What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spiritual Implications of Medicinal Marijuana with Barbara Harris [video]

THCengineer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLrDGoF-67k
Spiritual Implications of Medicinal Marijuana with Barbara Harris
Published on Mar 31, 2016

Barbara Harris, RT, CMT, is author of The Secrets of Medical Marijuana: A Guide for Patients and Those Who Help Them. She is also author of many books, including The Natural Soul, Full Circle: The Near Death Experience and Beyond, Spiritual Awakenings: Insights of the NDE and Other Doorways to Our Soul, and Final Passage: Sharing the Journey as This Life Ends. She is a therapist in private practice in Atlanta, Georgia. She has been on the board of Directors for the Kundalini Research Network and was on the faculty of Rutgers University's Institute on Alcohol and Drug Studies for 12 years. She also spent six years researching the aftereffects of the near-death experience at the University of Connecticut Medical School. She is a consulting editor and contributor for the Journal of Near-Death Studies.

Here she describes her own use of medicinal marijuana to help cope with the anxiety of being in a body cast. She stresses the use of small doses. She also describes a number of ritual practices that can help to create a set and setting that enhance the effectiveness of marijuana. The discussion focuses on the long history of cannabis use in sacred contexts. She also describes Israeli research on cannabis and discoveries of the endo-cannabinoid system in the human body.

Sun569

A few weeks back I watched a docu-series on the internet and they featured Israel and how they are leading the studies and all the wonderful work they have done in the research and trials of the sacred plant, cannabis.

I hold high hopes for this naturally grown plant. But the U.S. has too much $$ in the pharmaceuticals to ever let this be a medicine legally at a Federal level.

Galaxy420

A few weeks back I watched a docu-series on the internet and they featured Israel and how they are leading the studies and all the wonderful work they have done in the research and trials of the sacred plant, cannabis.

I hold high hopes for this naturally grown plant. But the U.S. has too much $$ in the pharmaceuticals to ever let this be a medicine legally at a Federal level.

if the pharma drugs actually worked then there would be no problems with people choosing them or plants for healing