What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ionic grow and bloom in flood n drain

Greenthumber

Fulvic is organic-which in my experience is not good for hydro
always ends up giving issues.[/QUOTEFrim I had listened to a podcast on the Adam Dunn show that dr Faust, the owner of bio Ag that fulvic acids in hydro was pretty important but in minimal amounts as it opens the plant up for more nutrient uptake which would be why some people have issues using it because they mix it in with their current nute mix which can be to strong after mixing the fulvic in, but to start using the fulvic with a lower nute mix than usual, and also that the Humic/ dark substances are more for dirt type mixs with the fulvic/gold colored are better with hydro. But I haven't exactly found anyone that uses it to back up any claims in hydroponics so I'm on the edge with it

bigbadbillybob

ive only been doing this for 5-6 years, but its up to you.
I know some use organic in hydro, but I like an easy life.
hope it works out for you, whatever you decide to do

Rondon

Ive used Ionic here in the States off and on since it first hit the shelves in the early 90's. Its good chit. Stupid simple one part. The booster isnt needed. Just grow and bloom. It is a little low in calcium. Its is a one part after all. The only drawback to Ionic is the ridiculous dilution rates. 20 ml. (4 tsp) to hit 1.3 to 1.4 EC. Thats some watered down nutes. Basically a 2 part in one jug. It might seem cheaper when you first but it...but after you mix up a batch..you realize at 20 ml. to barely hit target EC its not so cheap. I blew through JUGS of it back in the day. Its a solid nute line though. Ph stable as hell. Good stuff.