What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We did it!!!!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arkansas is the first state in the Bible belt to legalize medical marijuana.
Let's come out of hiding and show the world what we can do.

hayday

Veteran
Awsome nieghbor,I hope you can make good with it.We will have to wait and see how Texas will act on this.
I guess ...never?

Morcheeba*

Veteran
right on, fl did the same so that 2 in the south.

got family in BeeBe, Cabot and Heber Springs and i know some of them are happy.

peace

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Started reading it, and it sounds as if they're going to allow THC. No less than 20 dispensary licenses, but no more than 40. No less than 4 cultivation licenses, but no more than 8.

The one thing I didn't like about the rules in Florida is that they only let nurseries with 30 years of experience apply. Which seems an easy way to keep those of us who have strictly been in the cannabis market out. I'm hoping that rule will be overturned. They're also only allowing CBD.

Hope it works out in Arkansas. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Here's the full document in case anyone wants to read it.

http://ag.arkansas.gov/opinions/docs/2016-007.pdf

Morcheeba*

Veteran
...The one thing I didn't like about the rules in Florida is that they only let nurseries with 30 years of experience apply. Which seems an easy way to keep those of us who have strictly been in the cannabis market out. I'm hoping that rule will be overturned. They're also only allowing CBD...

that is the Low THC bill, s.b. 1030, that the lawmakers passed in a rushed effort to try and undermine the turn out vote for a constitutional amendment, Amendment 2, that got enoug sigs to be on the ballot 2 yrs ago.

that amendment failed but this year it passed. Amendment 2 allows for THC meds but no home grows. they are strict on qualifying conditions and the regulatory climate will be drafted over the next 7 months. its anyone guess if they will keep the 30 yrs of continuous ag cultivating 400,000 plants annually as qualifications for cultivators.

peace

Drewsif

Best pot I ever smoked was in AR. Well known in MO "the good stuff comes from AR"

Unfortunately, I think anyone with expectations is going to be let down, after the corporate grow factories and their outlets are strategically placed across the state. The time between cards being issued, and the opening of the first dispensary will be a time of intense networking, as plant counts will keep anyone able to avoid the 25mile rule from being able to supply anyone outside of their rural neighborhood.

They dont smoke or grow hydro in Northern AR.. Pickiest potheads in the country!

starke

Hope your government guys are quicker and not as corrupt as ours are here in Florida. Good luck in the future.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope your government guys are quicker and not as corrupt as ours are here in Florida. Good luck in the future.

:yeahthats it did nothing for us home growers here in NY either ...... just as illegal as before .......

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Best pot I ever smoked was in AR. Well known in MO "the good stuff comes from AR"!

Thanks man. Some of us here have known that for years...

I've lived in Fla. and I've lived in Ark.
The bastards in both states are corrupt and greedy..
:yeahthats it did nothing for us home growers here in NY either ...... just as illegal as before .......

My buddy in NY isn't too excited..

We'll just keep doing things the way we always have, there's no way the dispensaries will have better weed than what we can grow ourselves!:biggrin:

Chappi

Don't mean to be a bummer but.....better hope Sesisions doesn't get AG position or all of our state's "legalizations" won't mean dick. We gotta hold Trump accountable for what he said in his campaign that he would leave it to the states to decide on MJ laws.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best pot I ever smoked was in AR. Well known in MO "the good stuff comes from AR"

Unfortunately, I think anyone with expectations is going to be let down, after the corporate grow factories and their outlets are strategically placed across the state. The time between cards being issued, and the opening of the first dispensary will be a time of intense networking, as plant counts will keep anyone able to avoid the 25mile rule from being able to supply anyone outside of their rural neighborhood.

They dont smoke or grow hydro in Northern AR.. Pickiest potheads in the country!

That was issue 7 you are referring to. 6 is the 1 that passed and it doesn't allow home growing.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't mean to be a bummer but.....better hope Sesisions doesn't get AG position or all of our state's "legalizations" won't mean dick. We gotta hold Trump accountable for what he said in his campaign that he would leave it to the states to decide on MJ laws.
Don't hold your breath. D.T. speaks with forked tongue.

Latest posts

Latest posts