Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > canna a and b us feeding schedule?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds
canna a and b us feeding schedule? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 AM #21
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to behold
since there are intelligent people here.. I have had nitrogen toxicity issues in my last two flowering grows using the coco a + b at 8ml per gal and the boost at 4ml per gallon. and the only way to solve it was to drop the whole solution down to 600ppm what worked out to about 5 or 6ml per gallon which resulted in the yield dropping off drastically when finished and the plants looked underfed and the buds under developed.
what im curious of is this.. can something cause nitrogen toxicity rather than an N lockout? or can another lock out cause the plant to uptake too much N??

this is in canna coco, regular tap water (100-200ppm) keeping the medium most, ph around 6.2 ish

and btw, this was definitely N toxicity or a general nutrient burning. the clawing, dark green leaves, some leaf tips bent at nearly 90 degree angles from the rest of the leaf.
siftedunity is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2017, 04:51 AM #22
Absolem

Absolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by siftedunity View Post
since there are intelligent people here.. I have had nitrogen toxicity issues in my last two flowering grows using the coco a + b at 8ml per gal and the boost at 4ml per gallon. and the only way to solve it was to drop the whole solution down to 600ppm what worked out to about 5 or 6ml per gallon which resulted in the yield dropping off drastically when finished and the plants looked underfed and the buds under developed.
what im curious of is this.. can something cause nitrogen toxicity rather than an N lockout? or can another lock out cause the plant to uptake too much N??

this is in canna coco, regular tap water (100-200ppm) keeping the medium most, ph around 6.2 ish

and btw, this was definitely N toxicity or a general nutrient burning. the clawing, dark green leaves, some leaf tips bent at nearly 90 degree angles from the rest of the leaf.

Hi.

You have several known quantities and one unknown. The Canna fertilizer is a known. There are several tests online and some here. So we know what fertilizer elements and the levels they are being applied at. The Canna coco is also a known. It's been tested as well so we know what we are dealing with when it comes to the medium.

What we don't know is what is in your tap water. 100-200ppms of? It would be interesting to see a water analysis on your tap water. They cost about $40 and you can get one here https://www.jrpeters.com/lab-services...tritional.html

My guess is you have higher levels magnesium in your water which can increase the flow of N. I would bet your Ca levels and Mg levels are close to the same in your tap.

Last edited by Absolem; 07-19-2017 at 05:01 AM..
Absolem is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 PM #23
siftedunity
cant re Member

siftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to beholdsiftedunity is a splendid one to behold
Well the tap water has been from the same place for years but this is a recent issue. Thank for your reply I really appreciate it. I can get recent test for my water supply on the suppliers website so will post that in a couple of hours.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:24 AM #24
siftedunity
cant re Member

ok, looked at my water test. it contains amounts of everything EXCEPT magnesium. not sure why that could be.
but its classed as soft water, the Calcium is 37.2 Ca mg/l
if the mg was too high, what could I do to offset this?

Old 07-20-2017, 11:47 PM #25
Absolem

Absolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura aboutAbsolem has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by siftedunity View Post
ok, looked at my water test. it contains amounts of everything EXCEPT magnesium. not sure why that could be.
but its classed as soft water, the Calcium is 37.2 Ca mg/l
if the mg was too high, what could I do to offset this?

Strange how they leave the Mg out. Hmmm. Not sure how big your grow is but you could try cutting your tap water with some RO just to see how it goes. Maybe a half and half. Unless you drench the coco with a couple gallons of the new solution feed it could take up to a week to see any effects on the plants due to the cation ion exchange in the coco swapping out the ions to re-balance the coco medium. Good luck.
Absolem is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2017, 06:58 AM #26
Manchineel

Manchineel is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a smart option if you ask me. I too use Canna products. I have the full line. Because I conveniently asked the guy at Hydro store what the best line was and he happily drained my wallet and filled my shopping bags with the entire Canna line. No real regrets, I was a complete newbie so I had "take all my money" written all over me, but they do the job. I will be switching to dry fertilizers once these Canna products run dry. This may be a while as I only feed at 1/4 strength. I also intend to drip feed my plants in 3 gallon pots in coco.
Manchineel is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2017, 10:04 PM #27
siftedunity
cant re Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
Strange how they leave the Mg out. Hmmm. Not sure how big your grow is but you could try cutting your tap water with some RO just to see how it goes. Maybe a half and half. Unless you drench the coco with a couple gallons of the new solution feed it could take up to a week to see any effects on the plants due to the cation ion exchange in the coco swapping out the ions to re-balance the coco medium. Good luck.
I rung them and they said they don't test for mg. So I would have to go and get a test done myself. My vegging plants are fine, and have been for years with the same water. But for some reason it's in flower that they suddenly get the issues of late..

Old 07-25-2017, 10:05 PM #28
siftedunity
cant re Member

I did think maybe I over watered at the start of flower but not sure if that was the issue.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:23 PM #29
Rondon

Rondon is a jewel in the roughRondon is a jewel in the roughRondon is a jewel in the roughRondon is a jewel in the roughRondon is a jewel in the roughRondon is a jewel in the rough
If your tap is 0.3 -0.6 EC you can assume (but not always- need a report to be sure) its largely comprised of cacium and magnesium carbonates and some iron. Its whats in most municipal water supplies.These carbonates arent the most readily available to the plant but you can make it that way..especially for a calcium and magnesium hungry substrate like coco coir. Add a quality fulvic and amino acid (plant or fish protein hydrolysate) high in glycine to the hard tap water. Let it sit for awhile. Then add base nutrient. You just turned that hard tap water into a calmag supplement..ready to take in those previously unavailabe carbonates at the root zone. Humic/fulvic and amino acids arw natural and very effective chelation agents and work particularly well in shuttling around calcium , magnesium, & iron.
Rondon is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:12 PM #30
siftedunity
cant re Member

Ok thank you for that idea, much appreciated but if those carbonates are not being taken up by the plant does that mean these are most likely not causing the issue?
I seem to be having the same issue this run as I'm unable to switch to ro untill this current run is finished