but i hate the taste. You can feel the lots of Calcium and when it is evaporated from the bucket it will leave a few milimeters layer of hard deposit (aka raw Calcium).
The BioNova has 11.5% CaO in the A bottle which i think is more then enough. Considering that the GH has only 7% and it is working with RO too. But this is also guessing from my part.
Snypie is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 09:52 AM #48
TOKING TOKOLOSH

TOKING TOKOLOSH is on a distinguished road
You should really consider growing in a hempy's sytem.
This will allow you to feed twice weekly and not worry about over/under watering.
Also I hydrate my coco with a calmag solution to begin with as this helps with buffering of incorret ph.

Nutes are very important and you shoud experiment till you find what works for you,
I was very lucky to make the aqquaintance of a qualified horticulturist that works in the commercial field.
I use linctified salts in 3 parts Hydro A, B and C
A= micro elements
B = Nitrogen Based
C = Phosphates etc(only in flowering)

They get mixed in different ratios to get a concentrate wich is the added at 10ml per 1 litre water throughout lifecycle of plant - no1/4 strength, 1/2 strength bullshit!!
TOKING TOKOLOSH is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 11:25 AM #49

967 will become famous soon enough
Surely I'm not the only person that manages to water sometimes every 2 - 3 days, to the point the coco is dry, plants wilting, ec whatever I feel at the time, sometimes just plain un ph'd tap water, and still have healthy plants yielding one lb+ from a 600W HPS?

Now i know that yeild ain't gonna get me any applause, but my point is people all saying you can't let it dry and should water several times a day etc it's in a way just plain not true, at least from my experience. Sure, maybe I could've yielded 1.5lb watering several times a day if I dialed it, but I set up drip system once watering 4 times a day and saw no change in anything...

I don't grow like that anymore, just sayin...
967 is offline Quote

Old 10-24-2017, 11:53 AM #50
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
Well the roots look good, overall plant looks magnesium def, the crispy leaves are old damage you can pluck all those off. I would say from here resume feeding and add 1/2 tsp Epsom salt per gallon of water. Mix it to the water first then add your food to 500/600 ppm on a hanna i think that's like 1.0 ~1.2 ec. And then adjust up or down from there depending on how often you feed. You flowering yet?