Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > First coco grow -> very slow growth

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
First coco grow -> very slow growth Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 AM #11
Snypie

Snypie is on a distinguished road
Hey Ibreza,

Yeah, i don't multifeed a few days ago. I went back to watering when the pots are light and the top of the coco change colour. I put a heated propagator tray under the plants which is helping them in the overwatered cycle. I don't have an analysis for my tap water, but i can see some details on the water supply webpage:
Free active chlorine: 0.15 mg/l
Chlorine: 27 mg/l
Iron: 27 microgram/l
Manganese: 5 microgram/l
Nitrate: 11 mg/l
Nitrite: <0,03 mg/l
Ammonium: <0,05 mg/l
Total hardness: 163 mg/l CaO
EC: 0,549
PH: 7,4
No data for the Magnesium.

But yesterday i ordered some calmag, it will arrive within 2 weeks, because i must to wait for something that i ordered too.

I have an oscillating fan, but it can't see in the picture. It is below the hood. It is an oscillating fan 20 cm in diameter and 20W. It is running when the lights on. I have an 280 m3/h extractor, which is running always and half speed.

The bottom of the hood is ~ 25-30 cm above the plants. So the bulb is ~ 35-40 cm. I will lowering it. In flowering i will use 400W HPS (Philips GreenPower).
In veg i always used this 250W CMH, although i am thinking one 400W MH would be better.

I will take fresh pictures of the plant, of the roots and the equipment i have when i arrive home. In 10 hours
Snypie is online now Quote

Old 10-17-2017, 02:50 PM #12
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
have you tried taking one out of the pot and examining the roots? i'm willing to bet the roots are all on the outside of the pot because the inside middle is too wet. also what are your temp? could be too cold. but im' willing to bet you're just watering too often.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:48 PM #13
Snypie

I took a lot of pictures. One with flash and one without.

Today is day 60.

PoweredByLove: Yes, i look at the roots very often. I took pictures of the lesser one plant. My daytime temp is 25-26 Celsius, and the night temp is 22-23.
I have answered my own question. Why is my PH so low? Because I was watering too often. Now i watered the biggest two after 2 days (the pot was light and the top of the coco has changed the colour) and the PH was on spot. 6.1-6.2

Old 10-17-2017, 09:49 PM #14
Snypie

Old 10-17-2017, 09:51 PM #15
Snypie

Old 10-17-2017, 09:52 PM #16
Snypie

Old 10-17-2017, 10:39 PM #17
ibreza

ibreza is on a distinguished road
nice to hear you have solved ph and overwatering problems.
that is textbook magnesium deficiency in advanced stage. feed 0.3g/l epsom salt every watering and your plant should feel a lot better a week from now.

Your water is fine, you don't need ro or calmag. I assume hardness is in CaCO3 and not CaO. It would be nice to have a more detailed analysis but chances are most of that hardness are calcium and magnesium carbonates. Thoses carbonates will be dissolved by lowering your ph with a strong acid (nitric/phosphoric/sulfuric), making Ca and Mg available to your plants => no need for calmag.
ibreza is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:00 PM #18
Snypie

That's fine, thank you very much!!!
I will update this thread and i would be happy that you will continue to keep track with me

Old 10-18-2017, 03:36 AM #19
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snypie View Post
should be more roots than that for the age of these plants. you should try (only do one if you're not sure) watering a tiny amount to keep the top moist daily instead of saturating the pots every x-amount of days. just enough to keep the top from turning light brown.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:38 AM #20
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

those leaves arent showing deficiencies. they're showing overwatering and root damage. dry it out man it's only gonna escalate.

over watered bad roots

better watered better roots.

both plants were like 4-6 weeks from seed. not 100% sure on exact days. but yours are twice as old and in bigger pots should have more developed roots.

1 members found this post helpful.