What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home Grows in WA?

Cur

Has any progress been made since last April about the future of Home Grows in WA?

Lyfespan

and these cali peole want to vote yes on 64, hahaha can you tell people that rec weed laws suck

Shooters

Has any progress been made since last April about the future of Home Grows in WA?

The straight simple answer is No Progress.

Home rec grows are not something the State wants as it would take monies out of the tax coffers.

Currently if you want to grow at home you need a medical license which since July 1st is limited to 4 plants. 6 plants if you sign up on the Governors' list you can have 6 or up to 15 based on your doctors prescription to meet your individual needs. All plants must be kept out of the public view and secured from minors...

The State wants everyone buying from the rec stores so they can tax it

rolandomota

You guys need another voter initiative to allow homegrown for all it can be done and people will vote yes

Wendull C.

Veteran
^^^^ That's the answer, vote in a fucked up law then petition the same fucks who wrote the law to pull out of your ass.
How about not voting it in the first time? But you don't get a vote from Texas, do you?

Shooters

Seems to me more people in our state and others need to look up what a natural right is...

Everyone has the right to select a seed and grow it for themselves regardless of what that seed produces, voting, democracy, etc has nothing to do with what is your right to do. States decriminalized cannabis, nuf said, the rest is just smoke and mirrors so they can TAX you more...

squatty

I can't believe how fortunate I am to live in Oregon for just this reason. I am just blown away by the freedom to legally grow a couple of plants in my backyard.

Amazed since 2015,,,

There are currently (May 2017) two new bills working their way through the system. HB-1092 and HB-1212. 1092 is simple and straightforward (only two pages!). 6 plants per adult, and no more than 12 plants if domicile has more than one resident. 24 and 48 oz on hand respectively. 1212 is more complicated with 6 plants/24 oz per domicile, period. It then discusses a sliding scale of penalties for grows larger than the 12 plant/24oz limit.

1212 has provisions for sharing up to an oz. 1092 doesn't. Neither clarifies option for growing outdoors.

Though my heart soars at the news, my gut tells me Olympia isn't in any hurry to release control since the common rabble isn't capable of making their own decisions. Divine guidance from the legislature is still needed. Besides, we need to be randomly punished once in a while to prevent insurrection.

All I can say is cross your fingers and call your reps...

thejact55

This is exactly (plus a few other reasons), i voted no on the initial ballot. Ill keep doing as i please without becoming a registered grower/smoker with the government. I pay enough taxes, more than my fair share. If i want some cannabis next to my tomatoes and cucumbers, i will. The washington "legalization" is bullcrap. Progressive insurance was the #1 funder of the bill. This was for tax money and private money, nothing benefiting me.

therevverend

Veteran
Washington state is terrible the voters are so uninformed. They say cannabis is legalized but it's not.
In Oregon, Alaska, and California possession of any amount of cannabis is decriminalized to the point of being a misdemeanor. Growing is a misdemeanor. Selling or delivery a misdemeanor.
In Washington possession of 40 grams is a felony. Growing? Forget about it.

Drewsif

But you can buy da marijuanas from da dubspensareez. The good stuff that taste like grow product!

"Dey eat da poo poo"

Sourdiesel hat

Washington state is terrible the voters are so uninformed. They say cannabis is legalized but it's not.
In Oregon, Alaska, and California possession of any amount of cannabis is decriminalized to the point of being a misdemeanor. Growing is a misdemeanor. Selling or delivery a misdemeanor.
In Washington possession of 40 grams is a felony. Growing? Forget about it.

no time limit on the 40 grams. like 80-160 weeks of meds.

it hurts you're brain to put legal onto something like that because its not.

you could just produce 40 at once then go back as needed leaving the rest in a place it cant be counted with time limit set on the place. first time you re add a time limit from something like rent or a 2nd person makes the same thing happen. you dont really want. its like if you added a rent check you had to pay when nothing is really due.

they roll with the 80 then they leave there shit with each other so i got like 160 on me i heard like 200 people showed up. so im legal for 32,000 gram gro op's. just not allowed to do that at home. $32,000,000 a run. then you would ruin that by bringing over 40 grams with you on purpose when you know im sober. trips up at him not keeping his own 40grams and using the 32k line then not being able to comment right on inventory cause he is using it. then he says its more money then we have cause of no time limit on the 40 and a set time on the other end. after its used up to a certain point he goes blind. just turns into saying yes or no to the sequence of the 40 grams which is where it started. why should you be allowed to ask other people that.

its set around the imperial system lol. all it takes is the guy quitting smoking weed.

There are currently (May 2017) two new bills working their way through the system. HB-1092 and HB-1212. 1092 is simple and straightforward (only two pages!). 6 plants per adult, and no more than 12 plants if domicile has more than one resident. 24 and 48 oz on hand respectively. 1212 is more complicated with 6 plants/24 oz per domicile, period. It then discusses a sliding scale of penalties for grows larger than the 12 plant/24oz limit.

1212 has provisions for sharing up to an oz. 1092 doesn't. Neither clarifies option for growing outdoors.

Though my heart soars at the news, my gut tells me Olympia isn't in any hurry to release control since the common rabble isn't capable of making their own decisions. Divine guidance from the legislature is still needed. Besides, we need to be randomly punished once in a while to prevent insurrection.

All I can say is cross your fingers and call your reps...

When are they going to vote on it ?

giggsy70

Any one in the Tacoma area growing green meds? I am running a good number of Greenpoint strains. They are all Stardawg (2011 Top Dawg Genetics) crosses. I have Bruce Banner #3, Pure Vida, Ghost Train Haze #1, Tahoe, Goji (purple pheno and Queen B cut), Cookiewreck. Might have a few extra clones in two/three weeks. I am also running Staryfox's Wake of the Dragon (bodhi's dragonsoul x blueberry temple) ,(blueberry temple x Bubba Kuch Katsu cut) and a Glue tech x desert secret from a solid Michigan grower.