Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Flower Week 2 - Burned or Deficient?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Original Seed Store for great Cannabis genetics
Flower Week 2 - Burned or Deficient? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2017, 05:42 AM #21
HqFarms

HqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the roughHqFarms is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Of Life View Post
Thanks Hq. So does toxicity/salt build up start showing itself on the bottom of the plant and work it's way up? The only signs I'm seeing on the top of the plant are some very lightly yellowed leaf tips, as if they've been ever-so-slightly nute burned. But the damage on the bottom is much more ravenous, and has a different look. As shown in the images, it's sort of like a cripsing of the leaf from the outside in.

Depending what is locked out macro or micro nutrients signs will show on top or bottom. If your ppm raises in your run off you are feeding them too much. Run off ppm will drop if plants are hungry. I see you are running canna coco plus calmag. Canna coco is buffered with extra calcium for the extra needs of coco. My guess is you have filled the calcium buffer and now have excess causing a toxicity problem.
HqFarms is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 PM #22
Hydropimp

Hydropimp has a spectacular aura aboutHydropimp has a spectacular aura aboutHydropimp has a spectacular aura aboutHydropimp has a spectacular aura aboutHydropimp has a spectacular aura about
There is a form you should copy and paste fill in the blanks. Its in the infirmary

Need that pic with the lights off.

For now feed low with lots of run off to reset the coco.
Hydropimp is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 02:57 AM #23
RedBeardy5

RedBeardy5 has a spectacular aura aboutRedBeardy5 has a spectacular aura aboutRedBeardy5 has a spectacular aura about
Looks to me to be a deficiency of a few elements. I would up your base nutes and monitor your runoff. This happened to me when I added a co2 generator. How often do you feed, what ppm, what size pot, and wattage light?
RedBeardy5 is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2017, 03:55 AM #24
Student Of Life

Student Of Life will become famous soon enoughStudent Of Life will become famous soon enough
Appreciate the advice everyone. Pretty sure that the crowd consensus of salt buildup is correct. I tested each plant's runoff individually this morning and although there were a couple that showed only 200-400 ppm, most of them were showing 900-1200. Guess I tested one of the hungry girls earlier. Spent the better part of the day mixing light nute res's (250 ppm) and flushing the whole garden out. Got it down to an average of 500 ppm runoff, so will have to flush some more this weekend.

Hq - I'm sure you're right. I'll go without any of the calmag in the next few feedings (including all of today's flushing) and see if Canna's AB holds true. I was just adding it as a precautionary since I kept reading all over the internet that if you use RO and coco, you MUST use calmag. If the calmag isn't needed, that'll be one less ingredient to toss in the res
Student Of Life is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2017, 06:34 PM #25
Artisancrafted

Artisancrafted is on a distinguished road
? Is this toward me I don’t understand
Artisancrafted is offline Quote

Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 PM #26
Artisancrafted

Artisancrafted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisancrafted View Post
Just remember also to always keep your Coco at 50% Moist if you let it dry out more than that then the potassium level rises and it locks out the calcium and magnesium maybe that's why you have a Cal mag issue
Artisancrafted is offline Quote