What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

G

Nice pics btw....

Just a couple things....

Ive revegged many plants.... I found that if I didnt leave some larger leaves I would have a few that died since I began that process of leaving 2 or 3 leaves I havnt lost any in a long time....

The other thing I do....

Is once the plant has some new growth .... I then cut any fan leaves off....

and all the older growth from when it flowered.... my reasoning is that those leaves may still have some flowering signals left in them...

and could be the reason often that revegged plants sometimes have lots of white hairs...and dont go back to veg completely....

Its an unfounded suspicion.....

darrinjefferson

very interesting budley......
i think i will try to leave some fan leaves next time and see what kind of difference there is.
and i was thinking of cutting of the old growth but theres so much new growth coming out of the old stuff that i am worried i will cut off the new stuff.

well i will post a pic of my reveg in a couple days...should be crazy

late

G

One of the most amazing things in this world to me....

Scientists dont actually know(or very well) how plants flower...

There was a theory for some decades that a hormone called florigen would be found responsible for plants flowering...

from the web...

A possible hypothesis is that florigen does not exist; rather, a particular ratio of other hormones must be achieved for the plant to flower.

However, recent experiments suggest that florigen does exist. Its existence is substantiated by experiments that indicate that the substance that triggers blooming is produced or activated in the leaves of the plant, and must be given time to pass out of the leaves before the plant can flower.

=======================================================

I lean in the direction that florigen does not exist and its a ratio of hormones which trigger flowering...

As you can see new science indicates the flowering signal may come from the leaves....

In spite of the fact I dont have much info on how those old leaves effect new growth....

I get them out of there...

I seem to be more happy with my regrows than some who think its not even worthwhile to do....

More info on how plants flower....

http://www.jyi.org/news/nb.php?id=426

According to the study, the FT gene is induced in leaves in response to a stimulus, such as day length, that is favorable to flowering. Its product, the FT protein, starts the flowering process at the growing tips of plants by binding with another protein known as FD, which is only produced in flowering areas. Once activated by binding, the FD protein acts upon unspecialized stem cells to form flower buds.
================================================

They say this flowering gene is induced.....

But the question is how is it induced.... or how is it induced so precisely....

its possible a ratio of hormones is responsible for the induction of that gene....

Last edited:

keeporegongreen

I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade... but wouldnt it be 10x easier to just take a clone of the plant when you switch to 12/12? Then, by the time yer done flowering the mom you'll have the same size plant that you flowered ? The plants in the pics look stunted and seem to have a looong recovery time. It takes almost no light, work, or expense to take clones, and the plant is practically identical in growth to the seed mom. IMO revegging should only be used when you're taking a clone from a plant that is 1-3 weeks into flower. Anything past that I dont bother with - try to take cuts right when you flip!

keeporegongreen

Also, when I flip to flower I always prune the lower shoots that wont make it to the top canopy of the buds. These make excellent clones, and you kill 2 birds with a stone. 2pents

smokeymacpot

Veteran
keeporegongreen said:
I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade... but wouldnt it be 10x easier to just take a clone of the plant when you switch to 12/12? Then, by the time yer done flowering the mom you'll have the same size plant that you flowered ? The plants in the pics look stunted and seem to have a looong recovery time. It takes almost no light, work, or expense to take clones, and the plant is practically identical in growth to the seed mom. IMO revegging should only be used when you're taking a clone from a plant that is 1-3 weeks into flower. Anything past that I dont bother with - try to take cuts right when you flip!

its just another way to have a female plant. not much effort either.

The root triming part of reveging is most interesting. There is a product called spinout that is suposed to terminate all root growth that makes it way to the walls of the pot. It is a water proof paint like product with copper in it that can be applied by the user. There are also grow bags treated with spinout and some fancy looking pots that terminates the roots using air it is called an accelerator . I also seen a poor mans way to terminate roots so the roots can grow more hair and more sq/ft of root area. They cut the bottom of the pots off and then place the pots on raised nets or chicken wire. The idea is when the roots grow past the bottom of the pot the root tip hits the air and terminates. This allows more new fresh root shoots to grow and more hair to grow on the roots you already have. PPDODOBOY

darrinjefferson

heres a look at my revegging cascadia. she been in reveg for about 4 weeks. she just started to produce some more normal, 5bladed leaves.
heres some pics

hope to take clones in next couple weeks....then reflower should be alot of fun.

late

G

novicewombat said:
I'm just in the process of finishing my first hydro grow... I had a couple weeks left until harvest time when a couple undetected light leaks (late nights reading with the lights on!) induce pollen sacs to start uprooting in my already beautifully developed buds :badday:

Question.

I'm certain that this baby was not genetically herm since it didn't show maleness until right up the end of flowering, and did it after I stayed up late... that is was certainly shock/stress induced because I screwed up its photoperiod. Perhaps I'm wrong though? Anyway, to the real question:

So, what if I reveg the remains of this plant (she *was* a beauty)--will that mean that now it will flower again as a female and not go hermie as long as I don't stress it out??

Or after a plant goes hermie, it never goes back?? :chin: Anyway, this is my first post--I've been lurking for awhile now--good info here, really damn helpful :wave:

Personally I consider a hermie that shows male at the end of the growing period a genetic hermie....

So its quite likely your clone will also do the same thing in late flowering.....

This IMO is the least harmful of the genetic hermies....

Personally I wouldnt mind if all my females had this trait.....

but would only do this 2 weeks after normal harvest....

the closer to harves the better....

darrinjefferson

well i thought it was about time to get this thread goin again. heres a shot of my cascadia reveg at a bit over 4 weeks.

shes gettin bushy.
what do you guys do when your revegs get to bushy? trim them back ? i figure do that then by the time she recovers and gets some better shoots i can clone, then flower her out and have tons of tops.\

thoughts??

late

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Ive got a thread somewhere here on DWC Reveg. I need to update it, but i got teh root rot, and shes almost dead.

She totally came back though, and if she did get root rot, she would have been insanely dense.

Im trying to save her with an ultrasonic fogger, after removing 90% of her roots.

green_grow

Veteran
this was my first attempt at re-vegging . after i harvested it i was sure i had gone too far, but i went ahead and tried to re-veg anyways ... nothing to lose, right ?

here it is after harvest on feb 18

here it is on march 30

all that was left after harvest was 2 or 3 of the tiniest leaves imaginable ... you might just be able to make them out in the first pic. those one soon died but, to my surprise, new ones started shooting out after a few weeks !

G

Hey guys,

I've revegged my plants after two grows starting from seed with no prroblems.

I've always put the plant into 24/7 under CFL's right after chopping.

I have two plants finishing up on different schedules and I wonder if it would work fine if I harvested the early plant and just left it under 12/12 for a couple of weeks.

From Seed

Coming back to life.

Blooming for a second time.

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave: Hello all, I have not posted yet here, but now is as best a time as any...I want to thank MedUser for this thread and everyone else who has contributed info here, cause I have 4 revegging plants doing splendidly right now because of all of you!!! :woohoo: Anyhow, I just wanted to post some pics so u guys can see what I got. This is 2 exceptional purple AK48 phenos, as well as a purple Blue Moon Rocks pheno, and a bubblegum BMR pheno. All great smoke, which is why Im revegging. They were flowered out, harvested, except for some small lower buds, rootball trimmed, put in 1/2 gal pots, and put on 18/6...this was 4 weeks ago. Ill let the pics speak for themselves!!! :yoinks: :wave: Peace

- Z

Latest posts

Latest posts