What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

krustallos' cave 'o trees

krustallos

Veteran
Thanks unc! I think it's really the most efficient way of growing with the least risk. You have ALOT of buffer in the soil. I don't feed them ANYTHING till flower. Just plain water through the entire 3 months of veg.

If you want any tips feel free to PM me and I can give you specific details on everything ;)

krustallos

Veteran
Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend!

yoda_luke_funny_weed.jpg

TerpeneDream

So there isn't an edit button here huh?

So, in the high altitude...Did you find that your plants wanted to turn more indica? In a Strain Hunters episode, I remember them saying that even indigenous landraces would turn morn indica the higher up the mountain they were...

Also..Love the Flo! Did you pop seed or start with a clone? I know this is into level stuff (and perhaps I should cruise the beginner threads), but which would be better to start with? Flo and Blueberry (80/20) and 2 that I want in my 1st garden....

Thanks!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks unc! I think it's really the most efficient way of growing with the least risk. You have ALOT of buffer in the soil. I don't feed them ANYTHING till flower. Just plain water through the entire 3 months of veg.

If you want any tips feel free to PM me and I can give you specific details on everything ;)
for sure,i think i have the basics down,mostly im trying to decide between a sort of perpetual set up or switching to doing the last month of veg in place in the flower room with the goal of being able to shut down for a couple months a year...

LOVE the photos from yesterday. Man, I really would love to just sit in the middle of that cave of yours and talk to the ladies all day... just seems like it'd be so... peaceful.

krustallos

Veteran

So, in the high altitude...Did you find that your plants wanted to turn more indica? In a Strain Hunters episode, I remember them saying that even indigenous landraces would turn morn indica the higher up the mountain they were...

Also..Love the Flo! Did you pop seed or start with a clone? I know this is into level stuff (and perhaps I should cruise the beginner threads), but which would be better to start with? Flo and Blueberry (80/20) and 2 that I want in my 1st garden....

Thanks!

I've never grown at a lower elevation so I really have nothing to compare with. But I grow indoor, as opposed to out.. so I'm not sure how much it is affected.

I was given this clone from a friend 5 years ago, he did a large seed run and found this one.

Just try to start really simple... you don't need to give the plants all that much. Give them a basic 1 part nutrient to begin with..maybe some simple additives and see how it goes. You can dial your system in later.

LOVE the photos from yesterday. Man, I really would love to just sit in the middle of that cave of yours and talk to the ladies all day... just seems like it'd be so... peaceful.

I appreciate the compliments! It is definitely peaceful in the cave with the ladies.. a whole different world ya know?

for sure,i think i have the basics down,mostly im trying to decide between a sort of perpetual set up or switching to doing the last month of veg in place in the flower room with the goal of being able to shut down for a couple months a year...

Great! I would highly suggest doing a perpetual. It sucks in the beginning when you are first starting, but once you are in the cycle and have everything flowing life is so much easier. Trimming a bunch that are all coming down at the same time is more stressful as well. But yeah I guess if you can just do a couple/few then take a break and do it all again that wouldn't be a bad deal either!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:woohoo: God damn loving the photos and plants bro :woohoo:
I'll be tagging along for the rest of ya show :gday:
:plant grow:

krustallos

Veteran
Thanks b00mers!

I'm ready for some new strains..been running all the same ones for years now!

Hope all is well with you and yours Down Under!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How the fuk did I miss this ?!?!?!
Damn Brother !!!! i see you haven't lost yer touch . if anything its gotten to be the golden touch !!!
welcome back & Fantastic show !!! i'll set over here in the corner droolin if ya don't mind :)

krustallos

Veteran
Thanks Dan! Glad you finally made it over :)

I've been running the same few strains for years, they are getting pretty dialed in now (finally!). Did a couple seed runs this last year, probably try and do a couple more this year to get something fresh. Or just get some good clones instead if I can find any :yang:

Setting up to run some more lights, so time to get some more goin'!

Stop by anytime my man

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good question! I like to use Roots soil, in 25gal smart pots.

Nutrients are: Base- Maxibloom Boosters: Kool Bloom, Ginormous Additives: Silica (Protekt), Humics (Age Old), Liquid Kool Bloom (GH)

I do the same regiment for each strain.

Throughout veg they get nothing but plain h20. Then Feed/Water cycle in Flower. Flush last 2 weeks.
Wow ... nice simple recipe ! maxi , silica, humics & the KB combo . the only ones in that mix i haven't used is ginormous & humics , but have had good results with maxi & KB & protekt as a PH up .
even with a 90 day veg .... does the bag of roots get you all the way through ? or do you have to start feeding at a certain point ?

the maxi , i'm assuming is KISS ..... 1 tsp per gallon

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice thread man! Sub who? Sub cool? Ha..not the first time..I used to get tons of PM's for him...

Beautiful selection

babelfish

Thanks!

not till you get a few dozen posts in..

krustallos

Veteran
Wow ... nice simple recipe ! maxi , silica, humics & the KB combo . the only ones in that mix i haven't used is ginormous & humics , but have had good results with maxi & KB & protekt as a PH up .
even with a 90 day veg .... does the bag of roots get you all the way through ? or do you have to start feeding at a certain point ?

the maxi , i'm assuming is KISS ..... 1 tsp per gallon

Yeah I have tried pretty much every line of nutrients and different combinations. This is my favorite combo, gets the biggest buds that I have found with good trichome coverage and a nice smell. I do 1tsp per gal. Sounds like you have a good system going there too!

I also use Bountea Bioactivator twice per cycle. You mix it with the humusoil in a tea. Its Molasses, Yucca, and Humics

BA403__01420.1360004602.1280.1280.jpg

I don't feed anything through veg... just nice Colorado tap water with the roots soil.

I start feeding the first week of flower.

Nice thread man! Sub who? Sub cool? Ha..not the first time..I used to get tons of PM's for him...

Beautiful selection

Beautiful selection

Oh man, my bad on that one subrob. Need to get my head out of the clouds ;)

I appreciate those beans man, looking forward to any upcoming projects you have! :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts